Gran Turismo World Tour is happening

Hope to see all you guys there! Jordan will you be there? Also, anyone wanna show me around the Ring since it is quite large. Who’s down to race the go karts there?

CTRL + V From Gran Turismo Instagram:

European countries will be represented by the following racers in the GT World Tour event:
• Belgium: Nick Aerts
• Finland: Markus Kononen & Kimmo Kaisla
• France: Fabien Gaillard, Loris Garnier, Anthony Duval & Pierre Lenoir
• Germany: Michael Kasseckert, Patrick Weking, Kevin Richly & Tarek Buschmann
• Great Britain: Matthew Thomas, Martin Grady, Tom McPherson & Lewis Bentley (Reserve Driver - Edward Williams)
• Hungray: Patrik Blazan & Benjamin Bader
• Italy: Matteo Paolini, Cristian Nicotra & Vincenzo Mangano
• Luxemburg: Philippe Nicolay
• The Netherlands: Angelo Schut, Sander Derksen & Joost de Haas
• Poland: Kamil Karsky
• Portugal: Bruno De Sousa Ferreira
• Slovenia: Uros Rasic
• Spain: Francisco Jimenez, Adrian Mayor & Manuel Rodriguez Rincon

CTRL + V From Gran Turismo Instagram:

European countries will be represented by the following racers in the GT World Tour event:
• Belgium: Nick Aerts
• Finland: Markus Kononen & Kimmo Kaisla
• France: Fabien Gaillard, Loris Garnier, Anthony Duval & Pierre Lenoir
• Germany: Michael Kasseckert, Patrick Weking, Kevin Richly & Tarek Buschmann
• Great Britain: Matthew Thomas, Martin Grady, Tom McPherson & Lewis Bentley (Reserve Driver - Edward Williams)
• Hungray: Patrik Blazan & Benjamin Bader
• Italy: Matteo Paolini, Cristian Nicotra & Vincenzo Mangano
• Luxemburg: Philippe Nicolay
• The Netherlands: Angelo Schut, Sander Derksen & Joost de Haas
• Poland: Kamil Karsky
• Portugal: Bruno De Sousa Ferreira
• Slovenia: Uros Rasic
• Spain: Francisco Jimenez, Adrian Mayor & Manuel Rodriguez Rincon

Yes i'm on the list!!! looking forward meeting some of the best gt players in EU. After seeing the trailer i get even more excited about the whole thing. I'm ready for it. Bring it on

It's going to be my first ever live game event. I know they put us in a center parcs 25 minutes away from the Nurburgring.

What things should i definitly not forget to pack? any tips?

Last edited:
Yes i'm on the list!!! looking forward meeting some of the best gt players in EU. After seeing the trailer i get even more excited about the whole thing. I'm ready for it. Bring it on

It's going to be my first ever live game event. I know they put us in a center parcs 25 minutes away from the Nurburgring.

Congrats! I thought the event was going to be in the Ring? Race gear & the whole nine yard

Gonna be a good event for you guys going that’s for sure. Very jealous would like the chance to go to an event like this. Certainly looks like they are going to put on a good show.

Guess we will get an announcement on the full fia events too, at least something for the rest of us!

Hope to see all you guys there! Jordan will you be there? Also, anyone wanna show me around the Ring since it is quite large. Who’s down to race the go karts there?
I know the surroundings quite well and I will be there with my car, so I can show the guys who have never been at the 'Ring some cool places etc. if you want :)
Edit: If more people would want to race with the go karts, I would gladly participate as I always wanted to do it but it is more fun with a big group of people.

The only advice I can give you is to prepare for every kind of weather conditions. From sun with blue sky to massive rain etc.
Sunglasses, suncream, camping chair (for watching the 24h race), rainjacket, short clothes and warm clothes. Pack as much as possible so that you are prepared for all weather conditions. It really is true that the 'famous' Eifel weather can be unforeseeable and shouldn't be underestimated. That is a big factor why the 24h race can be so interesting. Last year for the last half hour it began to rain after 23 1/2 hours of sun and a dry racetrack and as you can imagine a lot of racing teams weren't really prepared for this scenario and the drivers who are used to the difficult rainy Eifel conditions on the Nordschleife had a clear advantage.

I know the surroundings quite well and I will be there with my car, so I can show the guys who have never been at the 'Ring some cool places etc. if you want :)
Edit: If more people would want to race with the go karts, I would gladly participate as I always wanted to do it but it is more fun with a big group of people.
Sounds great! I’m down for both. This will be my 2nd time there. 1st was less than 2 hrs visit. This time it’ll be 3.5 days worth of visit lol. Where should we all meet on Thursday?

The only advice I can give you is to prepare for every kind of weather conditions. From sun with blue sky to massive rain etc.
Sunglasses, suncream, camping chair (for watching the 24h race), rainjacket, short clothes and warm clothes. Pack as much as possible so that you are prepared for all weather conditions. It really is true that the 'famous' Eifel weather can be unforeseeable and shouldn't be underestimated. That is a big factor why the 24h race can be so interesting. Last year for the last half hour it began to rain after 23 1/2 hours of sun and a dry racetrack and as you can imagine a lot of racing teams weren't really prepared for this scenario and the drivers who are used to the difficult rainy Eifel conditions on the Nordschleife had a clear advantage.

Guess I’ll have to pack 2 luggages lol j/k

The one thing I will say about any live event for the gaming part at least for the first timers (Makes me sound like a veteran ha, but I guess I am in Gran Turismo terms), is enjoy it. In the end not everyone is going to win, and a live event is completely different to being at home. Practice at home, but don't go nuts doing 12 hour sessions as it won't be beneficial. Enjoy the event, speak to fellow racers and have fun! O and enjoy the bonus of the actual live race to :D! Looking forward to watching that to be honest!

Also side note, don't do dive bombs during the race that causes incidents, we're there to put on a show of epic racing, not show off destruction derby 3 :D!

Last edited:
What do you think, on which tracks will we race? Only Nürburgring GT / 24h?

If I was to predict anything in here GT might change it so who knows if I'm right or wrong haha! But If I was to guess anything... Nations any of the following;

- Nurb GP
- Suzuka
- Interlagos
- Monza
- Dragontrail (Brought lots of action in Canada with some accidents)
- Possibly a new track not currently in GT

In reality nations could be anything, but I think it'll be sprint races and the majority will be real world tracks I imagine. If I was to guess round make up, I'd guess 6 in each race go through to the final (Out of 15) and then also a last chance qualifier for top 3 to make final (On Nations finals day).

Manufacturers cup;

2.4 hours of Nurburgring including driver change

All pure guesswork so who knows :).

Congratulations to all those who have been selected for this. It's a shame that i am the only one from my Team again who hasn't been selected for this despite of trying to give it my best on the TT's and on the races though. I also had 70,9k when they invited me and from what i know so far is that i had the 6th best DR/SR stats in germany so i am quite unlucky there...
Anyway i will be back when the official season starts... :D

Back