Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
PCars by far had the worst Controller setup of any racing game i ever played. And having all those options isnt good either because its everything but user friendly. When you have to google to setup the controller because its that complex isnt something good.

Yes, you dont have any options in Gran Turismo to setup the controller - but the point is that you dont need any, because it works perfectly by default!

Recently got a PS4 and pCars, been 6 days and haven't found a setup I like, also have DC and just love the pick up and play nature of it, not fiddling with settings all week. Hope GT stays as is, pick up and play right out the box.

Are you implying that the Gran Turismo Facebook page is run by genetically engineered human beings who have these vague responses directly embedded in their DNA?

Oh man, that really made me laugh!!
But i'm sick and laughing hurts so much...

Due to the fact that the sim-racing genre has evolved so much in the last 5 years, PD have to make the best GT ever in order to stand a chance against the toughest opposition ever seen. They cannot stuff up GT Sport; they need to get back in the game and bring the sales up to 10 million and re-affirm it's position at the top. It really is do die for Kaz and his crack team of developers.

Hmm, shouldn't it still have the verifed tick? I dunno it seems fishy to me, a couple of people suggest it might be down to someone else with no evidence to support it then hey presto, Sony are referencing other parties in a message the next day.

The verified ticks don't show in any of the messenging windows I can see (FB web page, and Messenger app), only on the Gran Turismo page itself. So it's a genuine message, unless that screencap has been totally photoshopped or something (which I doubt, as @GTPorsche said it's just seems to be a generic (or genetic :P) response that doesn't say much, no good reason to be faked really).

Yea at default settings. But i found a controller setup the day i got the game. It feels great to me.

Hm, even after editing the controller setup for about 30 times i couldnt get it to work perfectly (as GT6, or driveclub) for me.

My wife asked me the first week i played PCars what game this is where i constantly have to trigger settings instead of driving cars, why i always started a race for 30 seconds to quit it then to re- re- re- re- .... configure the controller setup :lol:

It's yet another genetic PR response. Think nothing of it.

A generic response would rather be something like ,,we cant tell you anything specific yet but you will get new infos about GTSport soon''. So to me that info seems honest and i am surprised to hear something that specific from PD (if that message is real at all)!

"a game mode"

Implying a few other modes inside the game ?

According to Jordan, yep.

GTPlanet can confirm that GT Sport will include three distinct game modes: “Campaign”, “Sports Mode”, and “Arcade Mode”. This nomenclature is an interesting departure from what we’ve seen in the most recent titles, suggesting the game will take a different route in its overall structure.

Due to the fact that the sim-racing genre has evolved so much in the last 5 years, PD have to make the best GT ever in order to stand a chance against the toughest opposition ever seen. They cannot stuff up GT Sport; they need to get back in the game and bring the sales up to 10 million and re-affirm it's position at the top. It really is do die for Kaz and his crack team of developers.
They are not going to sell 10 million copies of this between main GT release titles game anymore than they have before.

...They announced GT Sport at PGW...

True but it felt forced by Sony rather than PD being ready to start showing the game. The trailer show us some cars on the ring basically + VGTs we knew since forever. It's not even like they showing us 30 cars racing together - it's 5 so you don't even speculate on the grid size.

That trailer contains as little information as possible.

I think that after the next big reveal/trailer we will start getting the info more often.

True but it felt forced by Sony rather than PD being ready to start showing the game. The trailer show us some cars on the ring basically + VGTs we knew since forever. It's not even like they showing us 30 cars racing together - it's 5 so you don't even speculate on the grid size.

That trailer contains as little information as possible.

I think that after the next big reveal/trailer we will start getting the info more often.

The argument was that PD is moving away from gaming shows for announcements, and yet they just announced their latest project at a gaming show. It isn't really relevant how it "feels" or what's shown, an announcement is an announcement.

Last edited:

I kind of agree with you, but I also don't. I agree because PDI needs to make up from some missteps with GT5 and GT6, but even if they fall short in a few areas, I doubt those outside of forum users will complain to much.

Whatever comes our way, I am willing to bet that none of the current games (PC, FM6, AC) will come close to the sales of GTS. I believe Sony knows this.

I still want a Gran Turismo that does everything though.

Last edited:
I kind of agree with you, but I also don't. I agree because PDI needs to make up from some missteps with GT5 and GT6, but even if they fall short in a few areas, I doubt those outside of forum users will complain to much.

Whatever comes our way, I am willing to bet that none of the current games (PC, FM6, AC) will come close to the sales of GTS. I believe Sony knows this.

I agree with all this. There are some changes that are needed more than others and I don't mind waiting for small/unimportant features to be changed if it means getting the bigger features here first.

PCars, Forza and AC are all great in their own ways, and GTS/GT7 can prove to be a good mix of all of them and more superior. Especially if they can include some form of a livery editor (even in a small presence).

EDIT: Tho I do not see a livery editor of any kind coming until standards are completely gone.

I totally agree with this. GT fans always get into a hype frenzy around a first GT release on a new console, and those first releases of each gen sell extremely well. Hell, look at the sales figures of GT5: Prologue for proof of that. What was essentially a paid demo sold more than most other full racing games ever do at around 5.4 million units, more than any of the Forza games IIRC, which are great sellers themselves!

GTS being the first GT on a new system, and with GT fans having waited so long for even a taste of new gen GT, I'd be surprised if it doesn't sell more than 6 million units regardless of how good or bad it actually is.

The most critical people of the game will certainly be here, but the majority of buyers will be people who will buy it just because it's a GT game, and likely without any prior research of what it's about. I know people who are casual gamers who will do exactly that. Their only knowledge of the game will likely come from me lol.

It's called the Alpine Vision. Nice :D

Yes :)

CbV4HbxWwAAa_98.jpg:large

Due to the fact that the sim-racing genre has evolved so much in the last 5 years, PD have to make the best GT ever in order to stand a chance against the toughest opposition ever seen.
I periodically hear about this racing sim "evolution," and I'm at a loss as to what exactly people are talking about. Lots of cars and tracks? They've always tried to have that. Superb physics? Same. Now, if you guys mean console racer evolution, that I might understand. Whatever the case, I think the "evolution" Polyphony needs to do is broaden the focus of Gran Turismo to reflect Kazunori's experience on the track, something he has talked about attempting in GT5 and 6, and not quite made it. Like non-Horizon Forza is trying to do, be a fun racer and a sim at the same time, which F6 isn't too bad in that regard.

I'm hoping GT Sport is the first step in that direction, giving us a Gran Turismo racing sim alongside old school GT. That's the evolution I want to see.

As for "do or die time for GT," sure, people have only been saying that since GT4. ;)

Amen, bro.

Back