GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Yo i just signed up to the GTP an mande an account also a new account on my ps3. An what do i do now it says ive registered but it says in this post that i have to write one post on the forum why is that (so this is the post)

6 months in the nick with a PS3, wheel and cockpit might be nice... well, as long as you got to shower privately ;)

6 months in the nick with a PS3, wheel and cockpit might be nice... well, as long as you got to shower privately ;)

You forgot to include a copy of GT5, now the prison guards will jiff you and you won't have anything to play.:lol:
So I'm debating whether I should have another go at sector 1, there might be 2 tenths in it for me. Couldn't be bothered with sector 2, I had a well and truly good enough run, I doubt I'd ever improve that one.

Just want to say thanks to those who mentioned using the seasonal events for a quick start on a new account, makes things a breeze to setup and go for the qualifier. Anyone who is on the fence about giving the WRS qualifier a shot because of having to make a new GTP tagged account, take the plunge! It doesn't take all that long, I did the last Bonus 3 race with the C4 rally car and jumped to level 17 in one race. Easy as! 👍

Had a quick go of the two sectors tonight, not sure where i'll end up at the end of this but damn it's fun fanging that SLS AMG! It just eats up the 'ring and while i'm sure i'm not running it anywhere near the limit it feels pretty planted. I kind of expected to get a bit more sideways! :D

:lol:

If I had to live in a 6x9 cell, I'd want a GT5 cockpit in there too! :sly:

Yep, those 25 years would just fly by.

Did a session in sector 2 today. I can see where there is time to be found but I'm not sure that I have the capacity to find it. This start and stop really does not suit me. In WRS I normally just do lap after lap without restarting and finally enter some kind of zone but it impossible to get there with this event since I have to restart it every time. Hopefully I can do enough to at least retain my division even though it seems unlikely that it will be enough for gold class.

I found with the inability to pound in repeat laps to only focus on one "area" at a time on each lap, then move on to the next attempt. My first 20 odd attempts I really only focused hard on the left-right-left-right after Foxhole. Then moved on to the next bit, etc.

Just submitted my times.
Can't tell you what they are guys but I won a cup.

On the GTP_Registry Qualifier page It quotes "Please note that the submission must follow this format exactly"
eg
User: EDK PSN: GTP_EDK Country: USA Time: 6'30.153 Split: 2'58.388 Split: 3'31.765

I presumed this means don't write nothing else so, If the mods are reading this my PSN Id GTP_adddictions has 3 d's.

Just submitted my times.
Can't tell you what they are guys but I won a cup.

On the GTP_Registry Qualifier page It quotes "Please note that the submission must follow this format exactly"
eg
User: EDK PSN: GTP_EDK Country: USA Time: 6'30.153 Split: 2'58.388 Split: 3'31.765

I presumed this means don't write nothing else so, If the mods are reading this my PSN Id GTP_adddictions has 3 d's.

The submission should be on a single line as shown in the example. You may add additional notes to the admin team in your submission message if you like.

You forgot to include a copy of GT5, now the prison guards will jiff you and you won't have anything to play.:lol:
So I'm debating whether I should have another go at sector 1, there might be 2 tenths in it for me. Couldn't be bothered with sector 2, I had a well and truly good enough run, I doubt I'd ever improve that one.

I hope you meant to say Sector 2 and Sector 3. :sly: Either that or I've been running the wrong sectors. :ouch: :dunce:

First Run tommorow Nervous about this one Don't know I f I have Figured out the new Physics Engine just yet.Aiming for D3 or D2 .

I have a question how do I PM someone (ex Vaxen)? I created my GTP account on PSN I just need to submit it.

Hi there.

Trying to register a PSN (GTP_RS172 via the internet on a pc) have tried 3 different email addys and still have not received the 'Email Notification. A message has been sent...' anyone have any ideas or is the PSN network having registration issues?

Edit. 👍 Successfully added PSN via PS3. Now to level up and submit those qualification times :)

Last edited:
I have a question how do I PM someone (ex Vaxen)? I created my GTP account on PSN I just need to submit it.

