Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Hey, y’all. I reached a new milestone today and wanted to share a story about my journey so far.

I hadn’t played a Gran Turismo game before, but downloaded the Beta of GT Sport and bought it at launch. I played regularly for a year and, though I enjoyed the game, my Sport mode races went poorly more often than not. I got frustrated with my lack of progress and deleted the game to make room for others. Got my race fix with F1 2019 for awhile and was pretty average.

After getting settled in to pandemic life, I realized I wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. So I decided if I was going nowhere, I better get there fast. I bought a T300RS and a Playseat Challenge at the end of April for my birthday on May 2nd. While I was waiting for the delivery, I re-downloaded GTS and proceeded to tank my DR to 1 point at Monza.

This led me to a Google search about how to not suck at this game and that search led me here. From here I went through @Tidgney ’s driving school and started using @Mistah_MCA ’s FIA guides as I joined my first Manu series with Honda.

Slowly, I got a better handle on throttle control, trail braking, and steering angles. I’ve enjoyed reading about y’all’s experiences and the extra tips and strategies shared each day. So many cool videos of racing action. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but y’all complain about the penalty system a lot! I also became a little obsessed with Kudos Prime after finding it here. It’ll be awhile before I make much progress with my K score, but I reached my goal of DR A today! Some of y’all do it easy, but for me it was a grind.

I’ve switched back over to the controller every now and then and do much better than before. So while the graph below is pretty clearly divided between DS4 and wheel time, I give more credit to the help I’ve gotten here. The wheel just helped focus. Sincere thanks to all and good luck out there. Next goal is A+!

upload_2020-7-20_20-20-50.png

I tried to recreate the moonwalk in GTS:lol:

GT Sport... was my love... :D

Hey, y’all. I reached a new milestone today and wanted to share a story about my journey so far.

I hadn’t played a Gran Turismo game before, but downloaded the Beta of GT Sport and bought it at launch. I played regularly for a year and, though I enjoyed the game, my Sport mode races went poorly more often than not. I got frustrated with my lack of progress and deleted the game to make room for others. Got my race fix with F1 2019 for awhile and was pretty average.

After getting settled in to pandemic life, I realized I wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. So I decided if I was going nowhere, I better get there fast. I bought a T300RS and a Playseat Challenge at the end of April for my birthday on May 2nd. While I was waiting for the delivery, I re-downloaded GTS and proceeded to tank my DR to 1 point at Monza.

This led me to a Google search about how to not suck at this game and that search led me here. From here I went through @Tidgney ’s driving school and started using @Mistah_MCA ’s FIA guides as I joined my first Manu series with Honda.

Slowly, I got a better handle on throttle control, trail braking, and steering angles. I’ve enjoyed reading about y’all’s experiences and the extra tips and strategies shared each day. So many cool videos of racing action. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but y’all complain about the penalty system a lot! I also became a little obsessed with Kudos Prime after finding it here. It’ll be awhile before I make much progress with my K score, but I reached my goal of DR A today! Some of y’all do it easy, but for me it was a grind.

I’ve switched back over to the controller every now and then and do much better than before. So while the graph below is pretty clearly divided between DS4 and wheel time, I give more credit to the help I’ve gotten here. The wheel just helped focus. Sincere thanks to all and good luck out there. Next goal is A+!

View attachment 942451

Congratulations :cheers:
Hard earned, well deserved 👍

Maybe eligibility is based on sign-in date? Or maybe a certain consecutive streak. Or maybe account creation date. I don't know.
I may not be eligible because I just switched to auto payment. This month. Before that I was buying those cards at stores with the code when they were on sale. Maybe saving the $10-20 on those cards has something to do with it?

I may not be eligible because I just switched to auto payment. This month. Before that I was buying those cards at stores with the code when they were on sale. Maybe saving the $10-20 on those cards has something to do with it?

Maybe. I don't know. I have always used the cards. Never entered my personal details. Same goes for Steam.

Last edited:
Agreed. I bought this game because I was told it had great support, I'm now finding out that it doesn't and it's PS3 era silence again.

Kinda obvious with this radio silence that they're hard at work on GT7, no?

What I wanna know, instead, is what they're going to do with the FIAGTC after the final round of the final stage today? With Covid-19 still around, is there any indication regarding whether or not the World Tour and World Final events are going to be back on?

Agreed. I bought this game because I was told it had great support, I'm now finding out that it doesn't and it's PS3 era silence again.

Like mentioned, it had great support for more than two years. Besides, Kaz told us back in January or February that 2020 would be modest in terms of new content. So the radio silence was more or less expected, and on top they announced GT7 to explain why.

What I wanna know, instead, is what they're going to do with the FIAGTC after the final round of the final stage today? With Covid-19 still around, is there any indication regarding whether or not the World Tour and World Final events are going to be back on?
We'd be lucky to see any World Tour event next year with all the border restrictions... International travel is going to be off the cards for a very long time I fear. At this point, only national events will be held.

You can assume they're working on GT7 because of the timeline until PS5, not because of the fact that PD are uncommunicative. The radio silence/lack of customer support is just the same lack of communication that PD has always had.

I only assumed so because I've gotten an Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2, Ford GT40 MkI, and a Ferrari Daytona GTB4.

Even with GT5/6 gift cars were always exclusive vehicles. Now I don't know if that's how it was coded or that's just my experience.

Last edited:
First year of playing, my gift was a Corvette Road car. Which is like 5000 Mileage Points. Meanwhile when Brooks wins for Canada I get 200,000 Mileage Points every time. Brooks likes me more than PD. :(:lol:

I recently started getting into ShareFactory. This is sort of a mock promo for a group I'm in, called TPC and the weekly Friday night races called Daily Races with Friends(or DRWF for short). The clips include vintage video footage I found at Archive.org. Fun stuff, ShareFactory. 👍

Last edited:
Fun findings.

Try take a SHARE screenshot of Gran Turismo Sport on any screen except the web browser and YouTube / Full Screen Videos. Notice anything?

RNFetchBlobTmp_2nbpdgyxhy1mtftu117uod.jpg

Other games just take a screenshot and just go with it.

GTSport actually adds watermark on below right part of the captured screenshot. AFAIK only GTSport that does this. Unfortunately because of Playstation uploading compression, the above screenshot doesn't look clear. But on Raw screenshot you can actually see it clearly.

Try it for yourself :cheers:

GTSport actually adds watermark on below right part of the captured screenshot. AFAIK only GTSport that does this. Unfortunately because of Playstation uploading compression, the above screenshot doesn't look clear. But on Raw screenshot you can actually see it clearly.

Try it for yourself :cheers:
Not just GTS. Some Square-Enix games do this as well, namely Kingdom Hearts III and FF7 (both the OG and the Remake). "copyright copyright character designer nomura blah blah blah." That sort of stuff. Still got screens on my PS4P when I played through them, btw.

Back