(GTOR) | [GTTCC-4] | RSUK Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S4 - Private EventFull 

Should Tuning be allowed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's cheap. Yes, it was 5 laps of wheel to wheel racing but I had that with @DR_ingo5, @buck1 and @Storm_SP17 before this with tuning enabled.
At Midfield and Autumn Ring, it was no coincidence that you pulled away from Ingo and Buck, given the weeks of tuning experience we gained from NBR6.

I'm not fussed with whether we do tuning allowed or prohibited. It'll be harder for me without tuning, and you'll get to see what my raw pace is like in a completely identical car to everyone else, but it's a challenge. And besides, brake balance can still be adjusted without any issue, and that's going to give me a lifeline.

It's cheap but we're here for fun. I'd rather lose the race on the straight having fun in a pack of 10 then the grid spreading out.

See, this is something we'll never agree on. I'd rather win or lose legitimately instead of taking a cheap victory. Fun, for me, is racing. Using my skills both inside and outside of the car to achieve the best result possible. When it was no tuning in the support races back in S2 it was fun but they were support races, not the main event.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, it's a vote after all. I voted no, let's see what happens.

My first season in GTTCC was S3 and I think its been some of the closest matched racing I've done in a while. Even with different cars and tuning it was good racing through the whole season.

I think tuning is as much a part of racing as driving the car. I really hate most cars in gt6 with no tuning. They feel way too easy to drive and SO boring to drive. Though I haven't driven the cr-z yet, I'm sure it'll be the same as the many, boring.

I completely understand the points given, like the fact that others don't have the time or that it evens the field, but if it's too close it feels like I might aswell be racing nascars at daytona. Me no like :grumpy:

Also if tuning is allowed, I'll be more than happy to share my setup :cheers:

See, this is something we'll never agree on. I'd rather win or lose legitimately instead of taking a cheap victory. Fun, for me, is racing. Using my skills both inside and outside of the car to achieve the best result possible. When it was no tuning in the support races back in S2 it was fun but they were support races, not the main event.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, it's a vote after all. I voted no, let's see what happens.
;)

My first season in GTTCC was S3 and I think its been some of the closest matched racing I've done in a while. Even with different cars and tuning it was good racing through the whole season.

I think tuning is as much a part of racing as driving the car. I really hate most cars in gt6 with no tuning. They feel way too easy to drive and SO boring to drive. Though I haven't driven the cr-z yet, I'm sure it'll be the same as the many, boring.

I completely understand the points given, like the fact that others don't have the time or that it evens the field, but if it's too close it feels like I might aswell be racing nascars at daytona. Me no like :grumpy:

Also if tuning is allowed, I'll be more than happy to share my setup :cheers:
Tuning Is a part of racing but unfortunately GT is a hobby for us. If none of us had to work and we could spend all day working on the car then that would be great, but unfortunately we can't :(

I'm not saying that the races will be ran like that, drivers like agro and xflow will be quicker than the rest of us. But I think beating someone on even terms by raw speed is more satisfying

I'm with @GT_Vette on this. Some people don't have the time, experience or innate knowledge and ability to tune a car for the better, while others don't quite have the ability or time to practice driving a car as effectively as other people are.

That said, I don't mind driving within a swarm of cars and racing without tuning enabled... gives me an opportunity to learn how to come out on top in such instances.

I feel like my pace and consistency is good, and I am pretty good against one-on-one encounters, but in groups of cars I struggle and generally drop away. Perhaps if racing is like being in a swarm, it'll improve my racecraft in a pack.

I just don't like a boring car thats all. I have many other things that are better to do with my time, like organize my food pantry, or read a dictionary :rolleyes:

I say we race the Ruf BTR next season :D That can stay stock ;)

I just don't like a boring car thats all. I have many other things that are better to do with my time, like organize my food pantry, or read a dictionary :rolleyes:

God I remember how that thing handled in Gt4

You just want a win @True-blue-8 ;)

On an unrelated note, F1 is getting exciting
You obviously didn't watch BTCC Race 3
:( :( :(

You just don't want mikey to beat you ;)

The CRZ is a really fun car hence why it was chose :)

That would be fun :P

I've put stage 3 engine on but only getting 214 specs say 224 any ideas where I can get the ten bhp more and that picture does put mine and stigs finish to shame have to top that maybe boy race style on the roof lol

I've put stage 3 engine on but only getting 214 specs say 224 any ideas where I can get the ten bhp more and that picture does put mine and stigs finish to shame have to top that maybe boy race style on the roof lol
Oil change?

No, sorry I will stay on the trackside this season too, I can't commit to more series and I'm seriously thinking about switching to the PS4 in the next couple of months.

Good luck with this new monotype GTTCC formula. :cheers:

what was the gap?
(I couldn't pause on the line, I had multiple attempts)
yep 0.001 :D

No, sorry I will stay on the trackside this season too, I can't commit to more series and I'm seriously thinking about switching to the PS4 in the next couple of months.

Good luck with this new monotype GTTCC formula. :cheers:
Ok mate no worries, I know FGT is your main concern ;)

@True-blue-8 if we do run with no tuning, have you thought about maybe running with slipstream set on real?

It may eliminate the issue ninja said about the slipstream on the last straight over the line.

@True-blue-8 if we do run with no tuning, have you thought about maybe running with slipstream set on real?

It may eliminate the issue ninja said about the slipstream on the last straight over the line.

Slipstream was on Weak when we were racing, odds are Real will make it more potent.

Real has weaker effect than Weak, that comes from how reluctant PD was to create realistic slipstream

On other side, for me, way to make stock car more exciting (IF it's boring) would be using SM or SH tires ;)

Real has weaker effect than Weak, that comes from how reluctant PD was to create realistic slipstream

On other side, for me, way to make stock car more exciting (IF it's boring) would be using SM or SH tires ;)

Just read the description on the race room settings and I'm mind-blown that Real is weaker than Weak. I've just come to the conclusion that PD is the most backwards game developer in existence.

I wouldn't change the tyres though. 👍 SS are fine.

Back