Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
They should make a GT SPORT mobile phone game, something like the Sony Xperia X Performance and iPhone 6S Plus probably have enough performance to make something better than GT6 graphically and with a lot better gameplay at a solid 60FPS at 1080p. Would be accessible to a lot more people then.

Go and watch this video, then come back and say if you still want GT on mobile.

I loved GT PSP, the thing is that on the PSP you had buttons to press instead of just a touchscreen!

True - I've never minded touch controls myself but they're not for everone. A game like RR3 (which has pretty dull and unresponsive physics) is perfectly playable with a touchscreen though, so I have a feeling a touchscreen-GT would be too.

Go and watch this video, then come back and say if you still want GT on mobile.

Briefly looked at video, still would want GT on mobile. I think the old GTA games did well on mobile. Controller support like DS4 should be possible like they do for Remote Play. Not impossible to play with tilt or touch too.

Briefly looked at video, still would want GT on mobile. I think the old GTA games did well on mobile. Controller support like DS4 should be possible like they do for Remote Play. Not impossible to play with tilt or touch too.
Why do you continue with this? i know its nice to want things but... There is 0% chance that PD is gonna make a mobile gt game? the damn vita didn't get a gt game.

Edited .. for better wording

Last edited:
Why do you continue with this argument? There is 0% chance that PD is gonna make a mobile gt game? the damn vita didn't get a gt game.
It's not an argument, he stated what he wants to see, a mobile version of GT.
I think it sounds incredibly stupid, but it's not my position to tell him what to like.
People love getting addicted to simple phone games, I don't ask why.

I have more intrest in a 4k racing game than a racing game with PSVR.
Have you seen 4k? It's phenomenal.

I've seen 4K in stores but it's useless for me atleast, demo movies look excelent but real tv signal would look crap since it isn't full hd also they are veeeery expensive so I would raher invest in VR or triple HD monitors for sim racing

I've seen 4K in stores but it's useless for me atleast, demo movies look excelent but real tv signal would look crap since it isn't full hd also they are veeeery expensive so I would raher invest in VR or triple HD monitors for sim racing
You can purchase a nicely sized 4k tv for around 500 USD, or even less. You definitely cannot buy three comparable HD TV's for less. Furthermore, if GTS was (it won't) in 4k, the way standard definition television looks isn't quite relevant? Anyway it's a moot point, as it's very unlikely we'll see anything 4k on the current gen consoles.

P.S. I think SD TV looks terrible on a regular HD TV already. :)

GTSport on phone is pointless... Why? For a simulator like GT touch controls would make it impossible to play normally, so you would have to have DS4 for example meaning that you have ps4 so you would bassiacly be playing GTSport on a smaller screen WHY?? Phones that are powerful enough to run it would cost more than a ps4 (if they are even available right now), but you can probabbly solve that problem with downgrading the graphics. Also chances of pd making mobile GTS are none + they would spend time on making the mobile game instead of making real games. How much would that game cost? And who would even buy it? Elite with phones as powerful as PS4? Car x is enough to suit my phone gaming needs.

Only way this is happening is remote play but then again where do most people play games? For me it is mainly on public transportation an sometimes in class sooo I don't know who is gonna carry his DS4 on bus and school/work to play GTSport, just ridicolous... Especially when you have GTSport home on ps4.

That being said it would be cool for there to be some app that allows you to see your garage, replays, clubs, events etc.. or maybe even be connected to twitch with streaming of other peoples races so you could spectate.

Lets hope AMD stays afloat, that is the only way we'll be able to see chips powerful enough to do 4k at 60fps in next gen consoles (with advanced physical lighting), that would be amazing. I don't see that happening in an nVidia monopoly, especially since there is a very good chance that the next gen consoles will be on 14nm (assuming release in 2019).

Why do you continue with this? i know its nice to want things but... There is 0% chance that PD is gonna make a mobile gt game? the damn vita didn't get a gt game.

Edited .. for better wording
Didn't know Kaz had desire to make a mobile GT game until today so to me it seems quite plausible that PDI will make one someday. Vita doesn't have the power and connectivity like top phones have nowadays, much more interested in a GT game running on best mobile hardware as should be able to offer gameplay a decent step up from PS3. As the years pass, should get even more feasible.

Will be interesting if mobile gets more core games as power of hardware and efficiency has increased massively in recent years so I imagine it is getting more and more an attractive proposition to invest in. New iPhones sell really well too so get quite a big install base with powerful hardware quite quickly. There's no game really that showcases the potential of top mobile hardware so I think if something like GT comes out for it then it might be something that will do really well. People might just buy it to show off.

