Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
So I've found two race cars with inconsistent racing number placements, the McLaren F1 GTR (side numbers) and the GR Supra N24 (hood numbers).

On the McLaren F1 GTR: (the custom racing numbers do tilt on other cars, such as McLaren's very own 650S GT3 and Huracan GT3, but not on this car for some reason)
GTS_McLaren_F1_GTR_Racing_Number.jpg

GTS_McLaren_F1_GTR_Racing_Number_Default.jpg

On the GR Supra N24: (probably because the default position could be obstructive for custom liveries like in the RC F GT3 Proto?)
latest

latest

N class the less said the better. We prefer PP so to speak? Do we?

I think it can be cut a few ways. And PD have dabbled in it - such as 90's Japanese performance cars in Race A.

For road cars they can do;

Hot Hatches
American Muscle
Butchered Muscle (a.k.a. SEMA cars)
Classic European
Compact
2-Litre Naturally Aspirated
5-Litre Naturally Aspirated
Classic Concept
European Performance

And then have the ability for those cars to be raced either in their current N-classes or in those specific classes with their own BoP. It would take some time to get the BoP right, but miniscule compared to the amount of time it takes to model a new car and then condemn it to obscurity in Group X.

Sign me up Kaz

I have been playing Gran Turismo for over 15 years.
Last year I bought a Logitech G29 wheel, after using a trusty little hand controller. I built the gantry myself using slotted angle iron and a nice chair. I thought it might improve my driving but it hasn't. It seems that any little change can put me off and render me like a drunk behind the wheel (even a change in the car viewing angle).
Was just wondering if this is a normal thing or not.

Last year I bought a Logitech G29 wheel, after using a trusty little hand controller. I built the gantry myself using slotted angle iron and a nice chair. I thought it might improve my driving but it hasn't. It seems that any little change can put me off and render me like a drunk behind the wheel (even a change in the car viewing angle).

You've reset the learning curve is all, persevere with it as the potential for driving better is higher with a wheel. You cant expect to drive as well with a new set up as all you're 15 year accrued muscle / twitch memory has become irrelevant.

Same thing happened to me. Trust me though, when you get used to it it's a great experience. Changing settings on wheel might help too

Given that it takes 13 button presses to get back to the main menu (and more to fix the issue), this is not an acceptable time to flash this message up:

View attachment 909943

Painful UX design that I've run into multiple times. But a faster way to delete photos while staying in photo mode would be to go into the effects tab and under Effect Presets, scroll down to 'Use Photo' and you can delete some photos in there. There can definitely be better management of photos/ space requirements as the photos you take start adding up

Hmm, I wonder what kinda process goes into recreation of old premium GT5-6 cars, TO GT Sport Super Premium ones.

Just imagine, imagine of we get this kind of sound quality for the LFA (given the LFA Nurb pack edition is in GT6). If it's planned to come out this year..

Also doesn't Kazunori himself own one??

I think I’d be slightly more interested in the livery editor if there were parts we could add to cars, like in GT6. It just feels a bit odd to me, to try making a custom livery for a car which still has its stock shape, even if you end playing with its settings, power/weight, and so on.

I’d also be down for being able to use skins made by PD, if you’re not so good at making your own liveries and/or you don’t wanna use someone else’s for some reason, especially if we could use the various skins seen in GT Word Tour events.

I think the former would be likely to appear in the next game, too, so hopefully we’ll get more info sometime this year. Hopefully June?

Given that it takes 13 button presses to get back to the main menu (and more to fix the issue), this is not an acceptable time to flash this message up:

View attachment 909943

I still have not an ounce of a clue why PD decided to make personal gallery content save to a server with capacity limits rather than save locally like in the past titles. I don’t see why it needs to be on the server until you upload it.

Maybe it’s so that all your creations are accessible through the community services on browsers/apps? Even then it would seem like a better idea to have a setting for an auto-upload function that will warn you when you hit capacity but still permits you to save locally while you’re maxed out. Very frustrating.

I still have not an ounce of a clue why PD decided to make personal gallery content save to a server with capacity limits rather than save locally like in the past titles. I don’t see why it needs to be on the server until you upload it.

