Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Only the first one isn't a finding, per say. Every marking from the original livery is gone. It warns you of this when you decide to paint it.
Except the picture was taken after the prompt was answered. Due to Twitter cropping being crappy in this context, I've posted the pictures again here.

Before painting (note checkered box in bottom right):
EcNQ0ucU8AAaJm1

After painting (note yellow box in bottom right):
EcNQ1u3VAAIDCOK

Curious.. I had uninstalled GTS over a year ago as we had moved and had a kid and I didnt have room for my wheel setup.

How many gigs (GBs) are needed for a fresh install with all updates? I have the launch disc.

I have my wheel setup again and been playing ACC but could use some other cars to drive. Trying to decide if I should install Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally 2 or Gran Turismo sport.

I dont have my shifter and handbrake setup .. so that is why I was leaning towards GTS over the other two, as I dont use them in GTS as I never liked the way the clutch feels in it.

My data speed is about 20mb/s download so wondering how many days it will take to get GTS running :lol:

Curious.. I had uninstalled GTS over a year ago as we had moved and had a kid and I didnt have room for my wheel setup.

How many gigs (GBs) are needed for a fresh install with all updates? I have the launch disc.

I have my wheel setup again and been playing ACC but could use some other cars to drive. Trying to decide if I should install Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally 2 or Gran Turismo sport.

I dont have my shifter and handbrake setup .. so that is why I was leaning towards GTS over the other two, as I dont use them in GTS as I never liked the way the clutch feels in it.

My data speed is about 20mb/s download so wondering how many days it will take to get GTS running :lol:

Total size for GTS install is now somewhere around 110gb to 120gb, you need double that space free because the PS4 copies the game IN FULL when it installs, i.e well over 200gb.

As for the combined download time/amount, I'm not sure but i wouldn't make any plans for the rest of July :lol:

THis has been a thing for Gran Turismo since GT5.

I have always found it a damning indictment of the state of the internet for the last decade when people in the west describe how long it takes to download Gran Turismo updates. I just left the console on and went about the few days it took to update GT Sport. The only way it worked for GT6 was to play it day one and hope it never goes bang.

My country spent $60 $70 bil on improving internet access for 25 mil. people and the speeds remained about the same lol... granted I would say some of this is Sony's fault. They just dont have the infrastructure Microsoft has. I now own a Switch and let me tell you, Nintendo doesnt have the infrastructure Sony has!

From my experiences, MS are the kings really, They have it down pat and you understand why. Steam and even Epic Games seems pretty on the ball.

I used to live in an area with great cable internet 100+ mb/s on a bad day..

But I wanted land and a house with safe areas for my kid to grow up and play so we have 20 mb/s down on a good day now.

I think I'll just go bolt up my shifter and hand brake as I noticed dirt rally 2.0 download some time ago and is installed already.

100+ GB.. Just seems a bit much for right now and likely will disrupt my motorsports streams this weekend.

It can wait until we go away for a weekend.

Thank you for the info

I used to live in an area with great cable internet 100+ mb/s on a bad day..

But I wanted land and a house with safe areas for my kid to grow up and play so we have 20 mb/s down on a good day now.

I think I'll just go bolt up my shifter and hand brake as I noticed dirt rally 2.0 download some time ago and is installed already.

100+ GB.. Just seems a bit much for right now and likely will disrupt my motorsports streams this weekend.

It can wait until we go away for a weekend.

Thank you for the info

Downloads also occur faster when the PS4 is in rest mode. That ensures that all the PS4 is worrying about is the download selected in the background and not trying to load PSN Store information, the "What's New?" tab, your friends list, messages, communities, etc.

I used to travel a lot and brought my console with me if I was staying somewhere for more than a week. When I lived in areas that had poor connections I would put the PS4 in rest mode and a 50+ GB download on a 10Mb/s connection would be done within a few hours. Enough time for a dinner and sight seeing :P

My rural UBIFI 4G LTE internet is faster than the speed tests report. I was able to get AC and GTS installed and updated in one night.

