Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
It's funny how everyone criticizes prologues and GT5 and 6 being released unfinished, but everyone is at the edge of their seats for mere news about a beta of what's practically a prologue.

BTW, that prologue will only be truly completed after years of updates, and then the cycle repeats for the new game.

Last edited:
I'm guessing he wants info on whatever series he's going for in GT Sport.

I just don't know why he wants to push the discussion off to another thread though. Doesn't make sense to me.

They should make a GT SPORT mobile phone game, something like the Sony Xperia X Performance and iPhone 6S Plus probably have enough performance to make something better than GT6 graphically and with a lot better gameplay at a solid 60FPS at 1080p. Would be accessible to a lot more people then.

It's funny how everyone criticizes prologues and GT5 and 6 being released unfinished, but everyone is at the edge of their seats for mere news about a beta of what's practically a prologue.

BTW, that prologue will only be truly completed after years of updates, and then the cycle repeats for the new game.
I can't speak for anyone else, but not owning a PS4, I'm far from the edge of my seat. Closer to bored tbph.
I am anxious to see if PD will finally make a better game like in the past though.
At this point my next console purchase is probably going to come down to how GTS looks, or if it's even released yet. I'll combine that with word on GT7, if GTS is actually good and GT7 shows promise of arriving, I'll probably go the Sony route for the fourth time in a row.
But I'm not passing up 3 to 5 decent FM games for more PS3 era GT, and that seems to be the current route.

They should make a GT SPORT mobile phone game, something like the Sony Xperia X Performance and iPhone 6S Plus probably have enough performance to make something better than GT6 graphically and with a lot better gameplay at a solid 60FPS at 1080p.
Mobile devices may have gotten more powerful over the years, but they aren't that powerful.

At this point, pretty much everyone has exceptionally high hopes for GT Sport to revive the franchise. For me, it all depends on how GT Sport actually turns out... I'll wait for the reviews first to make my decision to stay with GT. Honestly, I'll be sad to go with Forza, so I do really hope GT Sport doesn't end up being a disappointment. It's like we need a miracle at this rate lol

i think the plan was to release the new GT together with the Sony VR and push the Sony VR with the game. but the last weeks we could read, that there are problems with VR on PS4 and VR release date would be much later than expected.

using the VR for racing make sense because there you dont need a 360° view for the pilot - max 180° is more than enough

i think the plan was to release the new GT together with the Sony VR and push the Sony VR with the game. but the last weeks we could read, that there are problems with VR on PS4 and VR release date would be much later than expected.

using the VR for racing make sense because there you dont need a 360° view for the pilot - max 180° is more than enough

Interesting. They keep touting dates like "early 2016", " the first half of 2016", and "Q1/Q2 2016" as the PS VR release date (to go back to the question of release dates yet again). What better way to pull people into PSVR than with a franchise that will sell by the bucketload (because it's GT), but also, will be completely free for PSVR early adopters because they can download the beta?

with a lot better gameplay

I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion. Racing sims are always a little bit of a faff on a controller, never mind a touchscreen, with absolutely no tactile feedback, so I can't see many people getting much joy out of it. Plus, people generally don't expect to pay more than £3 for mobile games, which probably means you would have to head down a highly monetised route for it. It's not a good idea at all, I think.

Except they wouldn't release it with a beta, they would release it with the full game which isn't due until the usual holiday period. So unless VR is pushed into 2017 they could very well still be on target for that.

Which topic is coming up next in the rotating wheel of "topics for discussion while we wait for info on the game"? We haven't had the "PS4 and GT Sport could do 4K if Sony enabled it" crowd for a while. That was always a good one.

Yes we all need 4k 120fps in GTSport because everyone has 4k displays nowdays

This is the thing that's got me excited. GT5 and 6 were great, but didn't keep me interested for long tbh...

VR with a new GT game on a new console though? ****yeah :drool:

Mobile devices may have gotten more powerful over the years, but they aren't that powerful.
They are that powerful. Will be actually interesting to see if the phones CPU can run better physics and AI than the one in PS4. Anyway would be good if someone released a game to show off power of latest phones. If Sony don't release mobile phone games though, hopefully they release a Vita successor when mobile platform gets a lot more powerful like in 2018.

