GT Auto: Maintenance, Servicing, Repairs, Facilities etc...

• Thread starter ak101
  • 81 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to the shop to buy oil. Manually checking levels and warming up cars on-track. Passing the vehicle inspection before the first usage and every year. Driving restrictions on cars without a catalytic converter. Interior cleaning mini game.

That deserves a thread seriously :sly:

Point is it makes the game unnecessarily more complex while adding no fun or insight element into it.

That's one of the reasons why I think car wear should be removed (so oil change, chassis and engine restoration are snatched), others being GT auto is the worst menu conceived by mankind and deterioration makes it difficult to race under similar conditions or try cars at their best form.

The game would be more realistic if there were speed limits on Toscana tarmac and crashes made cars permanently unusable, but who wants those.

Last edited:
Point is it makes the game unnecessarily more complex while adding no fun or insight element into it.

That's one of the reasons why I think car wear should be removed (so oil change, chassis and engine restoration are snatched), others being GT auto is the worst menu conceived by mankind and racing under similar conditions.

I agree on GT auto being one of the worst menu's in recent gaming, that's why this tread is about making improvements on GT Auto.

Why would I want to look through 20 different oils that do basically the same thing? That's ridiculous. More power? Better fuel economy? Yeah by probably on or two HP/MPG. Having to look through multiple oil that do basically the sane thing would make GTAuto way more annoying than it already is.

I agree on GT auto being one of the worst menu's in recent gaming, that's why this tread is about making improvements on GT Auto.

I always edit posts a little.

My idea is to remove GT auto entirely. Paint shop and the rest go into the tuning submenu (one not two), oil change and the other 2 are simply out of the game.

lol autoquote
A great example is online racing. Lets say there's a fgt oval race in a couple of minutes, but that car needs an engine restoration to compete under the same conditions, which is something that happens almost always. That means first selecting the car (which is badly implemented itself), then leave the game (lobby), wait 2 hours of loading times, GT auto, wait 5 more, restore, go back to the main menu, online racing and somehow find the same lobby again just to realize race started.

Imagine being able to completely tune and paint cars in-game. Or even better, replacing the current offline system (3 minutes to change one car and track) with the online one, in which all is done in-game exception being GT auto.

I remember watching a live stream with the very first "street fighter 3 third strike online edition" (longest name ever) demonstration. The crowd (almost) went nuts when they showed that in the in-game pause menu there were pictures of each character, hinting it was now possible to change characters immediately without going through the same menus over and over, but it was just a glorified special moves menu.

Last edited:
Features I would like to see in GT6's GT Auto

• Body & Chassis Restoration (damage fix)
  • Brake Pad & Rotor change
  • Car Wash
  • Clutch change
  • Engine Rebuild
  • Oil & Filter Change
  • Transmission rebuild
  • Wheel Alignment

Some may see this as extreme but I think it would give a better sense of ownership if you have to maintain your cars to this degree

Features I would like to see in GT6's GT Auto

• Body & Chassis Restoration (damage fix)
  • Brake Pad & Rotor change
  • Car Wash
  • Clutch change
  • Engine Rebuild
  • Oil & Filter Change
  • Transmission rebuild
  • Wheel Alignment

Some may see this as extreme but I think it would give a better sense of ownership if you have to maintain your cars to this degree

Spot on 👍

The problem with different oils, if it is cheap enough, people will always buy the best oil. Lets say the base oil is 50cr, and the mid performance is 100cr, and the top being 150cr. Since it's only 100cr more than base to get high performance, who would waste their money on base, or mid? They should make it so different cars require different oils. A Fiat 500 would be the base 50cr, and an Audi R8 Prototype would be the high performance oil.

If that's the case lets add mine, Vquick's and others. All are GT auto material.

• Ownership tax
  • Traffic jams
  • Manually replacing tires after punctures
  • Replace our windshield wipers
  • When you take a car in for an oil change at GT Auto, the mechanics should come up to you with a list of other work they recommend you do. Transmission fluid flush, coolant system flush, blinker fluid flush, power steering fluid replacement and oh, your air filter is dirty. It'll only be 6000cr to take care of that, and we can have it done for you in six hours.
  • Insurance agents
  • Breathalyzer before playing
  • Le mans start
  • Your fiance chooses which car to get, not you
  • Getting a license suspension
  • Gas stations
  • Exchange insurance information after a crash
  • Speeding tickets
  • Search cars for months (trim levels, colors and all that)
  • Salvage & rebuilt titles
  • Mechanic's liens
  • Property taxes on land for your garage
  • Choosing and hiring mechanics. Inspect tires and suspension condition. More than one garage and multiple GTauto shops. Repleted garage space.
  • Going to the shop to buy oil
  • Manually checking fluid levels. For example windshield wipers won't work properly without its fluid.
  • Idle warming up cars on-track
  • Passing the vehicle inspection before the first usage and every year
  • Driving restrictions on cars without a catalytic converter
  • Interior cleaning mini game
  • Speed limits
  • Crashes make cars permanently unusable
    ----------------------------
  • Tamagotchi-like GT. Don't take care of your car = it dies. Related to changing oil.
  • Cars can get robbed. Hire security.
    ----------------------------
  • Install full beam lights, Harnesses, new pedals, seats, radios and gps, strobe lights
  • Position mufflers
  • License plate editor
  • Fix oil leaks and rust
  • Crash tests
  • Build a car from scratch (Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust)

Last edited:
Imagine being able to completely tune and paint cars in-game. Or even better, replacing the current offline system (3 minutes to change one car and track) with the online one, in which all is done in-game exception being GT auto.

