GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
I'm hoping for D1, was 48th in Australia for the Time Trial so hopefully that means, I'm somewhere in the D1 level.

Cant wait for this to start, already done my times, just waiting to submit now!

It almost certainly will, I didn't put in enough effort (just under a week's worth) in the Academy after I found out I wasn't elligible, and had around 50th, and I'm now fully expecting D1. I'd even love to get Silver but I'm not holding my breath.

So I can't register for this until after its over? Meaning I'd need to wait for the next event, or what am I missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping for D1, was 48th in Australia for the Time Trial so hopefully that means, I'm somewhere in the D1 level.

Cant wait for this to start, already done my times, just waiting to submit now!

Well, you will be surprised how many fast guys there are out there. I was just a little bit quicker than you in the 2010 Academy TT and I was firmly planted in Div 2 in GT5P WRS.

You've missed this topic.

I saw the topic but one part of it isn't that clear to me.

As of today (1/1/11), no requests for entry into the GTP_Registry will be processed until a qualifying time has been submitted.

Does that mean that I can participate and submit my times or is there another thread that i missed?

Run the qualifier, get a time and submit it.

Once the deadline is up WRS 1 will be published and divisions will be defined. Then the WRS is underway.

Run the qualifier, get a time and submit it.

Once the deadline is up WRS 1 will be published and divisions will be defined. Then the WRS is underway.

1 remark, wait till Friday, submission is not open yet!
Submissions will not be accepted before Friday, January 14th, 2011.

On the progress: I had to adapt my Sector 3 target for the second time and even reached the revised time, but the run was over the limit = illegal. :ouch:

On the bends going into each other in the last part of Sector 3:
* Keeping the speed can help since it accumulates through the bends.
* Going just a little bit slower, might change your line so you can control and keep a better line. Keeping more speed through the remainder of the turns.

There are quite some possibilities to experiment in there.

Hi all, new to GTP and looking forward to join WRS.

Having a blast with sector 2 today (great choice for a qualifier I think), gonna hit sector 3 tomorrow.

Anyways, looking forward to joining all y'all

Hi gents I haven't had any track time with this car, but should be fun as I enjoy the merc and it would be great to be racing with you gentlemen in the future. Hopefully this weekend I can give it a go and test the water.

Cheers

It seems with all of the interest there will be a need for divisions 1 through to eleventeen. I am gunning for division... what comes before eleventeen?

In all seriousness, the first few weeks will be great with so many participants. 👍 to the admins who get to sift through all of the qualifiers over the next couple of weeks.

yeah I was looking forward to submitting my time today but after going after my replays I found that I was about half an inch to close to the wall in one otherwise it would have been a superb time <time reference removed by mod> :(

I even went into photomode to see if there was a tiny gap, was a gap at the backend but the front end was JUST touching :(

lol oh well I know its possible now so will keep trying.

was on S3.

fairly confident with my S2 time already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope my time qualifies me for a division and not a msg from the stewards "Better luck next time".

I just hope my time qualifies me for a division and not a msg from the stewards "Better luck next time".

If your submissions are clean and legal you will get a division placement even if it takes you 14 minutes to get through each sector. 👍

I must say this feature is definately one of the best yet to ensure that a lap is clean...

I actually find it more difficult then in GT5p to see if the lap is clean.

Mostly the behind view was enough before, but here it is just too close on the car, so I need to go to photomode.

Also on a closed circuit at the end of the track in GT5p you could go backwards and watch the ghost drive from the front, that really made it clear.

=============

So question: Do you really gain driving on the edge?

My experience is that my fastest laps can be very clean, generally when I'm close to the edge on them it is a slight mistake. Wheels on the track give more grip then flying.

That is my experience too. My fastest laps on both sectors are as smooth as a baby's butt.

I do miss the ghost though, since I can't get close to my best laps (not within .5 sec) and don't know where I'm losing time. :ouch:

I don't know when enough is enough.

I'm concerned that because I can get "near" my sector 3 time with some consistency (that is when I deem a lap to be worth completing) It makes me think that it's not fast enough. Is it that, or am I just able to drive with reasonable consistency? It's not like I'm leaving so much time on the track that it's easy to achieve. Neither of my sectors have all of the corners as good as I can do them, but it's always a case of not making big mistakes, getting through some average, and getting through some well.

I just kind of like to know whether I'm chasing half a second for the ultimate lap, or whether it's a lot more as it gives me a better indication of how much more time is worth investing. Based on the times I'm setting I think I'll carry on chasing sector 3 as I think I'm more likely to get a bit more time there (even though I suspect it's comparatively better than my S2)

Back