- 1,481
- Tetradic
heymoacourse its a game and you drive faster than you would in real life! does anyone have the videos of the yellow RUF Porsche lapping the ring flat out, would be a good comparison.
The RUF, the "yellowbird" CTR in the hands in Stefan Roser in the videos you are mentioning doesn't get any "air" off of the hill crests on the 'Ring. Not that it couldn't, but the car is already unstable (old porsches) that Mr. Roser intentionally lifts and brakes to keep the car grounded. In GT4 if you take those same crests flat out in the CTR you will be in the wall quickly.
I've been driving alot of "stock" cars around the ring. Most of them will get some air over 2 or 3 crests (and curb) if taken flat out. I bet they would in real life too but you have one major factor. Fear. Most wouldn't push a car flat out over these crests because the result wouldn't be nice. In fact I don't have any real life on board footage where the drivers, in race or street cars don]t lift in the 4 or 5 hill crests where the car could be airborn.
If you hit the Karousell kurve correctly on entry you can lauch any car over the outside wall into the woods. That is as true in real life as in GT4, though in GT4 you hit the magical virtual clear 'wall" to keep you in the modeled area of the circuit.
Watch a race car take the curve under the bridge off of the main straight at the end, where it plunges downhill, and you'll see a prime example of why the ring is so challenging. You need to be aware of so much while driving it.
I know the nordschleife in GT4 like the back of my hand. I probably have 1000+ laps on it in many cars. I've never been to it in real life but it is on my agenda now. I'd love to take a Porsche around the ring. It may happen next summer as the wife and I was kinda planning a trip to Germany.