Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Formidable, Oct 27, 2015.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

Server Maintenance over two days?

MAINTENANCE
    Server Maintenance Notice (17/06/2020)
    06/15/2020

Server maintenance will be performed for Gran Turismo Sport in the following dates and times.
    Please note that during this time, you will not be able to use online features including Sport Mode.

[Day & Time]
    June 17, 2020: 23:00 – 01:00 PDT
    june 18, 2020: 06:00 – 08:00 UTC
    * The above time is subject to change.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

2. Famine

Famine Administrator

N... no? It's two hours at the usual time.

3. MIE1992

MIE1992

I wish I could see if I’m only driver in my county or not. It says I’m the best, but that doesn’t mean as much to me if I’m also the only driver in my county.

dlshearon likes this.
  4. AlexWilmot

AlexWilmot

dlshearon, DanSHW and Landy1264 like this.
  5. DanSHW

DanSHW

That is good news, same sort of drop for the TT, and a smaller drop for the Scirocco, hopefully Gr.4 will be more balanced, no daily with it this week, so we might get one next week, have to get in early before everyone realises the FFs have been taken down a notch.

6. 05XR8

05XR8

Don't know when the BOP updated, but the FFs are topping the Fuji TT.

Only an RCF, my Supra, two 458s a Huracan and a Viper are in the top 25. Everything else are FFs.

7. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

BOP update just happened this morning after the maintenance period ended.

8. meekrab

meekrab

Very nice. Hopefully the weight loss helps them with tire wear without being rocketships on the straights.

Also the Porsche and BMW Gr. 3 cars got a little bump, I know people were complaining about the 911 being a snail.

9. tankuroded

tankuroded

Finally uploaded these things I've made last month (and kept revising after that)

sirjim73, Quakebass and JEverettL like this.
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

In my Manu race, the GT-Rs were fast. Towards the end, one caught me and almost passed at the final chicane exit(too much understeer on acceleration). The other GT-R won the race from pole. COuldn't catch my RC F on the straights, but it still looked good.

11. 261004

Where did you find that version of 5OUL ON D!SPLAY without the car sounds?

Quakebass and JEverettL like this.
  12. JEverettL

JEverettL Premium

Amazing videos!!

13. 05XR8

05XR8

JEverettL likes this.
  14. MIE1992

MIE1992

I guess there's no update this month? Eh, I suppose that makes sense, considering what Kaz said. C'est la vie!

15. 05XR8

05XR8

Why do we need more updates? We've got cars, tracks, wet conditions, night time, online racing, F1, Super GT, GT3, GT4(car :lol::sly:), Super Formula, EVs, Kei cars, vintage race and road cars, JDM, GT Awards cars, muscle cars, pony cars, Sport sedans, fake as a boob job cars, concept cars, rally car(s), dirt tracks, snow(on Fuji :lol:). What more do you want? GT has it all! ;)

16. Quakebass

Quakebass

It’d be nice if PD would apply some of these to sport mode in a more significant way than one makes and rare mixed one-offs.

17. honzarox

honzarox

Hi, I've just moved from AC to GT-Sport.
    What cars are the most widely used for races online? I.e. which cars should I buy first?

18. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

If you do the driving school and missions you are rewarded with credits and cars. The most common cars online are the gr4 and gr 3 cars.
    Which one you like is a matter of preference.
    Right now the fastest gr4 car is the RZC, but tire wear is rough in long races.

ThePotatoKing and darth_tails like this.
  19. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

I'd recommend trying to get gold on all the circuit experience tracks as you get a free car for each and about 8million credits in total and like Knievel just said above Gr.3 and Gr.4 are used the most

cosme, ProjectF, dlshearon and 2 others like this.
  20. O604

O604

21. Abyss1

Abyss1

I did this for the most part and have not done online races...I also don’t have a wheel ...it’s reminiscent of playing the old gt games for me which is cool. Plus after watching that 24 hours of virtual Le Mans ...gotta say if I invest in a wheel than its gotta be for a full sim rig ...here’s hoping gt7 has some kick ass VR gameplay so I buy a rig

RacingGrandpa likes this.
  22. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Some of the track experiences should be trivial to achieve gold since many of this guys here have been on these tracks on various sims for the last decade, maybe two decades.

I think I first raced Spa back in Geoff Crammond's F1 GP which I'm guessing is... 1995? Maybe earlier? Maybe two or three laps should bag it.

Some of the track experiences will kick your a$$... nurburgring being the foremost... enjoy getting better than 6'57" in a BMW land yacht M8....

sirjim73 likes this.
  23. juanffy18

juanffy18

No more updates for GT Sport?

Maybe the last one is with Trial Mountain :D

Auto motors and dlshearon like this.
  24. Abyss1

Abyss1

Don’t mind that there aren’t any more updates ...my PS4 is lacking space ...I have to delete games for updates and so I’m glad the game is in some equilibrium for the moment

25. happycorey

happycorey

I don't think there will be any if GT7 is a launch title. But instead of GTS content just give us more GT7 trailers

26. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

I wouldn't think the updates are finished just yet, we know there are still three cars potentially coming to Sport and there are still ongoing issues with the penalty system and online connection disconnects which may never get fixed and of course races itself as the old bug of where the cars spin about looking stupid at the start of a race still exists too.

The way I read PD and I am no expert but going by past observations I think we will see an update in August and perhaps October which gives us some final new content for Sport maybe fix a few issues and then they begin with the "wow" factor for 7!

barak181 and Lubeify100 like this.
  27. barak181

barak181

I'm almost embarrassed at how long it took me to get gold on this one. But with the 24hr track being the Manu race this weekend and Nordschliefe being my weak part of the circuit, I finally buckled down and worked on it.

Finally!

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200705105358.jpg

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  28. tankuroded

tankuroded

Some interesting findings:

Quakebass, ProjectF, deviln3 and 5 others like this.
  29. Team THRT Drift

Team THRT Drift

Only the first one isn't a finding, per say. Every marking from the original livery is gone. It warns you of this when you decide to paint it.

30. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Happens to me awhile back then. Found it amusing :lol:.

RNFetchBlobTmp_634akhtcsndybjkfhsgoho.jpg RNFetchBlobTmp_yn4y72tqn7d1rrfcvmbnh.jpg