GT Auto: Maintenance, Servicing, Repairs, Facilities etc...

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by ak101, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExigeEvan

ExigeEvan Premium

It's a really silly point.

The same could be applied to any part of the game and it's parts.

2. ak101

ak101

How?

3. HOODFIELD

HOODFIELD Premium

But they couldn't label different oil brands as "cheap" or else what sponsor would want their brand in the game? There isn't any hard evidence that "Brand X" oil brand is better than "Brand Y" and PD doesn't have authority to determine that anyway. They would have to make all oil characteristics equal to appease the sponsor's and by that time it stop making sense to do anything in the first place.

4. ExigeEvan

ExigeEvan Premium

Everything from tyres, suspension components, going to the right garage, having the right guy clean your car etc.

It's pointless variables in a computer game.

5. ak101

ak101

Can you put any type of engine oil in a car?

6. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

Fuel - what octane of fuel to use. What kind of brake fluid, what kind of gearbox oil, what sort of brake pads to use, what ratio of coolant to water do you have in your radiator, tyre pressures, etc, etc.

All these things can make a difference IRL, but would make a negligible difference when modeled in a computer game.

For stuff like this you've got to presume it's a given that certain technical aspects of a car are just going to be 'as advised by the manufacturer'.

7. HOODFIELD

HOODFIELD Premium

Yes any brand, but not any grade, but like I said the grades would have to be equal amongst the sponsors so what would be the point?

8. ak101

ak101

I believe all those aspects will be implemented to game, maybe on the next generation sytems. This will expand into future games. Those actions may be required as those in reality. Games are trying to get much closer to real time technical activities. If PD is not going to do it someone else will.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  9. ak101

ak101

You would put in any brand, like?

10. HOODFIELD

HOODFIELD Premium

Like Castrol, Shell, Duckhams etc. 10W-40 is all exactly the same.

11. ak101

ak101

These are top of the range motor oils. Would you use a supermarket branded oil in a high performance engine?

12. Samus

Samus

You have got to be kidding.

13. ak101

ak101

Has Top gear 2 on the SNES evolved into some of the present time games such GT5 and Forza?

14. HOODFIELD

HOODFIELD Premium

Why would they include supermarket brand oil into this game? I would assume if they were to do this they would only seek sponsorship from name brand companies. How much difference credit wise would it stop me from using the high-end oil ever single time? It's too minuscule of a detail.

15. ak101

ak101

Forget the game for a moment. Would you in real life?

16. HOODFIELD

HOODFIELD Premium

The topic is GT6, what I would do IRL has no relevance.

17. ak101

ak101

Is it a yes?

18. HOODFIELD

HOODFIELD Premium

How many GT players would put supermarket branded oil into a virtual car when performance oil is available for a minuscule credit difference. Am I going to reach a point in the game where I have to decided if I want the 200 credit oil change or the 300 credit? Do you see my point? Nobody would even use the supermarket oil, so why bother adding it to the game?

19. ak101

ak101

Getting back the topic when did I mention adding supermarket oil to the game?

20. HOODFIELD

HOODFIELD Premium

:rolleyes:

21. ak101

ak101

There you go. :)

22. HOODFIELD

HOODFIELD Premium

23. ak101

ak101

24. whereSTheFUhd

whereSTheFUhd

Dear gawd, this is just painful.

25. Spagetti69

Spagetti69 Premium

To carry on your real life topic over their.

26. ak101

ak101

Thanks but never meant to offend :)

27. Baron Blitz Red

Baron Blitz Red

I would also say no as it would take real money and time to obtain licensing rights/agreements from the different companies. Better to use those resources for something more worthwhile... like different cars to drive in the real driving simulator.

Have a good one

28. USARMYCOMBATVET

USARMYCOMBATVET

29. avens

avens

Going to the shop to buy oil. Manually checking levels and warming up cars on-track. Passing the vehicle inspection before the first usage and every year. Driving restrictions on cars without a catalytic converter. Interior cleaning mini game.

30. ak101

ak101

This tread has turned some upside down. A new fresh idea that sounds like a stranger can improve and enrich GT Auto. If motor oil is the same, why many variations like Castrol GTX, Castrol Magnatec and Castrol Edge? Same applies to filteration such as element, cartridge and magnectic oil filters. Knowingly you can't put regular 10W-40 oil in a Ferrrari V8 engine can you?. Using high performance oils and filters in GT6 can effect and benifit the cars like power stability, prologing engine life, oil staying in prime condition for longer, fuel economy for long (endurance) races, longer interval changes and reducing engine rebuilds. Animation isn't important, simply using the same method as purchasing and installing parts in GT5 with a revised menu system of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.