GT5 delayed. Release date now TBA

• Thread starter matthsv05
  • 555 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@bullie77 Could be right there. Because as said in the CES Interview PD Made great friends with AMG So there might have been some agreement to release the game at the same time as the 'Benz SLS AMG

They should have just made 20-30 cars and 10-20 tracks insted of trying to make a mameth of a game thata gunna take up to 6 years to develop.

Quality is better than quantity. If they want to they can release the game with lesser cars and tracks. 1000 cars!!! That is why it it's being delayed. The modelling for the cars is harder than making the tracks.

They should have just made 20-30 cars and 10-20 tracks insted of trying to make a mameth of a game thata gunna take up to 6 years to develop.

Quality is better than quantity. If they want to they can release the game with lesser cars and tracks. 1000 cars!!! That is why it it's being delayed. The modelling for the cars is harder than making the tracks.
But you will buy the game anyway, right?

Yeah but if it had only 20 cars or so it would be come boring after a while. Like Shift.

20-30 cars? :crazy: That's just not Gran Turismo. Yes, quality is more important than quantity but it would be a mistake to then say quantity is of no importance. Because it is. Anyway, what's wrong with quality AND quantity. That's what we're getting.

boring? if a game is quality. i.e physics, realism than sim racers would not get bored of the game. Anyway it looks like December 2010. Good news is that they probably will not give release dates now as they have learned from the mistakes.

If damage agreement with the manufacturers is causing the delay, this might explain why these's no damage in the demos?

Yeah but if it had only 20 cars or so it would be come boring after a while. Like Shift.

You mean like Prologue? :)

Can't believe how many copies it sold for 3/4 the price of a full game with only 1/10 of the contents of a full GT game. We really are addicted to GT (and SCEE preys on this)...

Demos are not full version..We cant see full version till we have it

Demo will be a big help to not to kill the hype and provide as taster for big things to come , and I think it will be a long wait possibly December , Demo like the one in CES with damage will be a big help

i have got a question. Kaz said that the EU and NA release wont be so far from the Japanese release date. well now that the Japanese release date has been pushed back does that mean the NA and EU is pushed back as well. so if GT5 was to be released in march in Japan EU and NA would get it in april or may but since it has been delayed is the NA and EU move back a couple of months too?

i have got a question. Kaz said that the EU and NA release wont be so far from the Japanese release date. well now that the Japanese release date has been pushed back does that mean the NA and EU is pushed back as well. so if GT5 was to be released in march in Japan EU and NA would get it in april or may but since it has been delayed is the NA and EU move back a couple of months too?

I would imagine so. Their not going to admit to a delay for EU/NA as there wasn't a date beforehand. Admitting a delay would only add more egg to other faces.

I would imagine so. Their not going to admit to a delay for EU/NA as there wasn't a date beforehand. Admitting a delay would only add more egg to other faces.

I think it will be a worldwide release on all versions and it is also a way to prevent imports so they delay the launch for Japanese version. Let us just hope it will not be so late like Fall or December 2010.

I think it will be a worldwide release on all versions and it is also a way to prevent imports so they delay the launch for Japanese version. Let us just hope it will not be so late like Fall or December 2010.

Some 2010 xmas bundle... 👎

Does anyone know what release date Australia follows? It's either Japan or Europe right?

To be honest, if the creators keep this ridicule of fans waiting up, we're all just not going to care anymore. They're just going to delay and delay. Just think of the first original release date for GT5. Look how far away it is now. I really don't care anymore. The creators can just keep delaying and delaying and I won't give a ****.

To be honest, if the creators keep this ridicule of fans waiting up, we're all just not going to care anymore. They're just going to delay and delay. Just think of the first original release date for GT5. Look how far away it is now. I really don't care anymore. The creators can just keep delaying and delaying and I won't give a ****.

eventually you will buy it trust me :)
EDIT: its not the creators delaying it its SONY

Well considering all they've showed so far, I thought March was optimistic. I hope this delay gives them time to ...

-make the cockpit a bit more dynamic and alive (like SHIFT's - when i bump a wall at high speed.... it should be scary, it shouldn't just turn the "camera" back towards the road, there should be some shake & loud noise, at the moment it just seems too placid and forgiving. Hitting a wall in gran turismo feels "fine" it really shouldn't feel that way. (yes, i know there is no room for 30fps effects in a 60fps game)

-the chase cam needs to be a bit looser (like PGR3/4 would be a good example). It feels far, far too stiff. I don't know anyone who used chase cam in prologue or the time trial demo because it feels so ridged.

-sound - yup the new videos seem to convey a lot of bass to the car sounds now, i'm worried this is just bad camera microphones which can greatly distort bass sounds (sometimes leading to cool sounding results - think off screen screenshots looking "better" than direct captures.) I'm still worried about the sound.

-the online - MotoGP on the XBOX1 did well online back in 2002 - we've come a long way since then, expectations are high - I don't need to go into this. Forza is probably the leader here.

I think forza is their main competition, but there is little point in Polyphony looking at developers who do nothing but imitate them. SHIFT really is the new "wow factor" racing game benchmark they should be looking at - seeing a few friends reactions to playing it confirmed this in my mind. If they took a few days off GT development to play it and went back to GT fresh, they might realize just how placid GT feels in comparison. You could say this is because it's more of a sim, but I hit a curb on ice at 20mph at xmas, the noise of the bang and shudder of the car being knocked back onto the road was scary even at that speed, at 100mph in GT I would have barely heard a sound, and the car would have simply rotated back into the direction of the road after slowing down a couple of mph for a split second. I'm not looking for realistic damage here, i just want to be punished temporarily (be slowed, be disorientated) for hitting that wall.

Whats the problem of importing ?

If 20% of the non japanese players import it and afterwards get their native release it should be fine for PD...

Whats the problem of importing ?

If 20% of the non japanese players import it and afterwards get their native release it should be fine for PD...

The problem is that you have to pay for shipping and the profit online sellers make. In my opinion, not worth it.

Based on the MT interview it has come to my attention that this delay is completely Sony's doing. KY would not KNOWINGLY/intentionally lie about the release date (the Japanese take this stuff pretty seriously). Sony has some form of master plan (or has no plan and is wonder what the hell to do... lol). I personally think/hope we will see GT5 this summer (because I have no school).

I was going to comment on that, he was still under the impression that it was a March 2010 title in Japan. From what is being said the delay is only a month, there is nothing huge that can be changed of the game in that time. That said this has got to be a marketing decision, I'm not sure why but publishers for some reason hate it when games are imported.

Any idea why that could be? Money is money at the end of the day. :/

LOL, poor PS3 Fanboi's all crying.

Anyway.

I bet it is only delayed to make it a world wide release, my bet is June 2010, world wide.

I was going to comment on that, he was still under the impression that it was a March 2010 title in Japan. From what is being said the delay is only a month, there is nothing huge that can be changed of the game in that time. That said this has got to be a marketing decision, I'm not sure why but publishers for some reason hate it when games are imported.

Any idea why that could be? Money is money at the end of the day. :/

Retailers, resellers, shops in general, they all get affected and rightfully complain about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back