GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Like I said, I may have misunderstood, and what you are doing could be perfectly fine.

But if you're doing something like this, then we have a problem:

The two wheels on track rule is there to define a limit for the purpose of verification when entering or exiting a corner for example. It's also there as a sign that highlights a certain expected racing etiquette/standard when competing at GTP or any other respected GT community. It's a standard OLR rule that everyone uses. It's not however there to be exploited for any other purpose, because that would be going against the spirit of the game and what we call gentlemanlike.

LOl thanks for the clarification, yeah nothing like that, its still a proper corner so its basically just a cut but on one of the straight stretches.

I actually started out this event probally never even touching a kurb at all, until i saw all these photos and people saying it was legit and I was like WOW ok guess i can do that then to shave some time off.

Since i saw someone posted a replay up before and it was ok i will post a replay of the section in question :) might make it a bit easier to understand.

Do you think my cornering is a tad too wide and courteous? :scared:

picture.php

Phillip.

Can I ask how low the divisions go? I spent about 5 hours doing my qualifying and submitted it, but having read this thread I realise I am no where near as good as most people posting here.

I decided to register and take part so I could learn to be faster & find out where I stand in relation to other players and to have the opportunity to enter races using a professional racing etiquette

If you are too slow do you get refused? Will I be in division 20 on my own?

Heres a short clip of the photo I took so you guys can see what sector it was and that it wasn't for an extended period of time.

After watching it again and looking back at Apollo33 vids that he posted I don't think its any worse then those and they were given the ok by a few on here.
Anyway give me your opinions I hope it will be ok because I already submitted the time that went along with it :(

The rest of the lap there is no where even as close as this.

Sorry for the bad quality, it was done on my phone lol. Like i said in the vid I do think it looks alot worse in photomode lol in realtime it doesn't look half as bad, just looks like a regular corner.

Heres a short clip of the photo I took so you guys can see what sector it was and that it wasn't for an extended period of time.

After watching it again and looking back at Apollo33 vids that he posted I don't think its any worse then those and they were given the ok by a few on here.
Anyway give me your opinions I hope it will be ok because I already submitted the time that went along with it :(

The rest of the lap there is no where even as close as this.

Sorry for the bad quality, it was done on my phone lol. Like i said in the vid I do think it looks alot worse in photomode lol in realtime it doesn't look half as bad, just looks like a regular corner.

I think that should be fine as by no means have you been that far off track for any extended period of running, and it's not genuinely against the spirit or letter of the law, so you're good to submit 👍

All the best
Maz

The rules state that two wheels must be on track (including curbs) at all times.

Oh dear! guess who misread the rules??

I thought not a single wheel could touch the grass at all ie 4 wheels on hard surfaces at all times...

D'oh!!!

:dunce:

Can I ask how low the divisions go? I spent about 5 hours doing my qualifying and submitted it, but having read this thread I realise I am no where near as good as most people posting here.

I decided to register and take part so I could learn to be faster & find out where I stand in relation to other players and to have the opportunity to enter races using a professional racing etiquette

You picked the perfect place to learn 👍 :cheers: Nobody gets turned away for being "too slow". You will be placed in the appropriate division.

You will find that with some dedication / practice and willingness to learn / critic your driving, you can very quickly get "upto" speed and set respectable times.

Its too hard to learn based on this Qualifier. Once the WRS is underway and the discussion of sector times is up for grabs, you can very quickly get a good understanding of where you fit in and discuss and analyse your lap vs others.

👍

You picked the perfect place to learn 👍 :cheers: Nobody gets turned away for being "too slow". You will be placed in the appropriate division.

You will find that with some dedication / practice and willingness to learn / critic your driving, you can very quickly get "upto" speed and set respectable times.

Its too hard to learn based on this Qualifier, but once the WRS is underway and the discussion of sector times up for grabs you can very quickly get a good understanding of where you fit in and discuss and analyse your lap vs others, using sector times as reference.

👍

good to know - I wonder if there's a prize for the cleanest lap ever submitted (referencing my previous post!) :lol:

Would it be possible for me to create a new GTP_ tag? I would like this PSN to be registered from my country, not the one it's currently registered with.

Would that be too much a problem?

GTP_janimal Welcome to WRS.

Just enjoy youself 👍

A big welcome to all the other new members to WRS too.

Phillip.

Would it be possible for me to create a new GTP_ tag? I would like this PSN to be registered from my country, not the one it's currently registered with.

Would that be too much a problem?

You can change your GTP tag any time, just send me a PM so I can update the database.

I would just like to say that I have submitted, didn’t spend much time on it........ had a few laps and I got gold in one of them so quite chuffed with myself. We'll have to see when the results come out! I just hope I got everything in the right order in giving over my sectors.

Can't wait probably Division 3.

Submitted my time also, don't expect to be in same division as my Prologue qualifier. I'm not to worried though, because i can always improve in the WRS with practice.

Maybe someone here can give me a hand. I am saving my fastest times as I practice. This has resulted in 8 or nine replay files in my replay area. When I open the theater it shows the correct time that I have run (fastest at that point). The problem is that the actual replay is of a different (slower) time. So now I have a file that is correctly named showing the better run time but I don't have the visual proof.

The bigger problem is that any file I save goes to the lap before it. Therefore no file I save will have the correct info.

Maybe someone here can give me a hand. I am saving my fastest times as I practice. This has resulted in 8 or nine replay files in my replay area. When I open the theater it shows the correct time that I have run (fastest at that point). The problem is that the actual replay is of a different (slower) time. So now I have a file that is correctly named showing the better run time but I don't have the visual proof.

The bigger problem is that any file I save goes to the lap before it. Therefore no file I save will have the correct info.

The replay is of the most current fastest time. The time shown is your previous best. If you watch the clock at the end of your lap, you will see the time is correct 👍

What I recommend is keeping 2 replays for each sector. Keep your fastest one and your 2nd fastest one. Just incase your fastest effort is dirty, you have a backup in hand if you cannot get that laptime again. Just keep overwriting replays keeping your fastest, and 2nd fastest.

The replay is of the most current fastest time. The time shown is your previous best. If you watch the clock at the end of your lap, you will see the time is correct 👍

What I recommend is keeping 2 replays for each sector. Keep your fastest one and your 2nd fastest one. Just incase your fastest effort is dirty, you have a backup in hand if you cannot get that laptime again. Just keep overwriting replays keeping your fastest, and 2nd fastest.

You are correct. Thanks for clearing that up for me. 👍

You are correct. Thanks for clearing that up for me. 👍

I managed to at least to sort out which file I needed to download..... now I just need to figure out if I have managed to remove my sectors times correctly for verification.

I managed to at least to sort out which file I needed to download..... now I just need to figure out if I have managed to remove my sectors times correctly for verification.

Hi mate, what do you mean? you should have your 2 best replays from sector 2 and 3.. Those are the times you need to submit.... 👍

Ok i just submit my times. 45 min on sector 3 will do since i spent 5 hours on sector 2 ;-)

Now i export the replays and put them in my comp. But now im stuck, its just 2 files with some strange letter and numbers on. How do i compress them and i cant see who is sector 2 and 3 etc?

You can change your GTP tag any time, just send me a PM so I can update the database.

Great, thanks. The current PSN is GTP_Sultan, so you can remove it. I will create the new PSN and post it here once it's done. Thanks again.

Back