By the time GTS was finished I was too many drinks in to play it.. But at least its installed and updated when I get the urge.

Very likely bug fixes or how can we break GT Sport even more? :cheers:

I hope it's something more than that but follows all the usual mo for just bug fixes, hopefully August will see us have an actual update with new content again.

Honestly, I think the Lamborghini VGT would be a great fit for Gr.1, considering its general appearance and its power figure. I'd be nice for more manufacturers to have a Gr.1 car, between the VGTs, LMPs, Group C cars, and other machines. For example, DPIs could give a Gr.1 to Chevrolet and Cadillac. I'd especially like multiple Gr.1 options per automaker, just as we can already see this for Gr.4 and Gr.3. I could see Lamborghini getting two Gr.1 cars: the VGT, and the Group C-era Countach QVX.

That's before we get into how some automakers may only be able to get Gr.1 cars via older vehicles, such as the BMW V12 LMR, the Ferrari 333SP, or the Alfa Romeo SE048SP. But then there's the possibility of not just LMP1 cars but also LMP2, and that'd be good for giving Gr.1 cars for Alpine, Lotus, and MG. There's also the older GTP class, and the potentially upcoming LMDh class, which could have cars from McLaren and Lexus. And who knows where the late-90s GT1 cars could end up, like the Nissan R390 or the Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR.

Just a lot of potential to expand the "staple" classes, to be honest. I think having an anachronistic or otherwise unusual combination of cars racing at once is part of what gives GT its identity beyond other racing games that strictly adhere to more realistic fields of cars. That said, I'd also like to see more events that restrict the cars, such as a Gr.1 race that only permits the Group C cars.

I'd also love to see - and this would likely be in GT7 rather than GTS - more classes other than Gr.3 and Gr4 as part of the Manufacturers Series, such as Gr.2, Gr.1, and Gr.B. Maybe even some N-Series classes! I don't really know what could go into Gr.2 other than Super GT cars, but I'd bet at least modern DTM cars could fit in, giving Gr.2 representation to Aston Martin, BMW, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz. Possibly even Opel, too.

This, of course, is also before we get into the possibility of new made-for-game racers, like the 4C Gr.3, or the Genesis Coupe Gr.B. It's getting me excited for GT7 just thinking about it!

EDIT: I wonder what automakers would absolutely need a made-for-game car? I could see Suzuki getting some, and then maybe there could be quite a few for Gr.2, like a more modern take on an Alfa Romeo DTM car. Then there are some gaps that could be filled, like a Gr.3 car for both Alpine and Bugatti. Perhaps a Chiron Gr.3? Though I think the GT1-class EB110 could fit into Gr.3, just as the '95 McLaren F1 GTR did. But an Alpine A110 Gr.3 car could look really cool, too!

Meanwhile, I don't see PD creating original Gr.1 cars, but I think tons of ground could be covered between DPi, LMP2, VGTs, the future LMDh class, and others like the GTP class or the older DPs, as well as other Group C and LMP racers. Maybe even WSC cars could be added as to give Shelby and Ferrari Gr.1 cars, as well.

This is also before we get into other automakers that have either been absent from GT for a while, or could have further introduction into GT, just as we saw the introduction of DeTomaso in GTS. In that regard, I wonder if we could see the return of Venturi? Or maybe a more proper introduction of Iso - perhaps even alongside a Gr.3 Zagato VGT!

Last edited:
A few days ago, 1000 days passed since GT SPORT was released. (Regrettable that it's too late when I just noticed)

What were those 1000 days for you all?

A few days ago, 1000 days passed since GT SPORT was released. (Regrettable that it's too late when I just noticed)

I got it on release day, and tbh it's my least played GT game to date. I can go months without playing it. However, the game looks beautiful and the car sounds have greatly improved. It's a gorgeous looking game, but it gets boring quick for me. Never really use the Sport mode either.