Last edited:
Lets hope AMD stays afloat, that is the only way we'll be able to see chips powerful enough to do 4k at 60fps in next gen consoles (with advanced physical lighting), that would be amazing. I don't see that happening in an nVidia monopoly, especially since there is a very good chance that the next gen consoles will be on 14nm (assuming release in 2019).

By the time new consoles arrive (ps5, xbox2 I guess) it woul already be possible I think

By definitions of size and space, a console 5x the size of a phone, has to be less than optimal for the phone to have equal power. Just saying, it's possible, but it would basically mean they intentionally made the console underpowered, or didn't put significant effort into making it as powerful as possible.

...I can see a GT game on a mobile phone happening.

...When Sony goes belly up and sells off their franchises.

Or maybe, when a Playstation Phone is launched. Oh wait.

Xperia-PLAY-Keyboard-Open-550x531.png

Well, there you go. GT on a mobile. {Just kidding}

...I can see a GT game on a mobile phone happening.

...When Sony goes belly up and sells off their franchises.

Or maybe, when a Playstation Phone is launched. Oh wait.

Xperia-PLAY-Keyboard-Open-550x531.png

Well, there you go. GT on a mobile. {Just kidding}
Xperia Play was much weaker than PS Vita, probably 10 times less powerful. Xperia X Performance is probably 11 times more powerful than Vita so potential for a very good gaming experience is there if utilised.

console - pc - phone does not care. Important is big screen or vr, good sound and force feedback wheel. Without one of this it is no real racing experience and only a game like all the others.

GTSport on phone is pointless... Why? For a simulator like GT touch controls would make it impossible to play normally, so you would have to have DS4 for example meaning that you have ps4 so you would bassiacly be playing GTSport on a smaller screen WHY??

Eh, GT is no iRacing - if GT can handle fine with that awful PSP analog nub, it can probably manage with a virtual stick/wheel too :D

Besides, attachable controllers for phones do exist if you really wanted that, so no it wouldn't be a case of bringing your DS4 onto the bus with you :P

That being said it would be cool for there to be some app that allows you to see your garage, replays, clubs, events etc.. or maybe even be connected to twitch with streaming of other peoples races so you could spectate.

A companion app would be excellent for GT Sport, as you list there's so many things you could offer with it. PD have already built a website which has a lot of those community features, and they've shown with the Course Maker they aren't afraid to export entire game features to an app........... a companion app for GT Sport doesn't seem impossible.

According to Cyril Drevet (the French journalist in this tweet ,something was supposed to happen in March but finally no.
In fact Poly is very late on its schedule and having the beta for this year would be already something good.

http://static.gameblog.fr/podcasts/...le_jeux_de_courses_volants_etat_des_lieux.mp3
(At 1:08:15)

EDIT : my bad, he doesn't say having the beta for this year would be already something good. BUT he thinks that gt sport won't be released in 2016.

Last edited:
When GT Sport was announced, Jim Ryan said this:

"Yeah, we're confident. There's nothing at this stage to suggest that he won't deliver on what was said. He's obviously been working on this for a while now, it's been a while since GT6 released, so we're confident."

I have nothing to say, really.

When GT Sport was announced, Jim Ryan said this:

"Yeah, we're confident. There's nothing at this stage to suggest that he won't deliver on what was said. He's obviously been working on this for a while now, it's been a while since GT6 released, so we're confident."

I have nothing to say, really.

Either their confidence is wrongly placed... or absolutely nobody knows what the other is doing. It's actually quite ridiculous. I don't think I've ever witnessed such repeated issues and delays in the gaming industry before.

Eh, GT is no iRacing - if GT can handle fine with that awful PSP analog nub, it can probably manage with a virtual stick/wheel too :D

Besides, attachable controllers for phones do exist if you really wanted that, so no it wouldn't be a case of bringing your DS4 onto the bus with you :P
iRacing is actually a game that is quite playable on low power hardware and has tilt and touch controls.
According to Cyril Drevet (the French journalist in this tweet ,something was supposed to happen in March but finally no.
In fact Poly is very late on its schedule and having the beta for this year would be already something good.

http://static.gameblog.fr/podcasts/...le_jeux_de_courses_volants_etat_des_lieux.mp3
(At 1:01:15)

Should have paid more attention in French lessons, haven't got the slightest idea of what they are saying. :lol:

Back