GT7 September Update Predictions

"Porsche VGT is actually one of the cars?"

Color me surprised...

The 1st car is quite clearly a VW ID.R, the rear wing and the front end with that splitter give it away.

The 3rd car is harder to tell, but given the wheel is on the right (japan) and the small round wing on the back, it makes it look like a S14 Silvia (the one without the big wing of course).

qw5k14as2eus0a5pidte1s4nmlzs

Still 5 days to go, but finally being able to sell cars would be nice.

EDIT: It's definitely the S14 Silvia.
Wait is that a… real car?

The VW ID.R is surely one of the most pointless (real) cars that ever was in a GT game. It has a 45kwh battery, which means it can barely make it round the Nürburgring (or up Pikes Peak, of course) once before running out of juice.

But maybe PD give it fictional recharging capabilities.

The VW ID.R is surely one of the most pointless (real) cars that ever was in a GT game. It has a 45kwh battery, which means it can barely make it round the Nürburgring (or up Pikes Peak, of course) once before running out of juice.

Well, it can be useful in races where fuel consumption is not enabled. But otherwise, yeah, it's going to have a hard time. It basically has to pit every lap on the Nurburgring if the fuel consumption is set to 1x... let alone anything above that, which is mostly the case.

The added cars in all up to now updates make it seem like PD could be short in modelling capacity. And save work/time by including VGT's and duplicates.

Update 1: BRZ = partly copy of 86GT
Update 2 and 3: VGT
Update 4: no duplicates or VGT but the 918 spyder was released with bugs (no hybrid power and FrontWD not working)
Update 5: Cayman GT4 = partly copy of GT4 clubsport
Update 6: VGT

The positive side is that the 2 other cars will probably be real and original cars.
That is exactly it!! They are short in staff in the modelling department. Sony needs to step in and 10x the car modelling department so we can get 15-30 cars per month and then pretty much stay up to date with all new vehicle releases. At this rate there are more new cars coming out that Polyphony could ever hope to release. It's disappointing considering how great their models are including performance, feel and sounds.

GMW
That is exactly it!! They are short in staff in the modelling department. Sony needs to step in and 10x the car modelling department so we can get 15-30 cars per month and then pretty much stay up to date with all new vehicle releases. At this rate there are more new cars coming out that Polyphony could ever hope to release. It's disappointing considering how great their models are including performance, feel and sounds.
A lot of the modelling is outsourced, and there are more than enough people outside of PD to outsource to.

If they simulate this ok, but if they would add Pikes Peak as a track alongside this car, that would be really cool

I really wait for the next Forza Motorsport to probably drive actual Audi‘s and so on on racetracks. I really can’t stand this type of GT7 updates anymore.
Six months later, I haven't bought it yet. And this was my favorite video game series. No communication, no roadmap: no buy from me.

Is it more expensive to make up a fake fantasy car than to license and model a real one?

They're fake fantasy variants of car models that actually do exist. If PD insists on using these fake cars, they could at least update them to [CURRENT YEAR]. We're still stuck with the fantasy Gr3/4 C7 Vette when the C8R is already racing. The F type model PD used for the fake Gr3/4 is already out of production. The Gr3/4 Mustang is, what, two models behind?

These were made-up cars PD shoehorned into GT Sport to fill up manufacturer spots for eSports. Is a model refresh for GT7 too big of an ask?
That’s why they are cheap to you, it doesn’t take enough development costs for you?
Your fake fantasy arguments ain’t really worth discussing to me I have to say, it’s just silly.

They're fake fantasy variants of car models that actually do exist. If PD insists on using these fake cars, they could at least update them to [CURRENT YEAR]. We're still stuck with the fantasy Gr3/4 C7 Vette when the C8R is already racing. The F type model PD used for the fake Gr3/4 is already out of production. The Gr3/4 Mustang is, what, two models behind?
There was an interview that said that making fantasy Gr.3/Gr.4 cars takes roughly the same time - if not longer - compared to a real race car, because of brainstorming process required for them (vs. scanning).

You have to add the drivetrain layout. Kaz said a car like the RCZ, takes longer to convert from FF to MR Gr.3 spec.

You have to add the drivetrain layout. Kaz said a car like the RCZ, takes longer to convert from FF to MR Gr.3 spec.
RCZ Gr.3 is a special case - most cars like the C7 or the Mustang don't need drivetrain changes for their Gr.3 versions to be made (although the NSX did need the hybrid systems removed).

GMW
It really is time people understood the quantity & regularity of monthly updates is determined by Sony’s marketing department. Not PD’s production capacity.

As we’ve seen with datamined lists. PD already knows, largely, what they will be delivering for monthly updates. Beyond this there will also be ongoing work for cars, tracks, features we have not heard of. Be it for GT7 2.0 or GT8.

It’s unreasonable to expect 15-30 free cars per month. If we ever do get such a substantial update. You can bet it’s to mark a specific anniversary and/or a paid DLC.

Last edited:
Back