GTP_Race Event 03 - Discussion Thread

• Thread starter EDK
  • 603 comments
Interesting runoff between three people who just might be the best three _racers_ GT Planet can muster. (With one or two other names on the same level)

Last edited:
Great write up, mad 👍. I've got nothing else to add to it.

I enjoyed it too. Always fun to race against you :cheers:. Thanks and good luck to you too 👍 (we'll both need it in our next runoff race :nervous:).

Yeah I know...I'm in trouble against MAY I believe.:nervous::crazy:

Interesting runoff between three people who just might be the best three _racers_ GT Planet can muster. (With one or two other names on the same level)

They each had 1 loss in the last round, and each of them had lost to 1 of the other 2 racers. So there was no clear cut advantage in terms of record. Racer_LP was not able to complete his last race (Through no fault of his own), so he advanced to this runoff with a 2-1 record. The 3 way runoff with each racer running 2 races against the other 2 in the runoff was, in my opinion, the most fair way to determine who advanced to the next stage.

Keep in mind, the other 2 D1 racers that remain are by no means slouches. These are 5 of the best online racers here on GT_Planet, we just have to find a way to get that down to 4. ;)

And if you guys all go 1-1, I have no idea what I'm going to do. :dopey:

EDK
And if you guys all go 1-1, I have no idea what I'm going to do. :dopey:

thats what i was thinking about.. :lol:

whos :nervous: now!? its me because both already raced... and they know what to do now... :scared: i hope my car can drop some oil.. :ouch:

ah.. congrats little monster :ouch:

I tried the Tuned 350Z at Fuji tonight with Jukka and Bruno, I must say Kevin, considering you wanted to inject some variety and move away from Suzuka for this stage your choice is fantastic.

The car is immensely good fun at a track I've never really enjoyed.

I'll start a practice race thread even though there are only 12 participants, but for anyone else who likes Fuji, you'll love this car.

All the best
Maz

GTP_Eriba vs GTP_Marooned

Well it all started when I was checking my mail :dunce: I found out that I'm not free this weekend so I asked Phillip if he wants to have our race and he said yes :dopey:

We agreed at a time (xx:14) and we went for it we lined up and waited for the 30th sec, there was a bit of lag but not a hestirical one :D (GOD, I was hearing his engine revs and said to my self this will be a bad start) and indeed it was, I made a mistake :ouch: (I hit the gas twice) so long for that perfect start, on the other hand it was Phillip who got it right he went beside me with me watching him from my side view, I followed him through the 1st corner but he was faster, into Coca-Cola (Turn-2) and he's still ahead, 100R I started closing in and came the hairpin (Turn-6) I was lucky to slide the car and get out smooth, I was back behind him till Dunlop :grumpy: :ouch: one hell of a mistake I did, I was too hard on the gas while on 2nd gear, boom I almost lost the tail but I recovered and started catching up my mess :crazy: that moment I thought I lost the race. but the the miracle happened Phillip went for his 1st pit which I totally forgot about :crazy: I passed while he was getting out of the pit but I was faster I started building up with one thing in mind. He has 1 pit to go I've two :ouch: be steady but fast and try to gain as much time as I can, and the second miracle, Phillip went for his 2nd pit and that was my chance, I know I can't pit at the final lap, so my 2nd pit would be lap-9....here it is, 2 laps off adernaline rush, I had a big lead when heading for my 2nd pit but a small mistake, i hit the wall while entering the pit and that made me come out side by side with Phillip. Turn-1 we are side by side, I took the inside and he on the outside, I passed but not for too long, 1.5 sec after and he was in the lead :ouch: I tried to keep up until the main straight and the end of lap-9, I was slip-streaming and then passed (Which later he told me that there was a touch from me to his rear bumper, I felt nothing :odd:) and that was it until the main straight again but this time phillip on my back and he was so close, 1 sec extra and he would have overtook me and won the race.

Thanks a lot Phillip for such a race, it has been and will always be pleasure to race with you and I'm really sorry if I really did bump you but there was lag I didn't feel it.

Well done both guys, too bad you're out now Philip :( but many congratulations to Haitham. I'd say take out one of the Div3 guys as well and you'll be up there among them :lol:

Just dropin by for a quick recon. I never payed attention to these events other than WRS. Looks like im missing out. So is registering for this event completely closed? Do i have to wait for the next stage?

GTP_Eriba vs GTP_Marooned

Thanks a lot Phillip for such a race, it has been and will always be pleasure

Good write up Haitham, the pleasure was mine I had a feeling its was going to be a close race through out, we traded a little paint at times, but like the gent you are, we carried on even with broken door mirrors.