Welcome to GTP and the WRS. All the information about this qualifier and the process of registration is in the GTP Registry Qualifier post.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent to Vaxen via PM:

• You can submit only ONCE (be sure to give it your best effort)
  • Please give it your best effort as sandbagging is highly frowned upon in the GTP OLR community. It would be greatly appreciated by all GTP Race Admin and participants if you would dedicate at least as much time to the qualifier as you would to a regular WRS event.
  • Please include in your PM, your GTP_Registry PSN ID, your location (Country) and all 3 times -
  • Sector 2 Time, Sector 3 Time and Total Time (Sector 2 + Sector 3)
  • Submit your time in the following format -
  • User: [GTPlanet ID] PSN: [PSN ID] Country: [Country] Time: [Total time] Split: [Time 1] Split: [Time 2]
    eg:
  • Please name the PM subject title "GTP_Registry Qualifier (Submission)". Any ambiguous subject titles can easily be lost.

Click on "Vaxen" above.

Please get used to using the Search function on the forums to find what you need 👍

All the best
Maz

Just want to say thanks to those who mentioned using the seasonal events for a quick start on a new account, makes things a breeze to setup and go for the qualifier. Anyone who is on the fence about giving the WRS qualifier a shot because of having to make a new GTP tagged account, take the plunge! It doesn't take all that long, I did the last Bonus 3 race with the C4 rally car and jumped to level 17 in one race. Easy as! 👍

Had a quick go of the two sectors tonight, not sure where i'll end up at the end of this but damn it's fun fanging that SLS AMG! It just eats up the 'ring and while i'm sure i'm not running it anywhere near the limit it feels pretty planted. I kind of expected to get a bit more sideways! :D

Acerlyte, my problem is that since I have only had the game for 2 weeks and have limited playing time, my main account is only at level 16 which means I don't have any NASCAR cars or the C4 yet to gift to my new GTP account. Is anyone willing to let me use one of those cars so that I can quickly boost my XP for my GTP account. I would return it as soon as I was done with it. If you can help contact me on the forum or on PSN. My name is GTP_weezy.

Acerlyte, my problem is that since I have only had the game for 2 weeks and have limited playing time, my main account is only at level 16 which means I don't have any NASCAR cars or the C4 yet to gift to my new GTP account. Is anyone willing to let me use one of those cars so that I can quickly boost my XP for my GTP account. I would return it as soon as I was done with it. If you can help contact me on the forum or on PSN. My name is GTP_weezy.

Fair call, I didn't consider that! I'll jump on shortly and send you my C4 then so you can get up and running quick!

Submission sent. I know this German kombo will hit hard to my chin. :lol:

Just submitted my times also.. Good luck all. :cheers:

NrburgringNordschleife.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_1.jpg

:D 👍

Finally managed to remove a bit of time from my sector 3 that had been bugging me. I'd had good pace on previous laps but chucked them going into the last two corners. It was a surprisingly good time given how average my first imaginary split was.

If I can get back upto pace on sector 2 I'll try to have a bit more off that one, otherwise I think both times are suitable for submission.

My times are crap, but they're probably going to get submitted as-is.

Sectoring over and over just doesn't appeal to me enough.

Guys might I suggest that You don't submit early ,honestly take your time it always comes down to that .1 Trust me so take your time and don't rush it.

So I have 2 clips that I was hoping some veterans would watch and tell me if they're breaking any rules. The first clip (12 seconds) is from a run I plan to submit and just cuts a corner. The second clip (39 seconds) is just so I know what's acceptable in the future, and has 3 things: cutting a corner, going completely off the road (but on a straight... I don't know what that parallel-to-the-road rule means), and finishing the sector on a path that would take me off the road (I assume that's legal, but still seems questionable). Thanks to anyone that helps me out since I'm new to this!

I'm no veteran but..

The first one is close, but fine. Two wheels are still on the curb.

The second is dirty, three wheels are off track for at least one second.

The rules state that two wheels must be on track (including curbs) at all times.

Back