Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Server Maintenance over two days?

MAINTENANCE
Server Maintenance Notice (17/06/2020)
06/15/2020

Server maintenance will be performed for Gran Turismo Sport in the following dates and times.
Please note that during this time, you will not be able to use online features including Sport Mode.

[Day & Time]
June 17, 2020: 23:00 – 01:00 PDT
june 18, 2020: 06:00 – 08:00 UTC
* The above time is subject to change.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

I wish I could see if I’m only driver in my county or not. It says I’m the best, but that doesn’t mean as much to me if I’m also the only driver in my county.

That is good news, same sort of drop for the TT, and a smaller drop for the Scirocco, hopefully Gr.4 will be more balanced, no daily with it this week, so we might get one next week, have to get in early before everyone realises the FFs have been taken down a notch.
Don't know when the BOP updated, but the FFs are topping the Fuji TT.

Only an RCF, my Supra, two 458s a Huracan and a Viper are in the top 25. Everything else are FFs.

Don't know when the BOP updated, but the FFs are topping the Fuji TT.

Only an RCF, my Supra, two 458s a Huracan and a Viper are in the top 25. Everything else are FFs.

BOP update just happened this morning after the maintenance period ended.

Very nice. Hopefully the weight loss helps them with tire wear without being rocketships on the straights.
In my Manu race, the GT-Rs were fast. Towards the end, one caught me and almost passed at the final chicane exit(too much understeer on acceleration). The other GT-R won the race from pole. COuldn't catch my RC F on the straights, but it still looked good.

I guess there's no update this month? Eh, I suppose that makes sense, considering what Kaz said. C'est la vie!
Why do we need more updates? We've got cars, tracks, wet conditions, night time, online racing, F1, Super GT, GT3, GT4(car :lol::sly:), Super Formula, EVs, Kei cars, vintage race and road cars, JDM, GT Awards cars, muscle cars, pony cars, Sport sedans, fake as a boob job cars, concept cars, rally car(s), dirt tracks, snow(on Fuji :lol:). What more do you want? GT has it all! ;)

Why do we need more updates? We've got cars, tracks, wet conditions, night time, online racing, F1, Super GT, GT3, GT4(car :lol::sly:), Super Formula, EVs, Kei cars, vintage race and road cars, JDM, GT Awards cars, muscle cars, pony cars, Sport sedans, fake as a boob job cars, concept cars, rally car(s), dirt tracks, snow(on Fuji :lol:). What more do you want? GT has it all! ;)

It’d be nice if PD would apply some of these to sport mode in a more significant way than one makes and rare mixed one-offs.

Hi, I've just moved from AC to GT-Sport.
What cars are the most widely used for races online? I.e. which cars should I buy first?
If you do the driving school and missions you are rewarded with credits and cars. The most common cars online are the gr4 and gr 3 cars.
Which one you like is a matter of preference.
Right now the fastest gr4 car is the RZC, but tire wear is rough in long races.

If you do the driving school and missions you are rewarded with credits and cars. The most common cars online are the gr4 and gr 3 cars.
Which one you like is a matter of preference.
Right now the fastest gr4 car is the RZC, but tire wear is rough in long races.

I did this for the most part and have not done online races...I also don’t have a wheel ...it’s reminiscent of playing the old gt games for me which is cool. Plus after watching that 24 hours of virtual Le Mans ...gotta say if I invest in a wheel than its gotta be for a full sim rig ...here’s hoping gt7 has some kick ass VR gameplay so I buy a rig

I'd recommend trying to get gold on all the circuit experience tracks as you get a free car for each and about 8million credits in total and like Knievel just said above Gr.3 and Gr.4 are used the most

Some of the track experiences should be trivial to achieve gold since many of this guys here have been on these tracks on various sims for the last decade, maybe two decades.

I think I first raced Spa back in Geoff Crammond's F1 GP which I'm guessing is... 1995? Maybe earlier? Maybe two or three laps should bag it.

Some of the track experiences will kick your a$$... nurburgring being the foremost... enjoy getting better than 6'57" in a BMW land yacht M8....

Don’t mind that there aren’t any more updates ...my PS4 is lacking space ...I have to delete games for updates and so I’m glad the game is in some equilibrium for the moment

I wouldn't think the updates are finished just yet, we know there are still three cars potentially coming to Sport and there are still ongoing issues with the penalty system and online connection disconnects which may never get fixed and of course races itself as the old bug of where the cars spin about looking stupid at the start of a race still exists too.

The way I read PD and I am no expert but going by past observations I think we will see an update in August and perhaps October which gives us some final new content for Sport maybe fix a few issues and then they begin with the "wow" factor for 7!

I'm almost embarrassed at how long it took me to get gold on this one. But with the 24hr track being the Manu race this weekend and Nordschliefe being my weak part of the circuit, I finally buckled down and worked on it.

Finally!

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200705105358.jpg

Last edited:
Back