GT Sport's Next Game Update Arrives January 29

• Thread starter Keith2324
  • 464 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now when i think about It, its not strange that we didin’t get new content, maybe the release an update around or a but after the Sydney event
That is very possible, but is a long time to wait.

We shouldn't criticize PD for not bringing updates at this point. PD did great in bringing content updates in a game was too short upon release. They now should move on and focus on whatever project they are working on for PS5 and make it in a better shape on release unlike GTS. They built great basis to go forward with, but it isn't a good investment to keep upgrading GTS knowing that PS4's days are numbered, and it's getting annoying with the copying time once an update is released.

Might be annoying for you to get regular updates but when you give the thing a rest for a few hours its really not bad at all, and considering everything on gt sport can be directly transferred to gt7 it would make more sense to have more content tested before they release it and quite frankly I would still enjoy new content with normal road cars because gt sport was incredibly lacking in that department. Now we have a short campaign, daily races that change once a week and a mileage store where I still haven't managed to get everything due to the store not updating enough so a few cars every now and then and maby even a track would be most appreciated for me. With that all said I still love PD...

I'm absolutely fine with no content. They have addressed the hottest issue right now and for that I'm grateful. Thank you PD. :bowdown:Hopefully this new penalty system will actually be an improvement over the last (nonexistent) one or the one before.

Now when i think about It, its not strange that we didin’t get new content, maybe the release an update around or a but after the Sydney event

That is very possible, but is a long time to wait.

Long time to wait? It's like 3 weeks, man.

I find it hilarious that some people think the update is doomed just because it has no additional content at all. :lol:
I don't trust Kaz after this debacle. This was content month. At least he should have been professional and offered an excuse as to why no update this month. I bet he's changed his mind and no more updates. Watch, GT7 arrives this Christmas. Meanwhile, we have to suffer with maybe one or two of the DLC he SAYS are coming(Porsche VGT, Mazda Gr.3, etc.). What a scam artist. Polyphony Digital have really botched this one. I want my money back. Better yet, I want a refund on my PS4! RIGHT. NOW! I'm never buying another Gran Turismo game and I'm not going to play this Gran Turismo "Sport". Good BYE!

I don't trust Kaz after this debacle. This was content month. At least he should have been professional and offered an excuse as to why no update this month. I bet he's changed his mind and no more updates. Watch, GT7 arrives this Christmas. Meanwhile, we have to suffer with maybe one or two of the DLC he SAYS are coming(Porsche VGT, Mazda Gr.3, etc.). What a scam artist. Polyphony Digital have really botched this one. I want my money back. Better yet, I want a refund on my PS4! RIGHT. NOW! I'm never buying another Gran Turismo game and I'm not going to play this Gran Turismo "Sport". Good BYE!
Rofl that's sad. But let's not get our hopes down. They might come in the future updates.

That's not being insensitive. He posted the exact same stuff in this thread before from more than a year ago. I just don't see the point why he must reiterate it once again in a newer thread that talks about another GT Sport update.

"A year ago"

Okay. I guarantee I've reiterated something within the last year on the forum. Shoot me.

It looks like you slammed him a year ago as well. Haven't you made your point? I definitely don't see why you need to reiterate it.

If it bugs you that much, take it up privately with a mod. Leave him be.

Please.

Penalty System is a joke again :lol: but whatever it always was...and no doubt always will be. Deal with it or stay out.
I liked the non penalty System we had before.
But,each to his own :D

Rofl that's sad. But let's not get our hopes down. They might come in the future updates.
Really? I like your optimism. Okay, I'll keep playing, but I won't like it until Kaz puts in the Bentley Boyega, Ford GT Lamaze race cars, A Ferrari F-150 and throw in one of those new MacCLearens. Yeah, that'll keep me playing.

"A year ago"

Okay. I guarantee I've reiterated something within the last year on the forum. Shoot me.

It looks like you slammed him a year ago as well. Haven't you made your point? I definitely don't see why you need to reiterate it.

If it bugs you that much, take it up privately with a mod. Leave him be.

Please.
So it's simply my fault because you think I brought the whole thing up? Wow unbelievable. :dunce::rolleyes:

Really? I like your optimism. Okay, I'll keep playing, but I won't like it until Kaz puts in the Bentley Boyega, Ford GT Lamaze race cars, A Ferrari F-150 and throw in one of those new MacCLearens. Yeah, that'll keep me playing.
Just don't worry because it will come eventually. ;)

The problem with this thread, is the sarcasm still isn't as bad as some peoples genuine feelings! You need to be even MORE outraged!

The problem with this thread, is the sarcasm still isn't as bad as some peoples genuine feelings! You need to be even MORE outraged!