*Think the way Kaz / PD handled GT Sport with all the updates was really well done. All the updates, and cars added in that we haven’t seen before in the GT series, thought it was pretty well handled. Glad they decided to expand on the Porsche license too, by adding in various Porsche cars. Love the menu design for the game too, the relaxing music in the menus & the scapes on the main menu when you load up the game look absolutely amazing. I feel like I’ll be nostalgic about GT Sport in years to come.

Each to our own & I’m really looking forward to GT7!

Last edited:

Those 1000 days were a journey to renewing my interest towards the series after the last game.

The updates, the online races I took part in, the liveries I did and photos taken, the custom races that I did, getting some wins (especially an FIA race win which was the best moment ever in my 1000 days in GTS), podiums, and good finishes, and the memories I have in meeting peeps in some online lobbies, those were enough to make me feel like my interest has been renewed because all it took was a GT game to go something new for a change and they did.

Safe to say this game will go down as one of my favorites because for once they changed things up.

I would say...interesting (For better and for worse).

Though Gran Turismo Sport was far from what I wanted from Gran Turismo on PS4, I still really loved it. I played a lot of other racing games and took over a year off from all of them until just recently when ACC launched.

I am back playing GTS again guessing I had last played in Dec 2018.. I still really enjoy it for what it is. There is something special about Gran Turismo that it has had since I first saw and played GT1 on my friends PS1 when it launched in the USA.

I am hoping that some day I can share it with my son, if he is interested in that kinda thing in 6 or so years when he is old enough. Maybe GT7 will be polished and something we can enjoy together. I was racing RC cars when I was like 7? so I figure he could start sim racing around then.

The only other games that had that kind of time and impact on my life are EQ1 and WoW.. and I regret a lot of that time spent on them, but never on GT.

Honestly, I think the Lamborghini VGT would be a great fit for Gr.1, considering its general appearance and its power figure. I'd be nice for more manufacturers to have a Gr.1 car, between the VGTs, LMPs, Group C cars, and other machines. For example, DPIs could give a Gr.1 to Chevrolet and Cadillac. I'd especially like multiple Gr.1 options per automaker, just as we can already see this for Gr.4 and Gr.3. I could see Lamborghini getting two Gr.1 cars: the VGT, and the Group C-era Countach QVX.
They could just... make Group C a class. Cars that historically raced together should race together, putting them in Gr. 1 against AWD modern hybrids with 3x the downforce is just weird.

And who knows where the late-90s GT1 cars could end up, like the Nissan R390 or the Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR.
By power:weight ratio and level of development, those GT1s belong in Gr.2, like the McLaren F1 GTR does. Putting it in Gr.3 required a ridiculous stretch of BoP and made it drive like crap.

I agree it'd be nice to have a more varied Manufacturer series than just Gr.3 and Gr.4.

Also the modern DTMs literally use the same rules as Super GT so they would be Gr.2 cars as well.

By power:weight ratio and level of development, those GT1s belong in Gr.2, like the McLaren F1 GTR does. Putting it in Gr.3 required a ridiculous stretch of BoP and made it drive like crap.
OK but consider this: the Aston Martin DBR9 got crushed by the Super GT cars when it was entered in 2008. The car was a good 3 seconds off the pace. GT1 cars may have a similar power to weight ratio to Super GT, but their speed is comparable to GT3 machinery because they don't produce the same level of downforce. The characteristics are different enough to warrant the existence of a GT1 class in GT7.

Though Gran Turismo Sport was far from what I wanted from Gran Turismo on PS4, I still really loved it. I played a lot of other racing games and took over a year off from all of them until just recently when ACC launched.

I am back playing GTS again guessing I had last played in Dec 2018.. I still really enjoy it for what it is. There is something special about Gran Turismo that it has had since I first saw and played GT1 on my friends PS1 when it launched in the USA.