I think you worry too much about being at any disadvantage. In Formula 1 not everyone races on a fresh engine, but some do. Racing in general is made up of cars on different parts. Dan Wheldon won his last Indy 500 with a car that was 5 years old. Richer teams can afford to rebuild their engines more often, smaller teams have to run longer on the same parts.

In real racing hardly anybody has equal equipment at any time.

The point of GT Life is to give the feeling of car ownership, which includes maintenance, and which can be expanded upon. If you remove oil change, car wash, engine rebuild, and other things like that suddenly theres no pointing in owning cars. Gran Turismo should be like PC sims and have every car available from the start, all of them identical, all of them with no mileage or the ability to gain mileage. No oil change, just lifeless copies.

This means no garage. Enter a race and choose from a list of cars all with identical specs and in identical condition, like Arcade mode.

Sounds kind of boring to me.

If that's the case lets add mine, Vquick's and others. All are GT auto material.

• Ownership tax
  • Traffic jams
  • Manually replacing tires after punctures
  • Replace our windshield wipers
  • When you take a car in for an oil change at GT Auto, the mechanics should come up to you with a list of other work they recommend you do. Transmission fluid flush, coolant system flush, blinker fluid flush, power steering fluid replacement and oh, your air filter is dirty. It'll only be 6000cr to take care of that, and we can have it done for you in six hours.
  • Insurance agents
  • Breathalyzer before playing
  • Le mans start
  • Your fiance chooses which car to get, not you
  • Getting a license suspension
  • Gas stations
  • Exchange insurance information after a crash
  • Speeding tickets
  • Search cars for months (trim levels, colors and all that)
  • Salvage & rebuilt titles
  • Mechanic's liens
  • Property taxes on land for your garage
  • Choosing and hiring mechanics. Inspect tires and suspension condition. More than one garage and multiple GTauto shops. Repleted garage space.
  • Going to the shop to buy oil
  • Manually checking levels and warming up cars on-track
  • Passing the vehicle inspection before the first usage and every year
  • Driving restrictions on cars without a catalytic converter
  • Interior cleaning mini game.

Problem is none of these affect the performance of the car so aren't really needed.

I think you worry too much about being at any disadvantage. In Formula 1 not everyone races on a fresh engine, but some do. Racing in general is made up of cars on different parts. Dan Wheldon won his last Indy 500 with a car that was 5 years old. Richer teams can afford to rebuild their engines more often, smaller teams have to run longer on the same parts.

In real racing hardly anybody has equal equipment at any time.

The point of GT Life is to give the feeling of car ownership, which includes maintenance, and which can be expanded upon. If you remove oil change, car wash, engine rebuild, and other things like that suddenly theres no pointing in owning cars. Gran Turismo should be like PC sims and have every car available from the start, all of them identical, all of them with no mileage or the ability to gain mileage. No oil change, just lifeless copies.

This means no garage. Enter a race and choose from a list of cars all with identical specs and in identical condition, like Arcade mode.

Sounds kind of boring to me.

Problem is none of these affect the performance of the car so aren't really needed.

Not even proper simulators....simulate all that. They understand it's a game after all, no matter how realistic or expensive it is, so almost all "anti-fun" elements of car ownership and racing are not included.

Moreover, the GT series has never been one and that's not what PD wants it to be (or should). They aim at it being accessible while at the same time providing a good experience for "hardcore" guys at the same time. That's a "simcade", but somehow you want it to be more hardcore and unnecessarily complex than all "sims" combined.

And my silly suggestions are all GT auto material and make the game more realistic. Point is they are as silly as having several oil types, or having to change it in first place or all what you listed recently, which could be 100x more in quantity and 10x more drastic if you want a true sense of ownership.

edit: The "Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Cars and Tracks" thread is pure gold. Lots of awful ideas.

Last edited:
ak101
Maybe not to you.

Don't think bumping threads is a good idea, but let's run with this for a bit.

Which spark plugs are better NGK or Champion?

Which HT leads are the best?

What do I do I my car is misfiring?

If I change the leads and it's not that do I get a refund?

Do I have to change my plugs or can I sandblast and re-gap them?

What about more modern cars with engine management systems, can I alter them too?. (Voids warrenty BTW.

Do bulbs expire?

Do random faults occur.

Don't think bumping threads is a good idea, but let's run with this for a bit.

Which spark plugs are better NGK or Champion?

Which HT leads are the best?

What do I do I my car is misfiring?

If I change the leads and it's not that do I get a refund?

Do I have to change my plugs or can I sandblast and re-gap them?

What about more modern cars with engine management systems, can I alter them too?. (Voids warrenty BTW.

Do bulbs expire?

Do random faults occur.

keeping yourself busy? :sly:

Locking this as you can't just change the topic of a thread half way through. The first half of the thread now makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back