Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Aren't we happy at this point that PD chose to invest a lot of time in creating these rally tracks and ovals? It's not like we would need more tracks for variety in all these Sports-races.

Actually, I think the basis of the game is sound. Some things need tweaking, but overall it's good. It just lacks content. A lot.
Where is my Ford GT. I N E E D M Y F O R D G T

The livery uploader seems to be not working...
This service is not available yet.
We are currently making preparations to release the service to everyone. Please wait until the start of the service.

I disagree with the "faster drivers race cleaner" hypothesis.

I'm DR D (which is slow IMHO) and the racing at SR-A and SR-S is clean, with an acceptable amount of door banging for GT-car racing.

Faster drivers report better racing but it's hit and miss at the lower levels. The recipe for longevity is variety in content and broad overall design appeal, something this game lacks IMO.

Would like more cars and tracks, although still haven't unlocked all the cars I find interesting. Some of the VGT cars aren't bad looking at all although not sure how they perform. So far I've driven the SRT vision and the Honda one, both handle oddly and I don't like them. The BMW, Mitsubishi, Subura and Infiniti concept cars look cool and hope they have unique driving characteristics and not the rubber band feel of the SRT. The rest seem like filler cars and DLC should be real street cars and maybe some Gr.2 vehicles.

I disagree with the "faster drivers race cleaner" hypothesis.

I'm DR D (which is slow IMHO) and the racing at SR-A and SR-S is clean, with an acceptable amount of door banging for GT-car racing.
IME it's absolutely true. As a rule you have to have total control of your car to be truly fast so there's very little of the issues that arise from missing braking points, inexperience running side by side etc.

I only participate in the sport races sparingly. Depends mainly on track of the day and group. I prefer Gr.3, but won't race anything at a speedway. I like Gr.4 too and usually avoid the N class/one makes.

Bathurst is one of my favourite tracks and I was excited to see it today until I saw it was at night. I still put in my best effort in and qualified with a 2:21.8xx I think which I didn't think would be well enough for top 10 after looking at the top 10 (not that I'm ever near them, but just for comparison of what the best are putting up).

To my surprise I qualified 3rd and all the top 10 were within 1-2 seconds of each other, top 3 were within a tenth of each other. First place got off to a quick start and no one could catch him. 2-5 was tight for a while until 2nd and myself broke away. Had a good clean fight back and forth for about 5 laps until I got away from him near the end of the last lap.

What really surprised me was in the 7th or 8th lap when I was coming up on 14th about to lap them, they actually slowed down and moved to the side for both of us. I sent him a message thanking him afterwards as I'd never seen anyone actually having the sportsmanship to do so in that situation.

Can't say what happened in the middle of the pack, maybe it wasn't as clean. Qualifying top 5 definitely makes a difference. I don't think I've never finished higher than 4th whenever I've qualified below the top 5. I generally hold myself to a top 10 standard, I never want to finish outside the top 10 unless I've qualified outside that anyways, in which case I was either outclassed or put up poor qualifying.

IME it's absolutely true. As a rule you have to have total control of your car to be truly fast so there's very little of the issues that arise from missing braking points, inexperience running side by side etc.

I agree with this mostly. There are some DR "D" SR "S" guys who are pretty clean, but being a DR "D" driver myself, everytime I am in an accident I have caused, it is due to my skill level, not due to me trying to race dirty.

I say mostly agree because I have seen DR "A" drivers purposely use others as brakes going thru the corners on multiple occasions and I know they have the skill to avoid it.

Here's some small "fact" related to a certain Scape, it seems that the one's taken in Akihabara (dont ask me why, I just wanted a place full of billboard and signs) was taken around late 2015 or maybe very early 2016 at most.

1511048484668808999070.jpg

"2015 - 12 - 10"
"12 - 23"
I doubt anyone would care but I just find it to be interesting for me.

Last edited:
Here's some small "fact" related to a certain Scape, it seems that the one's taken in Akihabara (dont ask me why, I just wanted a place full of billboard and signs) was taken around late 2015 or maybe very early 2016 at most.

View attachment 692017

"2015 - 12 - 10"
"12 - 23"
Nice spot.

Horrible FIA car choice last night, I couldn’t master the Honda w/o TC in the time I had to practice to i had to settle for running with it on.

Definitely felt unclean to drive, and shout out to the guy who tried to knock me off track on the last lap then hurled abuse at me when he got a penalty....

Can someone please tell me why the grips lvls of my RSR are allot worse today with the daily races ass normal? Its gliding and alipping everywhere tcs 3 is normally fine now its breaking out allot with it on 3

Sometimes i dont get this game.....

Horrible FIA car choice last night, I couldn’t master the Honda w/o TC in the time I had to practice to i had to settle for running with it on.