I am hoping that some day I can share it with my son, if he is interested in that kinda thing in 6 or so years when he is old enough. Maybe GT7 will be polished and something we can enjoy together. I was racing RC cars when I was like 7? so I figure he could start sim racing around then.

The only other games that had that kind of time and impact on my life are EQ1 and WoW.. and I regret a lot of that time spent on them, but never on GT.

Same. I 100% got it for the VR...crushes me a bit but after playing a few of my own custom races I quite enjoy it l...the pro setting AI is actually decent imo

While this is PD as usual with strange decisions, I would like to physically show you why this:

mclaren_100679392_h.jpg

Has no chance against this:

029d47a43f46328827a9b016569c9987.jpg

I get its inclusion in GR.3 was itself awkward, but to have it in a class against cars that are even more extreme is even more questionable.

And of course I don't need to tell you how absolutely off the pace an actual DBR9 was compared to actual GT500 cars.

While this is PD as usual with strange decisions, I would like to physically show you why this:

View attachment 941380

Has no chance against this:

View attachment 941381

I get its inclusion in GR.3 was itself awkward, but to have it in a class against cars that are even more extreme is even more questionable.

And of course I don't need to tell you how absolutely off the pace an actual DBR9 was compared to actual GT500 cars.
Yes, the GTR in LeMans trim has a lot less downforce than a GT500 car. You know the F1 actually WON GT500 after having the engine detuned and with a much bigger wing and more closed off front end, right?

Yes, the GTR in LeMans trim has a lot less downforce than a GT500 car. You know the F1 actually WON GT500 after having the engine detuned and with a much bigger wing and more closed off front end, right?

Which is exactly my point on why THAT car cannot compete with the 2016 GT500 cars(Or 2008 for that matter). So basically, you for some reason want the 1995 Short tail (Basically a slightly modified Road car, in fact the Le Mans winner is literally a converted Road car) in a class of cars with far more extreme Aerodynamics and far removed from road cars based on the success of the long tail, (which is effectly a 1997 GT1 class car, which are way closer to prototypes). You seem to leave out how the JGTC cars were way closer to their road going counterparts as well at the time unlike now.

Last edited:
I'm not going to keep rehashing the same argument I've had here for as long as the F1 has been in the game. It belongs in Gr.2 because the BoP adjustments to fit it in 3 are stupidly large, the FIA routinely makes aero allowances/handicaps to keep cars balanced, Polyphony can do the same thing.

And that would somehow make even more sense then the nonsensical placement of cars they already do now?

Well, yes, placing cars based on power:weight ratio of the real car would actually make some sense.

Here's the laps I just did at Autopolis with no BOP, default setups and on the same tires:

20200716_230653.jpg

Still not seeing how that would be any better based on that result.

I'm rolling my eyes really hard, because the NSX and the F1 have extremely different amounts of downforce, which is down to where they're classed in the game.

Even if you cranked the limits of the F1 we get in the game to the max, the GT500 car will smash whatever lap you can achieve outside of maybe running at Le Mans (as the GT500 cars won't even reach 200 mph with the default setup).

As a point of reference in actual car racing. The 2016 (which is what most of the GT500 cars in the game are) pole at Suzuka for the SuperGT race was a 1:47.456. The pole for the GT1 class in 1998 (the height of the FIA GT1 championship) at Suzuka was a 1:52.580. I know a few corners where altered, but not to account for a 5 second improvement. And those GT1 cars would be seconds faster than any lap times any F1 variant would ever accomplish.

I'm rolling my eyes really hard, because the NSX and the F1 have extremely different amounts of downforce, which is down to where they're classed in the game.

Except:

Here's the laps I just did at Autopolis with no BOP, default setups and on the same tires

In-game specs for the Mclaren F1 GTR:

20200717_041343.jpg

Specs for the real car:

Screenshot_20200717-041418_Chrome.jpg

Weight is abit heavier for some reason but Horsepower is the same, which means yes it does come down to aero but not due to BOP. PD doesn't BOP aero, only Power and weight.

Last edited:
Back