GT7 September Update Predictions

I believe that was because the Carrera GT used to record sound for the game was straight-piped. Still, it's quite unfortunate.
I hope you're right about the LFA's sound, because the Zonda R got absolutely mangled.
So did the F-150. Mine sounds nothing like that.

How many Porsches are in the game that are not VGTs?

I'm not sure. The master list is stickied. Not that it really matters as I doubt more than a handful of folks (there is always one) would be happy to have a fictional car, err... a variant of an existing fictional car over any number of missing real race or road going Porsches.

Last edited:
Could be a first Porsche theme with the VGT, 904 GTS as LCD and the 964 Turbo as UCD.
Would be neat. Or really mix it up and add the 914 with optional engine swap, add one of the front engine models like the 944 or 928, and maybe the iconic 959 with rally variant. So much to choose from beyond a vgt variation

Last edited:
I'm not sure. The master list is stickied. Not that it really matters as I doubt more than a handful of folks (there is always one) would be happy to have a fictional car, err... a variant of an existing fictional car over any number of missing real race or road going Porsches.
It’s 21 out of 23 if I counted it right.

Are you one of those that prefer a fictional variation of the current vgt to a real car? I guess I'm just trying to understand your point.
My point is that there are 23 cars of one manufacturer in the game (when the Spyder VGT Is added), 21 of them are „real“ cars. 2 months ago they added a fan favorite with the 918 Spyder that was demanded by many, last month they added another car of this manufacturer, a car which also many ask for because the racing version was already in the game. Now they adding a car of this manufacturer which a lot people, here in the forum at least, ain’t looking so much forward to, ain’t instead of saying „ha, that’s not my type of car“, they get mad at PD, call the car crap and say PD doesn’t do anything for the fans, just for the corporate partners or BS like that, should‘ve scanned a real world car instead (maybe there is one coming this month or the next). And btw we don’t even know if this car we’ll be 1/3 of the next update or a bonus, which was often the case with VGT cars in the past.
So I try to imagine how exhausting it must be if one of the developers who’s working on the monthly cars, reads trough these Forum here..

Are you one of those that prefer a fictional variation of the current vgt to a real car? I guess I'm just trying to understand your point.
Everything here is fictional. I win races with cars that have no business being on the same track as the AI. I just smoked the turbo field full of 700+ pp GTR's in a Silva at 533 PP. Bumper cam don't care what's behind it. I think GT7 is much more arcade than simulator and I'm fine with that.

No. Not when models like the 935, 928, 944, and the 959 are omitted from the game.

It's not "tolerable" that PD is resorting to adding fake cars when there are plenty of real ones still missing.
You got in the last 2 updates 2 Porsches that people asked for to be implemented into the game, so boohoo. I’m sorry if I can’t feel with you and your pain.
Should PD ask you first next time which cars you think are very important before they do what they would like to do, you know in their job?
And ever thought about that maybe 1) PD has a contract with Porsche to bring the VGTs into the game that could be go back to GT Sport even, 2) that there will be maybe another (real world) Porsche in the update, or the next one, or after that (there is no reason to expect them release a Porsche every month), 3) that this car maybe isn’t 1/3 of the next update, instead a extra (we don’t know yet), 4) PD has their own goals, agendas and visions for the game, because, you know, its their game, and 5) other people ain’t you and maybe like VGTs and find it absolutely tolerable that they add these.
I for myself like the variety of different cars in the game, including VGTs.
And what do you mean by „fake“?
By that definition a lot of the group 3 & 4, rally cars, the mx5 touring and also cars like the Red Bull Vision are also fake. But I have to say I like a lot of these cars, and there’s still a lot of „real world“ cars in it, so I guess we both can be happy right?

