GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
I wasn't aware you were even around when we had BC's?

I can recall multiple replays that needed review since I have been competing, Add in the extra 5 years that Jerry has done and I'm sure he could dig up many to satisfy you.

I fail to see why you need to question the mans experience and judgement when it comes to online competition. He has been on both sides of the fence (competing and organizing) for many years.

Sorry, I guess my sly smiley didn't portray my sarcasm nearly enough. And I thought by BC he was referring to the Board Competition (i.e. the Inter-Forum Time Trial Challenge or IFTC for short) held during GT5:P. There were numerous times in that event alone that people protested and since we were all flying forum tags it was easy to tell what needed to be done. I think he made an excellent example of why tags can make a difference.

Maybe next time I'll use <sarcasm on> and <sarcasm off>. Believe me when I tell you, I have the utmost respect for Sphinx. 👍

Hi guys, quick question;

One of my friends want to join wrs but does not have an internet account at home, is it possible to run qualifying without being logged in or will gt5 only pick up your tag if logged in?

Hi guys, quick question;

One of my friends want to join wrs but does not have an internet account at home, is it possible to run qualifying without being logged in or will gt5 only pick up your tag if logged in?
GT5 will also pick-up your tag when you are not logged in to the PSN. So no problem there. However, with the WRS for GT5 Prologue some weeks were run with online events. So your friend might not be able to participate in weeks like that, if these online events return to the WRS for GT5.

GT5 will also pick-up your tag when you are not logged in to the PSN. So no problem there. However, with the WRS for GT5 Prologue some weeks were run with online events. So your friend might not be able to participate in weeks like that, if these online events return to the WRS for GT5.

I'm not too sure about that. I recorded some replays on my main account whilst not logged in and the name on the replay was my real name instead of my PSN ID.

I'm not too sure about that. I recorded some replays on my main account whilst not logged in and the name on the replay was my real name instead of my PSN ID.
Maybe there is a difference regarding this between Prologue and GT5. In Prologue it does show the PSN account name. Weird....

This. If you aren't online it uses the name of the account on the PS3 and not the PSN account. A work-around for this would be to make your WRS account on the PS3 the same as your PSN.

If I were to do this, it would go from being "real name(GTP acct)" to "GTP_orsche".

What on Earth is a BC? Big Chevy? I haven't had another go at this since the first couple of days, hard to find the motivation when your pedals are stuffed. I did manage an almost entirely pedal-issue-free run in sector 2 which I'm very happy with, but I know there's a slight bit of room for improvement. Either way, I'm fairly hopeful I'll actually get Div.1 now, since I race ex-D1 guys online all the time and match up fairly well, not to mention being ex-D1 myself :sly:. It occurred to me today as well, D1 guys aren't as keen to race you if you're in D2 unless there are other D1 guys around, so I really want that top division.

What on Earth is a BC?

Surely you jest!

The Board Challenge (BC) is an international OnLine Racing (OLR) competition among a group of internet-based communities centred around the Gran Turismo game series. Since its conception back in July 2001 (then called Inter-Board Challenge) the BC quickly became the main event within the GT OLR racing calender.

I'm going to be highly anticipating where I get put in the divisions since this will be the first time I do WRS with my wheel.

It occurred to me today as well, D1 guys aren't as keen to race you if you're in D2 unless there are other D1 guys around, so I really want that top division.

That is untrue. I have been racing with all the different divisions so it would be interesting to know what D1 guys aren't "keen" on racing with other divisions. They should come back down to earth and have some fun.

That is untrue. I have been racing with all the different divisions so it would be interesting to know what D1 guys aren't "keen" on racing with other divisions. They should come back down to earth and have some fun.

Yeah, I don't believe this either.

It occurred to me today as well, D1 guys aren't as keen to race you if you're in D2 unless there are other D1 guys around, so I really want that top division.

I don't support that statement either. It must have been an incident, Paulie, or only concern certain individuals.

Besides the divisions are based on times/results achieved running time trials. My experience from GT5P is that when racing online, you shouldn't rely on the order of divisions. Some Div2 guys are easily capable of keeping up with the top runners, where other Div1 guys don't succeed...

That's how rumors get started, not sure where you heard that, but all we care about is racing against clean drivers. If there is anything we like to do besides race hard, it's help each other out. We welcome drivers of all skill levels 👍

Jerome

I had some great racing the other night with half of Div 1 and little old me! They were perfect gentlemen and didn't mind waiting to pass me or stop if they accidentally knocked me off. I had a great time despite being hopelessly outclassed :lol:

I had some great racing the other night with half of Div 1 and little old me! They were perfect gentlemen and didn't mind waiting to pass me or stop if they accidentally knocked me off. I had a great time despite being hopelessly outclassed :lol:

Where does one find these races online with other Div 1 members? Being a first timer to the WRS (and this forum for that matter) I'd like to see how I would compare. Been running the qualifier for a few days now and am relatively happy with my times but would like to see if I even stand a chance at being anywhere near the top classes.

Nurburgring Kerbs give you wings!

A couple of them seem friendly, others are made out of brimstone. Also, Kallenhard is understeer paradise. It's a corner where I think you can only lose time and not gain any. Fun time this afternoon with sector 2. Good choice Admins 👍

Not finding it an issue without a ghost or split times. Though ghosts make me crash anyway, too much to concentrate on!

Besides the divisions are based on times/results achieved running time trials. My experience from GT5P is that when racing online, you shouldn't rely on the order of divisions. Some Div2 guys are easily capable of keeping up with the top runners, where other Div1 guys don't succeed...

I found this to be very true as well. 👍

Drivers who can adapt quickly are hugely successful. As Jerome said, being a clean driver is the number 1 priority, speed is not.

Had plenty of races where if one of us gets knocked off we wait up and then continue racing. So much fun :cheers:

Yeah, I don't believe this either.

I don't support that statement either. It must have been an incident, Paulie, or only concern certain individuals.

That's how rumors get started, not sure where you heard that, but all we care about is racing against clean drivers. If there is anything we like to do besides race hard, it's help each other out. We welcome drivers of all skill levels 👍

Jerome

I found this to be very true as well. 👍

Drivers who can adapt quickly are hugely successful. As Jerome said, being a clean driver is the number 1 priority, speed is not.

Had plenty of races where if one of us gets knocked off we wait up and then continue racing. So much fun :cheers:

Now I don't even know why I posted it.:lol: I guess I was tired and can think of one driver in particular who may be guilty of it.

Where does one find these races online with other Div 1 members? Being a first timer to the WRS (and this forum for that matter) I'd like to see how I would compare. Been running the qualifier for a few days now and am relatively happy with my times but would like to see if I even stand a chance at being anywhere near the top classes.

They're my friends on PSN, I met them through participating in WRS :) 👍

I'm hoping for D1, was 48th in Australia for the Time Trial so hopefully that means, I'm somewhere in the D1 level.

Cant wait for this to start, already done my times, just waiting to submit now!

I have absolutely no idea where i will be in these divisions .
I was in Div 2 back in the GT3 days , got promoted to Div 1 after 10 races or so, that was back when i had loads of time on my hands and competed every week without fail.
I know for sure i will be no where near what i used to be , but im looking forward to getting some good racing happening whatever division i end up in.

Been plugging away at this qualifier for the past couple of days now , im quite happy with my effort as i don't get much time to play and im an old fart :dopey:
Just looking forward to the WRS getting underway , im hoping i can at least participate in most races.👍

All my runs will be done with the DS3.

Back