GT Auto: Maintenance, Servicing, Repairs, Facilities etc...

• Thread starter ak101
  • 81 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT Auto (New)

Motor oil & Filter
Sparkplugs & Ignition Leads
Mechanical Rebuilds
Car Wash and Polish Facility
Dyno/Rolling Road
Aero Parts
Wind Tunnel

Last edited:
Oil filters and filteration come in various forms too. Oil additives improve lubrication and chemical breakdown.
And what difference does all of that make to a virtual car?

In my opinion, that would use space I'd rather they spent on core development such as: Cars, Tracks, Events, GENERAL customization, etc. As said before, it makes no difference in a virtual engine unless a VERY complex algorithm is applied to the oil change system. Already, I think they spent too much time adding an animation of some dude in khakis rolling under the car. Details cost space; space which could be used for more important mechanics. Pardon the pun.

Maybe if you buy valvoline oil you unlock the valvoline logo for the livery editor. That could work

they also should simulate ownership tax, traffic jams and manually replacing tires after punctures

And what difference does all of that make to a virtual car?

Does changing the engine oil make a difference to the virtual car?
Expanding GT Auto/Parts shop would make GT6 more interesting, as a fact
GT5 is lacking in this department.

they also should simulate ownership tax, traffic jams and manually replacing tires after punctures

Since we have dynamic weather and rain/snow, that means we should have to replace our windshield wipers too.

When you take a car in for an oil change at GT Auto, the mechanics should come up to you with a list of other work they recommend you do. Transmission fluid flush, coolant system flush, blinker fluid flush, power steering fluid replacement and oh, your air filter is dirty. It'll only be 6000cr to take care of that, and we can have it done for you in six hours.

Insurance agent: "Hello, Triple A[AAA insurance]. How can I help you?"
GT driver: "Yeah, I'm stuck at turn 14 of Nurburgring. I need a tech to come change my tire."
Insurance agent:"Ok, sir. I cannot pronounce the name of that turn could you tell me visually what you see around you?"
GT driver: " Uh, ok. I see green. Green Hell."

Insurance agent: "Hello, Triple A[AAA insurance]. How can I help you?"
GT driver: "Yeah, I'm stuck at turn 14 of Nurburgring. I need a tech to come change my tire."
Insurance agent:"Ok, sir. I cannot pronounce the name of that turn could you tell me visually what you see around you?"
GT driver: " Uh, ok. I see green. Green Hell."

More like "We don't cover incidents at the Nurburgring." lol

Does changing the engine oil make a difference to the virtual car?
Expanding GT Auto/Parts shop would make GT6 more interesting, as a fact
GT5 is lacking in this department.
You've missed my point.

The changing on the oil in GT is there mainly as an indication that there are things you need to do to your real car to keep it running smoothly as a way of teaching kids about cars. The power gains achieved by changing the oil is GT's way of rewarding you for doing this. Power gains through oil is negligible, if you get any gain at all.

Oil filters and filteration come in various forms too. Oil additives improve lubrication and chemical breakdown.
All they do is keep a real engine running smoothly and reduce wear and tear, and have no benefit to a virtual engine.

All they do is keep a real engine running smoothly and reduce wear and tear, and have no benefit to a virtual engine.

Keeping up with oil changes in GT6 should increase the interval between engine rebuilds and perhaps reduce the possibility of random mechanical failures

Breathalyzer before playing. Le mans start. Your fiance chooses which car to get. Getting a license suspension. Gas stations. Exchange insurance information after a crash.

Last edited:
All they do is keep a real engine running smoothly and reduce wear and tear, and have no benefit to a virtual engine.[/QUOTE]

How does the power limiter effect a real car?

Restrictor plates just make the intake openings smaller. Smaller intakes mean less air into the engine, with less fuel needed. Therefore, you get less power.

I use Fuchs XTR, but I fail to see the relevance.

Different types of oil, and additives, will make no difference to the performance of a virtual car.

Different types of oil, and additives, will make no difference to the performance of a virtual car.

It already makes a difference to every virtual car in the GT games!

Do you change the oil filter?

Do you change the oil filter?

There aren't different types in the GT series. Isn't that why you made the thread? One type has been fine, and were different types to be modeled, the significance wouldn't be great enough to really merit the work that went into it.

It's also a fair assumption that when the oil is changed, the oil filter would be as well...again, if that sort of thing was modeled, which, thankfully, it is not. There are more significant things to work on for this game.

Your point was that there should be different types of oil.

The oil change as it is makes a difference to the cars in the game.

Using different types of oil would make absolutely no difference to the cars in the game.

Everything* that is in GT helps a car go faster.
More power = faster car
Less weight = faster car
Better tyres = faster car
Better suspension = faster car
More downforce = faster car

Changing the oil if it is old, gets you more power which in turn gets you a faster car. Changing the type of oil from one to another does nothing as it gets you no more power, and therefore no more speed. Having different types of oil is therefore irrelevant and completely unnecessary.

* The power limiter is there to make a car fit under a PP limit if it has just sneaked above it. Ballast is there for the above reason and also to give a car better weight distribution in order to make it handle better.

I understand you OP, you want the oil to have different characteristics. Maybe running synthetic would require less frequent oil changes. Maybe different brands of oil filters. IDK how the brand licensing works but it sounds like a hassle just for something trivial like oil. I would rather see this type of effort on tires and performance tuning parts.

Your point was that there should be different types of oil.

The oil change as it is makes a difference to the cars in the game.

Using different types of oil would make absolutely no difference to the cars in the game.

Everything* that is in GT helps a car go faster.
More power = faster car
Less weight = faster car
Better tyres = faster car
Better suspension = faster car
More downforce = faster car

Changing the oil if it is old, gets you more power which in turn gets you a faster car. Changing the type of oil from one to another does nothing as it gets you no more power, and therefore no more speed. Having different types of oil is therefore irrelevant and completely unnecessary.

* The power limiter is there to make a car fit under a PP limit if it has just sneaked above it. Ballast is there for the above reason and also to give a car better weight distribution in order to make it handle better.

Would you add cheap or any motor oil to a heavily tuned car?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back