My point is that there are 23 cars of one manufacturer in the game (when the Spyder VGT Is added), 21 of them are „real“ cars. 2 months ago they added a fan favorite with the 918 Spyder that was demanded by many, last month they added another car of this manufacturer, a car which also many ask for because the racing version was already in the game. Now they adding a car of this manufacturer which a lot people, here in the forum at least, ain’t looking so much forward to, ain’t instead of saying „ha, that’s not my type of car“, they get mad at PD, call the car crap and say PD doesn’t do anything for the fans, just for the corporate partners or BS like that, should‘ve scanned a real world car instead (maybe there is one coming this month or the next). And btw we don’t even know if this car we’ll be 1/3 of the next update or a bonus, which was often the case with VGT cars in the past.
So I try to imagine how exhausting it must be if one of the developers who’s working on the monthly cars, reads trough these Forum here..
All cards on the table, I do think the VGTs are a waste of time and resource but I do not wish their exclusion from the game. I just cant get excited for what really amounts to the equivelent of the same burger but now with no bun. More power to you if you are ok with that. There is an audiance for for just about anything. I also really hope, reallly really hope the devs are watching these(this) forum and see all the negatives and hope beyond hope it helps direct them to a better game, personally they released a sub par product that has, IMO, lost its way to mediocrity.
Everything here is fictional. I win races with cars that have no business being on the same track as the AI. I just smoked the turbo field full of 700+ pp GTR's in a Silva at 533 PP. Bumper cam don't care what's behind it. I think GT7 is much more arcade than simulator and I'm fine with that.
And?.... Im not sure how to respond to this. Maybe PD should improve the game?

Last edited:
VGT's are just auto show concepts exaggerated by the no limits digital platform. 10% of what's there may appear in real life in the next ten years. Most of the project will fade away as it's considered too extreme.

No. Not when models like the 935, 928, 944, and the 959 are omitted from the game.

It's not "tolerable" that PD is resorting to adding fake cars when there are plenty of real ones still missing.
I doubt any one particular car has been omitted because of a VGT. These collaborations could lead to preferential access to certain models. Be it pre-production or exclusive rights. Not to mention the wider marketing benefits with Porsche using their own social media channels.

Toyota connections led to the GR010 coming to GT7 earlier than expected. Maybe the Porsche link will see the 963 arrive soon. That car has very strong VGT & 917 Concept styling cues.

When it comes to older models it’s pretty random. Could be a 935, 904, 928. All will appeal to different people.

Going back to the Citroen, I like VGT's. Not ashamed to say that. Some are beasts to handle with beyond logical performace. Every car out performs logic. We all can win races with a stupid mix of vehicles. Why can I win a Ferrari race with a Dino vs modern variants? It's just a fun way to spend some time. Kaz want's to educate as many people on the most basic level. Mission accomplished.

Last edited:
We don't even need the real GT3 & GT4 cars if it's a problem. They can do what they did to the Gr.4 Mustang and M4. Even the Gr.4 Supra. As long as the cars are up to date, we all win.

Biggest thing are PD making available the parts to build our own cars. That absolves them(probably in their view) of making anything new.

Biggest thing are PD making available the parts to build our own cars. That absolves them(probably in their view) of making anything new.
Part of me thinks maybe something along those lines will pop up in undocumented changes.

Still sad that the trans am had this thing omitted from the parts list. D:<

L o u v e r s.png

Yes, and it's awful. Especially when there are real GT3 and GT4 cars PD could have modelled instead of their fantasy Gr versions.
What is awful about them? Are they as awful as your attitude?
Most of them handle great and are overall very convincing, and maybe there very reasons they did this because of licenses or stuff, or do you know the exact reason?

I believe that was because the Carrera GT used to record sound for the game was straight-piped. Still, it's quite unfortunate.
I hope you're right about the LFA's sound, because the Zonda R got absolutely mangled.

Yeah I think this is right. The sound is pretty spot on when you compare it to a straight piped CGT, but there's something distinctive about the stock sound which I prefer.

Have been hanging out for PD to do a sound update but I can't see it happening 😥

What is awful about them? Are they as awful as your attitude?
Most of them handle great and are overall very convincing, and maybe there very reasons they did this because of licenses or stuff, or do you know the exact reason?
They're cheap imitations of the real thing (not to mention they're recycled wholesale from the previous game and 5 years out of date).

Of course, I understand a small indie company like PD with the meagre resources of Sony behind them may have trouble with the licensing.

Last edited:
They're cheap imitations of the real thing (not to mention they're recycled wholesale from the previous game and 5 years out of date).

Of course, I understand a small indie company like PD with the meagre resources of Sony behind them may have trouble with the licensing.
Why are they cheap? Can you give some more depth to your arguments or are just gonna go on with this nonsense?
And you really complain that these are cars used from a previous game, I mean what are they thinking, using the same cars in two different games..
You have no idea what developing a racing game like this really means, huh?

And again, do you know the exact reasons why it is like that, do you have some insights that we here don’t have?
Have you ever thought that maybe some licenses are timed for studios so they have exclusive rights? Like EA had it with Porsche for like 10 years.
Things not as simple as you would like them to be.

Back