Definitely felt unclean to drive, and shout out to the guy who tried to knock me off track on the last lap then hurled abuse at me when he got a penalty....

I'd say you ruffled his feathers when you divebomed up the inside and ran him off track. Don't condone his behaviour but don't come over all innocent.

View attachment 692017

"2015 - 12 - 10"
"12 - 23"
Expect up-to-date Scapes in a "future update". ;)

Sorry but couldn't help but mentioned the last part. hehe.

Anyone know why they got rid of in game voice chat?
I'm curious as well. I remember Voice Chat in GT6 wasn't the best thing and have limited number of input at a time.

But the GT sport lobbies and Sport mode seems to improved a lot over GT6, I finally able to join more 4 or 5 bar lobbies than ever before.

I'm curious as well. I remember Voice Chat in GT6 wasn't the best thing and have limited number of input at a time.

But the GT sport lobbies and Sport mode seems to improved a lot over GT6, I finally able to join more 4 or 5 bar lobbies than ever before.

You can use it by setting up a party with the players in your lobby. I used it twice but I’m waiting for me new headset to do it more frequently.

I wish they'd bump up the laps on some of the dailys, 2/3 of the them are always short races. I love the 10 lap races but the wait is always so long in between races.

With the amount of daily's we have now, I'd have one for short 4 lap races, one for medium sized 8-10 lap races and another for 15 laps and over with maybe one forced pit stop so you can undercut other cars.

Man Ring today was so awesome. Please keep ring frequently. Gap of an hour on ring is perfect. Did at least 6 races. Epic Epic Stuff.

Once you pass the circuit, the real thing begins. Sparks flying from the cars ahead in the fog, riding those corners while chasing the guy ahead.

Apart from one race which i rage quit, all drivers were pretty good. Very few mistakes. Fast, furious and beautiful racing.

Thank you PD. Ring in Fog looks Bonkers.

I'd say you ruffled his feathers when you divebomed up the inside and ran him off track. Don't condone his behaviour but don't come over all innocent.

If you watch it my man, you’ll see he made a mistake and went off, I went up the inside and he tried to block it and bounced off when returning to the track. I have seen many dive bombs in my time and what I did did not resemble one, opportunistic maybe, but would you rather I follow him off the track?

To add, he didn’t get ran off track either, the radar shows him drop speed and slot in behind, usually happens when you steer into someone

Today I focused on the One-Make event (Hyundai Genesis at Kyoto Miyabi), have done about 10 races or so:
  • My best time was a 46.6, which was only a few tenths off of Top 10.
  • I didn’t get a single Pole Position all day, as there would always be 1 or 2 that were ahead (usually drivers in the Top 10).
  • The racing was clean all the way, and the top drivers were matching their Qualifying pace within a few laps.
I’m currently a B/S, and I’m noticing that I’m getting paired up with quite a few A/S drivers. Although I’m not getting any Poles/Wins I can take this as a good sign, as I wouldn’t be getting matched up with tougher opponents if I wasn’t doing so well myself.

As a side note the Genesis is a fun car to drive; I like that it’s being used for successive Sport Mode events as I am getting more familiar with it every day.

Hopefully I get a few Pole Positions over the coming days, I want that Trophy ;)

Today I focused on the One-Make event (Hyundai Genesis at Kyoto Miyabi), have done about 10 races or so:
  • My best time was a 46.6, which was only a few tenths off of Top 10.
  • I didn’t get a single Pole Position all day, as there would always be 1 or 2 that were ahead (usually drivers in the Top 10).
  • The racing was clean all the way, and the top drivers were matching their Qualifying pace within a few laps.
I’m currently a B/S, and I’m noticing that I’m getting paired up with quite a few A/S drivers. Although I’m not getting any Poles/Wins I can take this as a good sign, as I wouldn’t be getting matched up with tougher opponents if I wasn’t doing so well myself.

As a side note the Genesis is a fun car to drive; I like that it’s being used for successive Sport Mode events as I am getting more familiar with it every day.

Hopefully I get a few Pole Positions over the coming days, I want that Trophy ;)
I've noticed that I was getting paired up with more and more A/S racers, some of whom were 4 or 5 seconds per lap quicker than me! I was a B/S, but have not been able to make much progress in races recently, do have just dropped to C/S.....

So I'll post it here, since the MODs randomly killed my thread.

I went from A to S while completely drunk and i didn't hit anybody. Point being, it wasn't that hard to move up the SR ranks while drunk, so I don't get why it's so hard for sober people to move up. Read the crowd, if you blow a corner work the outside line, and dial in the qualifying lap. and if you rage and revenge ram people, that's your fault

Back