The little tap lap 10 at the end of the straight, was nothing but was just enough to stop you making the use of draft for the 1st corner, and there we were side by side rounding turn one again, I stayed in close to you for the last lap, but that was not my intention, as it made me miss 70% of the apexes and, with the great pace you showed all through out the race I was unable to make use of your draft.

Come the last few corners we were so close, the only thing I could see was your bumper. :scared: Thinking to my self, dont touch him going round here and spoil the race by making you spin out, :ouch: last corner braked a little to much with this in mind lost all my speed, droped to about 50ish I think, way out of your draft, by the time the line came up I could just about see the whites of your eyes in your mirror.

Well done Haitham congrats and good luck in your next race 👍

Again thanks a lot Phillip, and thanks for the nice words. Looking forward to our week-3 race, keep it up 👍

Well done both guys, too bad you're out now Philip :( but many congratulations to Haitham. I'd say take out one of the Div3 guys as well and you'll be up there among them :lol:

Thanks a lot Steven, and yeah I'll do my best with those FLASH guys from div.3 :crazy:

But who said Phillip is out, he still has 3 races to go :P !!! so do I :dunce:

I had the pleasure of spectating on this one and I have to say it was one of the closest races I have seen. Congratulations to Haitham on a great win and commiserations to Phillip on a very narrow defeat. Great racing guys!

Thanks a lot Andy, i didn't know you were spectating our race until Steven told me. It was a very close race

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of spectating on this one and I have to say it was one of the closest races I have seen. Congratulations to Haitham on a great win and commiserations to Phillip on a very narrow defeat. Great racing guys!

Just dropin by for a quick recon. I never payed attention to these events other than WRS. Looks like im missing out. So is registering for this event completely closed? Do i have to wait for the next stage?

Yes, you will have to wait until Event 04

runoff races

me against Mad
winner: me

race 1:

mad on the pole... i passed him before the hairpin to pit 1st.. after his pit we were close again.. i couldnt spot a fly in the middle of our cars :dopey: then he made the 2nd pit and i stayed on the track for a couple of laps and found other guy driving another 350z i passed him without any porblems then on the 1st corner he came on my slipstream and rush from the inside giving me a penalty and putting me on the green area.. i stopped it and mad did the same.. to re-run :(

race2:

only 4 drivers (me,Mad,Stijn,Bart) clean house for a good race :)
the same on the 1st pit for each other ... on the 2nd pit round i pitted 1st.. Mad could keep going a bit more to try to brake some gap or not between us but he decided to pit on the next lap.. :P when he came out he was a bit behind... and i was able to maintain the gap and even better i was improving lap after lap and putting him behind.. i think the pressure toke Mad down a bit.. and we finished with about 4 seconds, right!? :confused:

i wonder if you didnt pit right after me Madison ... race tactic... 💡 ;)

anyway.. now i was a bit safe losing against Stijn.. only him could decide our future :D

me against Stijn
winnner: me

almost full house 6 players.. 2 outsiders.
me on the pole... i went for the pits on the 1st lap and Stijn right after.. after the 1st pits round i was leading by 3 scds already.. :crazy: i was in a good rhythm running low 39 and made the 2nd pit and Stijn right after... i still going well.. and finished it with about 4 scds also, right!? :confused:

i think the setups were major here... 👍

i was scared because i had only a session with Maz and another before this race with Bart... so i improved my skills on this combo during these races.. reaching my pace and best lap also :)

after this runoff.. me and Mad will go to the next round and Stijn was the unlucky of all.. we all deserved to be on the next round i think.. was a populated and an hard group... but Kevin is the boss 👍

Great write up.👍 Congrats Bruno, great win.:bowdown: No chance of me catching you in that race.

In all my races all comp I've stayed out knowing I could win by staying out. But against Bruno I knew I was slower so I didn't use the stay out strategy.;)

commiserations to Mad and Stijn.

Congrats May, sorry I missed theses races yesterday, we had visitors so i was not on at all, I hope to be online for your next rounds.

Phillip.

No response from Grevling to my PM to fix a race date and time for Stage 3 Week 1. He seems to have been active up till now, but nothing at this stage......

You out there Grevling ??

No response from Grevling to my PM to fix a race date and time for Stage 3 Week 1. He seems to have been active up till now, but nothing at this stage......

You out there Grevling ??

