GT3 World Tier Championship Series Season 1 For PS4 ( (antisocial lounge))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think I've experienced that one spooky, the ffb and pitting fixes were important for me ( like last night at Spa when i was called in for no reason, i specified wets and couldn't drive after, they must have put slicks on..) Had to laugh though.

Don't think I've experienced that one spooky, the ffb and pitting fixes were important for me ( like last night at Spa when i was called in for no reason, i specified wets and couldn't drive after, they must have put slicks on..) Had to laugh though.

I think you upset one of the pit guys.

The top 16 tier drivers should put down what cars they want to drive .List them in order of preference please

Before this turns into a mud sligning contest again, let me just put some things in perspective....

I have only seen a handful of people (3) go into the 2:07's, in my quali, but know from chatting over the internet waves that one other person is in the 2:07's. It would be resonable to assume if you are in the 2:07's you will make the top tier, regardless of future qualifying results, plus 2:07's are mighty times, at the very limit of the car and track.

Now I have had a few beers, so may be shooting from the hip a little here, but am wary of how things got out of hand earlier. Suffice to say, plus also having raced against a good many of you, Oz if going to be a tier 1 driver, I can see that from my qualifying session with him. All he is trying to do is allign people who are happy racing a particular car, so as not to put people in a position of having to drive the 'B*"&h of a car they hate for whatever reason. I think this is a logical assumption to make, based on times set in the quali's we know about (we all chat off record in other formats - let's get real here, we are all friends at the end of the day).

If people have a problem with being considerate and thinking of your fellow potential team mates, in order to have people motivated in the car they are in (afterall this is also a team championship), plus gaining valuable tuning advice from top drivers, then they are the ones having a problem, as this is only an outgiving gesture. Oz could well have not suggested this, then people will be issued a car, if chosen, based on current rules for team formation, then there will follow a s:censored:t storm with people wanting to change cars, further delaying the series.

Give a man a break and if you have a preference, put it on the list. As I said, I have had a few beers, so may be somewhat more vocal than I normally am, but I feel common sense looking at relative performance should prevail!

Danke!:cheers:

Let's not make things more difficult for the sake of it, we are all in this series together, as friends and fellow racers wanting good times and fellowship of other like minded people.

And breathe....

Edit: I read this as more of a pre-emptive strike to find out what cars people want to drive. As we don't know what tier most drivers are in yet (it would be safe to assume Oz will be Tier 1, unless 15 other people can run low 2:07's). Nobody would want a season in a car they didn't like/feel comfortable in/are quick in, that's no fun.

It is all about fun at the end of the day, with some great racing mixed in too!

Last edited:
Just for the record. I don't care which car I'm in. Seriously. The ginetta was my bogey car, but as that's been taken out I'm completely fine with any.

I just want to race in a damn series. :embarrassed:

Just for the record. I don't care which car I'm in. Seriously. The ginetta was my bogey car, but as that's been taken out I'm completely fine with any.

I just want to race in a damn series. :embarrassed:

I really liked the Ginetta, wasn't the quickest but it was so agile and nimble in the corners but I found if you didn't spend time setting it up it had a tendency to be a little bit of a handful at times.

After the unpleasantness over the last couple of days, I thought I would make some positive contributions to the series now to make up for the negativity.

I've posted a google document on the main thread (with more information about it), it's basically a way of putting down what cars you'd prefer to drive in the series. The team leaders will use it to help choose their teams, so if you prefer certain cars, it's a good idea to put your name down to increase your chances of driving them.

Anyone up for a pre-season race at some point this week/next week?

Will give us all a chance to test out the network and connections between us in the EU and the US.

I may not be able to make it but I'd throw a suggestion of Zolder or Monza and around 20-25 laps.

If you're interested let's start a list and work out a time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back