GTP_WRS-Online : General Discussion

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
The GTP OLR Admins are proud to announce the addition of three new members of our team who will join as "Official WRS-OE Race Stewards" đź‘Ť

GTP_Allibubba99 (Al)
GTP_jtv90069 (Jon)
GTP_w-g-e (Wes)​

Their primary initial role will be in helping to host and direct our weekly races in the 3D3 lounges including pre-race lounge setup, managing qualifying sessions, rolling starts and overall race coordination. They will also be given the opportunity to contribute via new special event ideas, event development, testing and a few other roles that will no doubt increase the quality of our future events.

Thanks guys and welcome to the team! :gtpflag:

PS> The full list of online race stewards/admins will be published shortly in the comprehensive guide thread. As always any WRS-OE race will be required to have an official race steward (or OLR Admin) present in the lounge for the result to be considered official.

Welcome aboard guys! :gtpflag:

Very nice guys! Without the admins and race stewards this beautiful Series wouldn´t exist 👍 thank you

And welcome to all new members!

Got my registry time submitted.

When are new events posted and how much time is there to prepare for them?

Hopefully I can join in soon :)

str98 asked a similar question a few posts up. Do our answers to him answer your question? ;)

Short answer: online races every Wed, sometimes informally re-run again the following Sat.
Special event weekend online races are about once every month or two, the next one being at the end of the summer.

The Wed races are announced the previous Thursday, so you have a week to prepare.
Special events are announced 3-4 weeks in advance.

He asked when the next race is, different question :)

Thanks though, Guess I'll find out later tonight. No harm in buying the car for a practice in case I get registered in time.

The GTP OLR Admins are proud to announce the addition of three new members of our team who will join as "Official WRS-OE Race Stewards" đź‘Ť

GTP_Allibubba99 (Al)
GTP_jtv90069 (Jon)
GTP_w-g-e (Wes)

Congrats guy's đź‘Ť

He asked when the next race is, different question :)

Thanks though, Guess I'll find out later tonight. No harm in buying the car for a practice in case I get registered in time.

It's not always required to buy the car. Sometimes we use the recommended car for the race.

He plans to process new submissions this week, so once that happens you should be good to join. You won't get a PM or anything, just watch this thread.

Given the "Gran Turismo 5 Goes Interstellar!" article in the News section I was curious how many miles our drivers had driven in our events to date. Since we log just about everything it wasn't too difficult to figure (approximately of course)...

... 89,610 miles or 144,213 km.

... That's over 3 times around the world. :lol:

WRP001
Given the "Gran Turismo 5 Goes Interstellar!" article in the News section I was curious how many miles our drivers had driven in our events to date. Since we log just about everything it wasn't too difficult to figure (approximately of course)...

... 89,610 miles or 144,213 km.

... That's over 3 times around the world. :lol:

Damn that's crazy.

Does that include online and/or B-spec?

mohitraina91
Damn that's crazy.

Does that include online and/or B-spec?

Are you mocking me?

In case you're not, that mileage estimate includes only official 3d3 race laps and includes all drivers, all laps and all events back to event 1.

Mileage per event = # drivers * # laps * lap distance.

Total mileage = SUM(event mileage)

WRP001
Are you mocking me?

In case you're not, that mileage estimate includes only official 3d3 race laps and includes all drivers, all laps and all events back to event 1.

Mileage per event = # drivers * # laps * lap distance.

Total mileage = SUM(event mileage)

I wasn't. I misunderstood and thought you were talking about your individual mileage.

Ya, prior to the online seasonals paying so well my a spec career included a ds3, the x2010, Indianapolis, two rubber bands and a USB keyboard.
Shame me if you must :lol:, but $600,000 an hour was nothing to sneeze at back then ;)
Leveled me up pretty darn quick too đź‘Ť

Hydro
Ya, prior to the online seasonals paying so well my a spec career included a ds3, the x2010, Indianapolis, two rubber bands and a USB keyboard.
Shame me if you must :lol:, but $600,000 an hour was nothing to sneeze at back then ;)
Leveled me up pretty darn quick too đź‘Ť

At least now I know I don't need an intervention for you.

Yes GT5 inflation has hit. Now the going grind rate is over $3 million per hour. $600k is now considered unskilled labor rates. :lol:

Guys, does driving position make a big difference? I have my wheel attached to a side-table that's not much higher than the chair I sit on and I tend to press my predals from a high angle.

Thinking about getting the Wheelstand Pro in the next few weeks.

My position is sitting in the couch, wheel attached to a wobbly foldable computer table.

Pekka's (MadMax86) position which we just discussed recently is also sitting in the couch (40cm high), wheel attached to the living room table (50cm high).

My position is sitting in the couch, wheel attached to a wobbly foldable computer table.

Pekka's (MadMax86) position which we just discussed recently is also sitting in the couch (40cm high), wheel attached to the living room table (50cm high).

I sit on a dining chair, the sofa is too far away and at 45 degrees to the TV. I guess you would sink into the sofa slightly being more comfortable, where the dining chair is solid, I sometimes get a lower back ache from being hunched forward, I try to sit back a little but then the wheel feels too low and the pedals too close, can't move pedals back anymore because there is a support strut across the back of the table.

Guys, does driving position make a big difference? I have my wheel attached to a side-table that's not much higher than the chair I sit on and I tend to press my predals from a high angle.

Thinking about getting the Wheelstand Pro in the next few weeks.

Mine at the moment is sitting on a wooden chair with the wheel attached to the kitchen table and using a 19inch screen. (Kitchen TV broke)

My setup is a few posts above here... for me it makes a big difference, especially in a long race... I've been through too many sports injuries to sit for 90 minutes and drive from a wooden chair so I splurged on a cockpit. Playing American Football will leave it's mark even 25 years later. :sly:

Regardless, I think a sturdy setup for the wheel/pedals is important for precision. The rest is really about comfort and support.

Back