GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely fed up with those damn hillbillies. When I go offroading a find a new trail, I activate the invincibility cheat. Better to be safe than sorry, right? :)

I have yet to run into any angry hillbillies. I'm only at around 30%, but I've spent more time off roading then anything else. Do they appear after a certain mission? Or is it just random, and I've been lucky?

I have yet to run into any angry hillbillies. I'm only at around 30%, but I've spent more time off roading then anything else. Do they appear after a certain mission? Or is it just random, and I've been lucky?
I think it's after you kill Johnny k and then blow up the lost mc trailer park

Yup, Same thing happened Jason :\. I got very Angry... after i found them again and killed them. I always wear a Bullet Proof Vest now.

Those guys on the bikes piss me off severely.

Considering you have the ability to call for Merryweather backup online, I think obtaining the Merryweather Mesa might be possible. Finally I can get my paws on it! :D

Considering you have the ability to call for Merryweather backup online, I think obtaining the Merryweather Mesa might be possible. Finally I can get my paws on it! :D

Only if they "like you" :lol:

Has anyone in here gotten online yet? Is this going to work out the way we are all hoping?

Found the trail that runs with the cable car someone mentioned and that is thee hardest trail ever. The moment you loose momentum your done.

Just went looking for it and think I found it. My opinion, super awesome....if the 4WD worked in this game like it should. Thinking about emailing rockstar and complaining.

R1600Turbo
Just went looking for it and think I found it. My opinion, super awesome....if the 4WD worked in this game like it should. Thinking about emailing rockstar and complaining.

I noticed that on Frank's Sandking. Could have been better if it really is 4wd.

Add Mammoth Patriot to the list, thing is a rock crawling master.

0_0.jpg

All power adders, race trans, offroad tires.

I never liked those in GTA4 because of their ridiculous blingy wheels. But now that I can switch them out, will give it a shot.

By the way, I only made it about 3/4 of the way up that "trail" yesterday (it's actually just a wash, not really a trail) and after doing a back flip I decided I couldn't go the rest of the way. :P Also found another trail that's not on the map (an actual trail) and another cool small creek/wash that you can drive up for a ways into a canyon. 👍

There's a pretty good hiking trail that comes out at Ursula's house(a chick Trevor meets), it's toward the NE corner of the map. Also, there's a lighthouse there. Real tight trail, and a good challenge.

Here's a photo from that "trail/wash" that goes up under the cable cars on Chiliad.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Also found this trail west of Grapeseed that is not on the map:

0_0.jpg

And I toned down the colors on the Mesa to something a little more subtle.

0_0.jpg

Here's a photo from that "trail/wash" that goes up under the cable cars on Chiliad.

That the same trail that forks after a little? There's one I found that's pretty fun, the left is doable, the right is near impossible.

Well, online is down once again. Such a shame too, I was working on a Canis Seminole for the the Off Road Club, then BAM, Disconnected. -__-

That the same trail that forks after a little? There's one I found that's pretty fun, the left is doable, the right is near impossible.

Looking at this map here, I think so.

Has anyone managed to re-play the mission where you can grab an Off Road Mesa and try to get another?

Edit: Sent a "Request" to Rockstar about the 4WD vehicles not being true 4WD. Hopefully they respond.

Last edited:
Maybe, I haven't crossed many since it's possible to hydro-lock your car. Was afraid to do it in my Mesa for fear the snorkel didn't actually work and I would lose it.

I did it once with the Sandking but not the ones that are too much big. Good thing that the truck is equipped with big tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back