Her i am.... just got home from vacation:)
Pm you

GTP_Stotty vs GTP_Hyperspeed

We matched 1st time no probs, I was meant to be on pole, but I had pole both times in the Lancia, Kev bloody changing the rules as we go and I didnt know. ;) So I gave Chris pole. We both got away clean, I cant remeber if it was lap 1 or lap 2, but Chris spun exiting the Chicaine, and I though I had an easy win ahead of me, as I exited the final corner, I saw the host sitting sideways on the start/finish straight, I knew he would DC, and he did. :ouch:

So we went again, Chris on pole still, we were pretty close for a few laps, I pitted lap 4 I think it was, Chris pitted the next, I had around a 2 sec lead on him and decided to stay out and not pit till lap 9, pulling out a little each lap, My best lap was a 39.7, but lots of .9's. Chris pitted lap 8, I pitted on lap 9 and stayed ahead till the finish line. Thanks for the race Chris. 👍

Couldn't seem to find my practice pace in the race against Dan and it didn't help when I clouted the wall on my first pit stop!

Well done mate 👍

Stage 3, Week 1 race

GTP_JvM v GTP_DukeOfPendle

We had a small grid, just us and two others. Jukka got away from pole to lead into the first turn and pull a gap of around 1 sec by the end of the lap.
We got all our pitstops done in the first half of the race, by which time Jukka had a lead of around 3 secs.
Around lap 7 Jukka caught one of the other cars, an F40.
The driver was quite fair, but was a roadblock in the turns, while being fast in a straight line. Jukka had trouble clearing him, while I was luckier and passed him easily. The net result of this was that I had managed to close within a half second, with half a lap to go.
I couldn't close sufficiently, so Jukka took the win by 0.3 seconds.

Winner - GTP_JvM

Good race Jukka, well deserved. 👍
Good luck with your remaining races :)

Event 03 - Stage 3 Week 1
GTP_Mav3r1cK vs GTP_Grevling

Winner - GTP_Mav3r1cK

Large grid with a number of different cars, was what awaited us at the start of our match up. I had pole and we got to grid slots in plenty of time. I took the lead in the run down to the first corner and braked perhaps a fraction to early. Grevling caught the back of me and sent me off onto the run off area, but was understanding and allowed me to rejoin in front. The pit stops were all completed by mid way in the race, and by the end of the 2nd pit stops I had a 4 or 5 second lead over Grev. This was extended slightly each lap until the end of the race where I managed a stunning 360 coming out of Dunlop trying to put down my quickest lap of the race. Race ended with me out in front by perhaps 3 or 4 seconds.

Thanks very much to Grevling for staying up later than he usually would to run the race - much appreciated mate.

Good luck in your remaining races !!

Cheers,

Mav

Stage 3, Week 1 race

GTP_JvM v GTP_DukeOfPendle

We had a small grid, just us and two others. Jukka got away from pole to lead into the first turn and pull a gap of around 1 sec by the end of the lap.
We got all our pitstops done in the first half of the race, by which time Jukka had a lead of around 3 secs.
Around lap 7 Jukka caught one of the other cars, an F40.
The driver was quite fair, but was a roadblock in the turns, while being fast in a straight line. Jukka had trouble clearing him, while I was luckier and passed him easily. The net result of this was that I had managed to close within a half second, with half a lap to go.
I couldn't close sufficiently, so Jukka took the win by 0.3 seconds.

Winner - GTP_JvM

Good race Jukka, well deserved. 👍
Good luck with your remaining races :)

Nice race mate. 👍
And good luck to you too in future races.

:cheers:

Just popping in for a quick hello from Iceland :)

Well done Jukka, Dan, Bruno and Mav for excellent wins, comiserations to the losers and better luck in your future races :cheers:

All the best
Maz

GTP_PASM v GTP_DukeOfPendle

GTP_PASM won 2-0

Very briefly: The first race was close, mainly due to the benefit of the slipstream. We swapped the lead 3 or 4 times during the race. Bart crossed the line 0.2 secs ahead of me

2nd race: I made a mistake on the first corner, sliding slightly wide. Having lost the slipstream, Barts' faster pace was more apparent - he pulled over a second per lap on me throughout the race. Winning margin was 6 or 7 seconds.

The racing, when we were close, was fair and clean with no contacts. There was no interference from any other racers.
A well deserved victory Bart 👍 Good luck in your remaining races.

Thanks to the spectators also - Hyperspeed, Cohiba, MJH and DarkNeo.
Apologies if I missed anyone, but I was busy :lol:

Back