GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
I'm no veteran but..

The first one is close, but fine. Two wheels are still on the curb.

The second is dirty, three wheels are off track for at least one second.

The rules state that two wheels must be on track (including curbs) at all times.
Thanks. The rules say, "2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times"... so what does that mean?

The first one is close, but fine. Two wheels are still on the curb.

The second is dirty, three wheels are off track for at least one second.

This analysis is correct.

Thanks. The rules say, "2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times"... so what does that mean?

On or above the track.

For example, going airborne over a jump (like you will do at Eiger), none of the wheels are in contact with the track, but all 4 are above the track ("vertically in line with"). We use the strange phrasing because it is more precise.

On or above the track.

For example, going airborne over a jump (like you will do at Eiger), none of the wheels are in contact with the track, but all 4 are above the track ("vertically in line with"). We use the strange phrasing because it is more precise.
AH! Okay, thank you. While I have your attention, I'm really sorry to ask but can you delete me from the database so I can resubmit? (I assume that's easiest for you to let your script handle a PM again.)

I was happy with my times from earlier in the week and submitted them, but then I saw people discussing how much time they put into it, so I just had to make sure I gave it my best... and I ended up improving my total by about 3.5 seconds! I'm thinking that's fairly significant and I don't want to be "sandbagging." So I'm sorry again, and let me know if I can/should resubmit.

Last edited:
I would just like to once again thank the mods that picked this as a qualifier, It really is an amazing choice.

Just to reiterate how awesome this car and track choice is, I sat down again today to have another few goes before submitting my times, which i felt were already going to be contenders for DIV 1 or DIV 2.

about 2hrs in at sector 2 i beat my previous best time by around .300 and thought sweet thats unexpected but i'll take it. Going thru the replay to check for any rule breaking i noticed there was still some areas i could improve on so i thought i'd give it a few more goes and see if i could get that ELUSIVE perfect lap.

MY VERY NEXT LAP i tore another .900 off my last lap! 1.2secs taken off in the space of 2 laps. I was DUMBFOUNDED and had to watch the replay over and over just to see how perfect it was.
It was smooth as a babies bottom and to top it off, right at 3rd last corner on the replay i could see that there was probally another .100-.200 of a sec there as well LOL.

what an amazing selection, I will always be in awe of the green hell and how I dont think it can ever be driven to "Perfection"

Now to try and best my Already excellent time at S3, im sure there is at least another half a second on there as well :)

AH! Okay, thank you. While I have your attention, I'm really sorry to ask but can you delete me from the database so I can resubmit? (I assume that's easiest for you to let your script handle a PM again.)

I was happy with my times from earlier in the week and submitted them, but then I saw people discussing how much time they put into it, so I just had to make sure I gave it my best... and I ended up improving my total by about 3.5 seconds! I'm thinking that's fairly significant and I don't want to be "sandbagging." So I'm sorry again, and let me know if I can/should resubmit.

:crazy: 3.5 sec, wow you must have been going very slow or you found some speed somewhere.Not to sure if the admins will do it for you, as stated in the rules , you may only submit once

WOWSERS please tell me this is legal guys lol.

I know its borderline but it was on my fastest lap of S3 i beat my previous best time by .800 of a second. These photos show the very closest it comes.

The silly thing is i think this actually gave me my best time, it gave me an extra 4km/hr over the stretch then i normally have going in to that corner.

Watching the replay my heart was in my mouth, but i THINK its safe, can you guys comment before i submit my overall times?

32c7793c-1.jpg

beda64c9-1.jpg

97827b69-1.jpg

Rules do state very clearly that each person can only submit once.

WOWSERS please tell me this is legal guys lol.

I know its borderline but it was on my fastest lap of S3 i beat my previous best time by .800 of a second. These photos show the very closest it comes.

The silly thing is i think this actually gave me my best time, it gave me an extra 4km/hr over the stretch then i normally have going in to that corner.

Watching the replay my heart was in my mouth, but i THINK its safe, can you guys comment before i submit my overall times?

Looks fine to me 👍

Are you guys finding that cutting the course this close is the fastest? There are a handful of corners that I find advantageous to cut, but for the most part I try to keep it smooth and on the track. The curbs at the 'ring are quite large!

Looks fine to me 👍

Are you guys finding that cutting the course this close is the fastest? There are a handful of corners that I find advantageous to cut, but for the most part I try to keep it smooth and on the track. The curbs at the 'ring are quite large!

The only reason I started doing it on this part of the track, Which is the first long stretch of straight before the first real corner of S3 is because I found it gives me a straighter angle coming into the first corner there and as I said above gives me about 3-5km/h extra top speed before I have to brake.

For me this seemed to equate to a fair bit of time since I did the rest of the lap practically the same as I always do.

I know its not much but it seemed like a big difference to me from what I was doing lol

For perspective if you want to check yourself, usually at this point of the track you will max out at like 251-252km/h here before you go into the next turn and top at about 255-257ish before braking.

On this run, I was at 254 at this point of the photo, and continued on to 266km/h before having to brake.