Maybe it’s so that all your creations are accessible through the community services on browsers/apps? Even then it would seem like a better idea to have a setting for an auto-upload function that will warn you when you hit capacity but still permits you to save locally while you’re maxed out. Very frustrating.

I don't get that either. Sometimes it'll tell you can't save any more despite having more then enough space to do. Had it happen four times to me, last time it did so while somehow still telling me I had room for 34 liveries left :odd:

20200414_045654.jpg

Passing the long hours of downtime in the lockdown has some uses...

I'm back up to 14m credits, another 6m and I'll be able to pick up the second mega unicorn (the Jaaaaaaag XJ13) to join the Ferrari 330 P4 in my garage. I'm also at 26,445 Mileage points so should have enough in the bank to max up the XJ13 by the time I get to buy it.

See you in another 500 wins...! :crazy::lol:

I don't get that either. Sometimes it'll tell you can't save any more despite having more then enough space to do. Had it happen four times to me, last time it did so while somehow still telling me I had room for 34 liveries left :odd:

PD allocate a certain amount of server space on top of setting a cap on content type per user (pretty sure its 1000 of anything across the board, but I haven't checked), so it sounds like you were hitting your data cap before the physical cap.

Somewhere in your gallery there’s a window that tells you your remaining available data, I haven’t done a deep enough look-through know what that cap is but I’d guess around 5-10GB. I don’t know how much data a livery takes up, I’m pretty sure only photos and replays will actually display their file size in the gallery. In theory a livery file shouldn’t be that big as it’s a set of instructions for rendering if Im correct in understanding how it works. I’m big on the photo mode and I haven’t even gotten close to the physical cap, I’ve always ran out of server space due to a few long replays I’ve held on to. If you’re having that issue you may want to look into clearing unimportant replays and photos, it may be more effective than clearing liveries if I’m understanding the file storage correctly.

I’ve only been inconveniently interrupted during a photo shoot with a lot of set up and fine tuning, I would hate to have spent hours and hours on a livery just to find I couldn’t save it due to an artificial capacity constraint, that sucks man. 👎

1,500 wins lol

That absolutely blows my mind because I reckon I'm hardcore with 289 wins with a smattering of silvers for like the F1500 Brands Hatch horror show.

We're not super tied down to our houses over here. If we have a legitimate reason to go out then we do.

And I'm in 'essential services' so its still 40hrs a week and then some for me.

My mortgage thanks my employer.

I'm just doing a two lap of the Ring every day right now in a GT3 car. There's a lot to get thru but at only 75,000 per race its slow going but it doesnt matter as there's nothing to buy.

I'm at $15 mil. and my next buy will be the XJ13 or the GT40 MkIV but they wont be used much given PD havent really been forthcoming with the content have they...

Hmm, I wonder what kinda process goes into recreation of old premium GT5-6 cars, TO GT Sport Super Premium ones.

Just imagine, imagine of we get this kind of sound quality for the LFA (given the LFA Nurb pack edition is in GT6). If it's planned to come out this year..

Chills down my spine...

Anyone noticed that to serve a penalty at The Green Hell you can slow down and wash off pens anywhere you like as in the early days of the game, but at Monza you can only serves pens at designated penalty zones?

Is this a bug, or on purpose considering the length of the track?

Literally the only reason I want the LFA in the game is to hear THAT.

View attachment 910168

Passing the long hours of downtime in the lockdown has some uses...

I'm back up to 14m credits, another 6m and I'll be able to pick up the second mega unicorn (the Jaaaaaaag XJ13) to join the Ferrari 330 P4 in my garage. I'm also at 26,445 Mileage points so should have enough in the bank to max up the XJ13 by the time I get to buy it.

See you in another 500 wins...! :crazy::lol:
Wow, this is huge. To think I was going to share my humble result of 100 GT League victories...:lol:

What's your playtime? Must have taken you at least 400 hours if all of these wins are regular races. If they are endurance, then I'm too afraid to count.