I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion. Racing sims are always a little bit of a faff on a controller, never mind a touchscreen, with absolutely no tactile feedback, so I can't see many people getting much joy out of it. Plus, people generally don't expect to pay more than £3 for mobile games, which probably means you would have to head down a highly monetised route for it. It's not a good idea at all, I think.
iRacing works well with touch and tilt controls:

Better gameplay as in AI and physics. Also possible to pair controller potentially.

This is the thing that's got me excited. GT5 and 6 were great, but didn't keep me interested for long tbh...

VR with a new GT game on a new console though? ****yeah :drool:

somewhere i read that sony will announce a new releasedate for the VR on March 15th at a special media event on the Game Developers Conference

It never had an actual release date, just a target, so I'm not sure how it can get a "new release date".

I think by this he/she means just 'a' release date.

And, you know, GDC is pretty damn close. Big news soon methinks...

I think by this he/she means just 'a' release date.

And, you know, GDC is pretty damn close. Big news soon methinks...
Possibly, but then there's this previous post...

Which I'm guessing is based off the rumor from late February, but something without a release date can't be delayed, technically.

They are that powerful. Will be actually interesting to see if the phones CPU can run better physics and AI than the one in PS4.
Are you seriously saying that a Snapdragon 820 & Adreno 530 are more powerful than an AMD Jaguar CPU and a Radeon 7870? :lol:

I know that the PS4 isn't particularly powerful (the processor in particular), but it's not that weak.

Edit: My mistake, the GPU is apparently more like a 7850.

Last edited:
No, they aren't.

Some of the most powerful phones struggle to emulate PS2/Gamecube/Dreamcast games, so how on earth would they be able to create a mobile game that runs at 1080p/60fps while also being better than GT6 graphically?
The GPU is a lot more powerful than the PS3. CPU is probably quicker than the one in the PS4. Has a lot more RAM than PS3 too so really should be able to make a decent game that is comparable to PS4 version if they had desire to do that.
Are you seriously saying that a Snapdragon 820 & Adreno 530 are more powerful than an AMD Jaguar CPU and a Radeon 7870? :lol:

I know that the PS4 isn't particularly powerful (the processor in particular), but it's not that weak.
GPU is not as fast as PS4 but a lot more powerful than PS3. CPU though on some benchmarks it would annihilate the one in PS4.

The GPU is a lot more powerful than the PS3. CPU is probably quicker than the one in the PS4. Has a lot more RAM than PS3 too so really should be able to make a decent game that is comparable to PS4 version if they had desire to do that.

GPU is not as fast as PS4 but a lot more powerful than PS3. CPU though on some benchmarks it would annihilate the one in PS4.

Did you even read what I typed?

If the most powerful phones (i.e. Xperia Z5 Premium, Galaxy S6 Edge, etc) struggle to play 6th gen games properly (frame drops are prevalent), how can they handle a game with graphical capabilities that are above that of a PS3?

I have a friend who owns a Z5 Premium, and he has a Gamecube emulator on it. When using it, his phone gets stupidly hot, and the game drops frames very often.

If the most powerful phones (i.e. Xperia Z5 Premium, Galaxy S6 Edge, etc) struggle to play 6th gen games properly (frame drops are prevalent), how can they handle a game with graphical capabilities that are above that of a PS3?

I have a friend who owns a Z5 Premium, and he has a Gamecube emulator on it. When using it, his phone gets stupidly hot, and the game drops frames very often.

Yeah, that's the problem. On paper they can do amazing stuff, but in real-life, much less so.

[QUOTE="Saidur_Ali,.[/QUOTE]

You're a really good troll, i almost believed that you was talking serious, and that you think that a freaking phone are better to play a racing game, or any game than in a console.

Emulation takes a lot more power so strange comparison to make. I'm on about the latest phones. Should run cooler, take less power with a lot better performance.
Yeah, that's the problem. On paper they can do amazing stuff, but in real-life, much less so.
In reality they can do a lot too. Amazing how much things have progressed in recent years, now top phones will probably be faster than most people's computers.
You're a really good troll, i almost believed that you was talking serious, and that you think that a freaking phone are better to play a racing game, or any game than in a console.
I am being serious and would prefer playing on console personally. Just the whole 7-77 thing, would be interesting to see if they made a mobile game for more reach. Also could be very profitable if done right.

Back