LOL. Yeah, the misplaced primacy of an update in some people's lives is quite amusing, yet entertaining.

Shocked? Nah
Surprised? Not at all
Expected? Absolutely. Its PD after all
Yea "How dare PD not add content that they never hinted at in the first place just because i thought it was coming ! Ugh!!!" . Man seriously if you hate PD so much and you are going to whine every single time move to another game.

Well, if it’s only a bug fix, I think Polyphony should state a public apology for not delivering the usual content and stuff...
I hope this is a joke because if it isen't then wow..

Last edited:
The fake SR S's will now dissappear back into the dirty ranks if the system they put back in is working ok. Give it a few hours. The dirty drivers won't even realise that there's a new system in place. So imagine their horror when they achieve their first punt today :lol:
going to give it all day today and go back tomorrow, new system should have flushed out the dirty drivers again by then :)

And now goes the whining about the changes in penalty system... Guys who got up early to play the game only half awake, get a random penalty ... Complain nothing works.

It takes some time to see if the adjustments will balance overall. Like last time : in the end many players were happy with the lack of penalties, some of them very clean drivers.

I'll check it out tonight but for sure it will take several races, many different situations, to determine if this new tweak is a good or a bad thing.

So it's simply my fault because you think I brought the whole thing up? Wow unbelievable. :dunce::rolleyes:
There is a threshold though. I could understand your complaints if he posted the same thing every week. But a year ago, really?

Maybe he's forgotten his post from more than a year ago, but even if he's not for most people bad memories are hard to forget. This is not an utopia where people just recount their bad memories once and then BAM, they're finally live happily ever after.

So let him be and have some tact for once.

Last edited:
Penalty System is a joke again :lol: but whatever it always was...and no doubt always will be. Deal with it or stay out.
I liked the non penalty System we had before.
But,each to his own :D
What's not working? Or what's failing? Or what's missing? I'm cakacool on your friend list :)

Well I am glad to hear there are changes to the penalty system but I bet they haven't fixed the long running bug of auto drive not working or sending you round in circles when on the start grid.

Very rare it happens but it happened twice last night while I was doing Daily Race B but fortunately I was pointing in the right directions when
race actually started.

Time to go read the penalty thread!

Well I am glad to hear there are changes to the penalty system but I bet they haven't fixed the long running bug of auto drive not working or sending you round in circles when on the start grid.

Very rare it happens but it happened twice last night while I was doing Daily Race B but fortunately I was pointing in the right directions when
race actually started.

Time to go read the penalty thread!
They're probably saving it for the next bug patch/update.

What's not working? Or what's failing? Or what's missing? I'm cakacool on your friend list :)
Well, it has been said since the early days of gts, and it still hasn’t changed.
I play the game since day1 and have gone through every single change, and to sum it up, it still doesn’t work as it should/could/I’d like it to.
It’s still the same stupid get a penalty for slightly touching someone, even if it’s not your fault/intended.
You get penalized for driving clean, while the other Guy who barges/pushes/divebombs past keeps unpenalized.

The System just doesn’t work.Period

It seems like, no matter what PD tries, they either are incompetent which I don’t believe, but more obvious, I think their algorithm/coding isn’t capable of calculating incidents correctly.
Why it isn’t, no idea, I’m no coder.

But I have absolutely no problem with it.
I deal with it and just accept it.

Of course, sometimes it annoys me, normal, but I got used to it over the years.
It’s still a great game if played with the right people.
I personally just preferred the System from the last update.
For me it was the best System, but I adapt to anything. I‘m too old to get mad about a Video Game :lol:

Well, it has been said since the early days of gts, and it still hasn’t changed.
I play the game since day1 and have gone through every single change, and to sum it up, it still doesn’t work as it should/could/I’d like it to.
It’s still the same stupid get a penalty for slightly touching someone, even if it’s not your fault/intended.
You get penalized for driving clean, while the other Guy who barges/pushes/divebombs past keeps unpenalized.

The System just doesn’t work.Period

It seems like, no matter what PD tries, they either are incompetent which I don’t believe, but more obvious, I think their algorithm/coding isn’t capable of calculating incidents correctly.
Why it isn’t, no idea, I’m no coder.

But I have absolutely no problem with it.
I deal with it and just accept it.

Of course, sometimes it annoys me, normal, but I got used to it over the years.
It’s still a great game if played with the right people.
I personally just preferred the System from the last update.
For me it was the best System, but I adapt to anything. I‘m too old to get mad about a Video Game :lol:
Oh,so it's just back to normal again. I thought it was something different from what we are used to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back