Here were my ideas regarding online balancing and car grouping in a future GT game:

-For a given event (or in some cases, a tournament), you will be able to either bring your own car, or in other events, you'll be provided a car tuned by PD, not too unlike what we see now in GTS. However, if you're able to bring your own car, it will need to be stock, especially if the tuning system from prior games returns, where you can add a variety of parts to your car. I'd personally like to be able to add external parts like in GT6, but I think this idea would allow the online ecosystem to be balanced as a result. However, there could be Time Trials, where you're limited to a single model, and you may be forced to drive it stock in some cases, but in other cases, you can outfit it however you'd like before hitting the track. You also could permit modified cars within lobbies.

-For the aforementioned events and tournaments, there will be two parts to the car car regulations: one that mimics an event from the campaign as for what models are permitted, and an N-Series classification. For example, there could be an MR Challenge event that uses lower-level N-series cars like the Toyota MR2, whereas a higher-level N-Series MR Challenge may permit cars like the McLaren 650S or Ferrari 458. This would also allow the campaign to serve as practice for the online, and some events could be repeated in the campaign (like in GT3), except instead of merely having harder AI, they'd use more powerful vehicles that still fit the event's criteria.

-On top of that, there could be additional rulesets seen in the campaign (and online) for the major racing groups. So for example, for Gr.3, you could have event for FIA GT3 cars, GTE cars, and/or GT300 cars, in addition to an all-inclusive regulation for any and all Gr.3 cars. Similarly, for Gr.1, there could be campaign events for Group C cars, modern LMPs, and VGTs, with the last one potentially being a re-tooled "VGT Trophy" event, rather than being a Gr.X event.

-There could even be tools for players to create their own regulations and events, including which cars may be permitted, or what tracks are used, with how long each race would be, and so on. Each created regulation could be given a name, and then shared within the in-game social media system, not unlike a livery. I would hope tunes could be shared in a similar manner, too.

Anyone noticed that to serve a penalty at The Green Hell you can slow down and wash off pens anywhere you like as in the early days of the game, but at Monza you can only serves pens at designated penalty zones?

Is this a bug, or on purpose considering the length of the track?
My guess is they set it this way, instead of people having to deal with the red bar the whole lap if they mess up early.

...any news about any kind of update? Wasn't in game for quite some time, and as I can see, there was no mayor update...

...any news about any kind of update? Wasn't in game for quite some time, and as I can see, there was no mayor update...
Only a penalty fix last month, or maybe March. The next is likely to be in May to include the Mazda Vision GT car..

There was also some proposed changes to Sport Mode, though that didn't seem to get a confirmed release date unlike the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 (which is NOT part of the VGT project).

The last big one was back in February. Nothing major since

I don't think GT Sport has anything more to give... Adding extra cars and tracks at this point will mean nothing, as it will show up for one week as daily race and never come back again. It's a sad state of affairs when I only play the game for league racing. PD should just stop adding stuff to GT Sport; it isn't worth their time anymore.

Of course, I don't mind the extra car here and there. Used the Fiat for the Race A and think I used it in a Scapes along with the Abarth 500.

Drove the DBR9 once and also got one in the DWG.

Used the 180SX in Race A.

These cars have their place. Livery Editor, Custom Races, etc. Keep 'em coming.

I don't think GT Sport has anything more to give... Adding extra cars and tracks at this point will mean nothing, as it will show up for one week as daily race and never come back again. It's a sad state of affairs when I only play the game for league racing. PD should just stop adding stuff to GT Sport; it isn't worth their time anymore.
One thing I don't get is why the most expensive cars cannot be purchased as DLC... of course, charging £7.99 for a single car is absurd (sorry PD, but it really is...), but what is arguably worse still is that there is even more content that is effectively permanently inaccessible... it begs the question of why PD go to such lengths to create such amazing content, but they require an insane amount of grinding (i.e. a physically unhealthy amount of gameplay) in order to obtain. I guess a compromise would be in order - I can see the attraction of some DLC (i.e. for those of us who don't have the time to grind for otherwise inaccessible content) but the pricing needs to be fair and in proportion to the cost of the rest of the game.

My main concern is that these cars are so beautifully crafted, so detailed and arguably the finest digital creations in the motorsport genre... and I can't even use them. :(

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back