Rules do state very clearly that each person can only submit once.
That's probably why I was apologizing for asking.

I don't have a problem with being in an easier division, I was just trying to be considerate of others. And now I've learned my lesson to try harder before I submit :).

I haven't been cutting any corners, having trouble as it is keeping my car on the pavement. I could most likely improve my time on S2 but S3 is such a pain, that i'll leave my current time as it is.

The only reason I started doing it on this part of the track, Which is the first long stretch of straight before the first real corner of S3 is because I found it gives me a straighter angle coming into the first corner there and as I said above gives me about 3-5km/h extra top speed before I have to brake.

For me this seemed to equate to a fair bit of time since I did the rest of the lap practically the same as I always do.

I know its not much but it seemed like a big difference to me from what I was doing lol

For perspective if you want to check yourself, usually at this point of the track you will max out at like 251-252km/h here before you go into the next turn and top at about 255-257ish before braking.

On this run, I was at 254 at this point of the photo, and continued on to 266km/h before having to brake.

If you're driving the whole straight, or as much as you possibly can in this fashion in order to take advantage of an improved top speed in that area, then this rule may come into play:

Nothing that goes against the spirit of the game

I must stress however, that this is my own personal opinion, so I'm not speaking for the whole admin team here.

I'm hoping I've misunderstood, but if it's what I think it is, I would rule against it.

I've also submitted, as in a normal WRS you dont get 4 weeks to submit, but thats just my way of thinking.

Yup.. but you wont get 4 weeks to run countless hours in a normal WRS though ;)

Good point. I'm pretty much done with my run too, but I know if I submit it early, I would want nothing more than to run another time. Best to keep it just in case, though I highly doubt I will be back :lol: (Damn those seasonal TT's). I figured I would rather put in some effort now and qualify in a decent division rather than sandbag and have to work for months to "level" up :lol:.

I do look forward to returning to the usual 1 week deadlines though.

If you're driving the whole straight, or as much as you possibly can in this fashion in order to take advantage of an improved top speed in that area, then this rule may come into play:

I must stress however, that this is my own personal opinion, so I'm not speaking for the whole admin team here.

I'm hoping I've misunderstood, but if it's what I think it is, I would rule against it.

Doesn't that contradict then? if its legal how can it be against the spirt of the game when the game is to get the fastest legal lap time possible? Meh, i submitted it, up to the gods now. From some of the other pics people have posted i dont think mines the worst lol.

It certainly doesn't look anywhere half as bad as it does in the pics i posted in the actual replay though, i took the most extreme angle just to validate lol.

I think Sphinx's point is if you spent a long straight/stretch with only 2 wheels on the kerb it wouldn't be very sportsmanlike, even if it is technically legal in the WRS. Which I'd agree with, there's a difference between using maximum amount of room in a corner and pushing it on the straights.

I think Sphinx's point is if you spent a long straight/stretch with only 2 wheels on the kerb it wouldn't be very sportsmanlike, even if it is technically legal in the WRS. Which I'd agree with, there's a difference between using maximum amount of room in a corner and pushing it on the straights.

Couldn't agree more 👍

💡 This and the fact that some of the fastest TT times in prologue were created by gaining extra speed on the straights because of the 2 wheels that were in the grass...It somehow made your car go faster by 4-5 km/h... :ill:

I am sure i saw it at HRS and Fuji several times...

So,cutting corners but keeping at least 2 wheels on the track/curbes is 100% fine...but gaining speed by deliberately driving with 2 wheels in the grass to gain speed/time is just not(as Sureboss already stated)very sportsmanlike...

So,i would say its a no go...but thats ofcourse just my opinion... 👍

spy.

Meh, I may as well go and submit now, my pedals will never play ball long enough for me to bother trying sector 2 again.

Its not a long stretch by any means, its one kurb. On the replay its less then half a second.

Doesn't that contradict then? if its legal how can it be against the spirt of the game when the game is to get the fastest legal lap time possible? Meh, i submitted it, up to the gods now. From some of the other pics people have posted i dont think mines the worst lol.

It certainly doesn't look anywhere half as bad as it does in the pics i posted in the actual replay though, i took the most extreme angle just to validate lol.

Like I said, I may have misunderstood, and what you are doing could be perfectly fine.

But if you're doing something like this, then we have a problem:

The two wheels on track rule is there to define a limit for the purpose of verification when entering or exiting a corner for example. It's also there as a sign that highlights a certain expected racing etiquette/standard when competing at GTP or any other respected GT community. It's a standard OLR rule that everyone uses. It's not however there to be exploited for any other purpose, because that would be going against the spirit of the game and what we call gentlemanlike.

Last edited:
I'm going to be submitting my times very shortly as well. Like some other's I don't want to spend a totally unrealistic amount of time running the qualifiers as I'm lucky if I get 3 or 4 hours in total in any given week to do WRS runs.

Here's some pics from my runs 👍

NrburgringNordschleife.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_1.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_3.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_2.jpg

Back