GTP_WRS'ers and their ride...

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 658 comments
The pics are not mine (only representations) but in the right colors at least

Current (daily) ride : '02 Mazda Protege5
2002_mazda_protege5_4_dr_std_wagon-pic-1192210003345965384.jpeg

My other ride : '02 VW Jetta TDI
VW_Jetta_sedan.jpg

The internals of the Jetta, however, will be going into a '91 VW Jetta Coupe (pretty much like my avatar, not the same color though). I'm planning on starting the transplant next spring/summer, because the garage I'm working in isn't heated, and -20°C and lower temperatures here tend to make working with metal tools a little difficult, I'd say...

...and the first gen Focus ST was an XR5 and the Falcon's are XR6 (had various versions for 5 years while we lived there) and XR8.

Nice ride Kevin! @EDK 👍

i was about to ask if you still had your challenger but noticed the headlight on right :)

So this is the car my parents own i'll be able to drive for a year when i get my drivers license within the next one to two months. I am planning to get a MX-5 when I become 18 next year but since i'm 17 i'm only allowed to drive with a registered person that has his or her drivers license for more than 5 years next to me. So there's no point in me buying a car for myself yet.

But about the car it's an 2010 Opel Astra station with the 19 inch rims of an nurburgring edition. The engine is only a 1.6 with around 110 hp but the car weights around 1200kg's and the tires are pretty wide so it has a lot of grip and handles really good. The car also has an OPC line bumber kit. The guy we bought it from has an opel garage/dealer and he got the car with front left damage he fixed the car up and put the OPC line kit and the 19 inch wheels on.

P3010008[1].JPG

P3010007[1].JPG

P3010006[1].JPG

w41.jpg

North America hates wagons. There is nothing on the market. Even BMW only brought the 325 and 99% were automatics. So I had to build my own :)

330 engine (3 liter)
6 speed transmission
3.38 diff with Quaife LSD
Billstein adjustable coilovers
Supersprint coated headers and crosspipe midsection
ESS Stage 2 TwinScrew supercharger (390hp)

Looks innocent but does 0-60 in less than 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Hi all.

Sorry this is the wrong thread, but Its kinda similar. Can someone point me in the direction of the thread where we post our virtual racing setups?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
I would post my old seat ibiza, but I completely wrote it off. Could post that but it's not a pretty crash site. :guilty:

I dont know if it fit the thread requirement, sorry if it doesnt :scared:

but i got myself a new ride, never expected to buy one of these but i havent looked back since i tried it on the track, worth every penny! :dopey:

Its a 2008 Arrow AX-9 Kart with a rotax max 125 engine

20140717_200754_zpse90165ce.jpg~original

20140711_195123_zpsb7b5812b.jpg~original

20140711_195156_zps2ac1db0a.jpg~original

Im starting to ge the feel of it and thought id share a quick video of a lapping run from this morning!
you can see the power difference vs. the 4 strokes.

This is my pride and joy... He (yes, it is a "him") is a 2007 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro in S-Line guise with manual transmission. Latest dyno figures show 191.2kW and 530Nm, not too bad considering the fact that he is a coal burner!
IMG_0237_zps34ab55e8.jpg

My previous car was a 2004 Audi S4 4.2 V8, in which I did a couple of open track days (very different in real life compared to Gran Tourismo!)

I am also an active member of the Audi Club of South Africa, currently serving as national chairman of the Club :)

Last edited:
Just been scrolling through the thread, I must say great cars guys. so I thought lets make an addition myself. It's not as great as any of yours but well I'll post it anyway. Unfortunately I had to get rid of her because i went to study and it was too expensive to maintain and i really didn't need because I have a bike for the short distances and students in the Netherlands have free public transport. Also it had some major repairs upcoming brake pads & discs, tires, major engine maintenance etc. I decided it was cheaper to buy a new one after my study then keeping it.

Any way here she is the Opel Corsa B Sport 1.4 16v ecotec. I mauled her quite a bit as I was 18 and loved cars & loud music :P
autos-teletubie9.JPG
This is how she looked when I bought her

Then I thought it would be a good idea to "tune" her in all the wrong ways.
I added lexuslook backlights, angel eyes, m3 cup mirrors, radio, subwoofer, 6 speakers, 2 amplifiers, neonlights, aftermarket pedals made my own subwoofer housing in the back. I resprayed a large portion of the dash and doorpods in mettalic black. well you get the idea.

auto - spiegels3.jpg auto - spiegels4.jpg auto - veerpootbrug1.jpg auto -inbouw2.JPG auto -inbouw10.JPG auto-achterlichten1.JPG auto-inbouw12.JPG auto-inbouw16.jpg auto-inbouw19.jpg auto-koplampen1.JPG auto-master ducktape lol.jpg auto-neon1.JPG
In hindsight If i'd saved the money it would have been better to buy a better car. but still had a great time with it i have vivid memories of entering a MC drive backward(they do no appreciate that.), doing backward round abouts. Also yanking the e-brake and yelling POWAHH alot.

IMG_8558.JPG IMG_8561.JPG IMG_8564.JPG IMG_8571.JPG IMG_8575.JPG
This is how she went away. Right after these pictures i had one last drive which involved a lot of smoke and a e-brake cable snapping. She went out with a bang!

This how she should be looking right now
http://www.happenstand.com/images/upload/0/3042/1264220084.jpg

It was a great car to learn driving but as of now I'm hoping to improve both car and taste. Mumbles something how could I've been this stupid and tasteless when I was young.

So if I get to drive it's mostly my dads new C3 or a new model Ford Ka from the mother in law. Looking forward to buy a BMW e46 as soon as i'm done with my study and leave it original :P

:cheers:
Cheers,

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_8569.JPG
    IMG_8569.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
@mr_lab_rat Mike, That was when I was about 18 to 19 years old then. Now I'm 27 let's say I matured relatively late. A 320 coupe is what i'm aiming for a 318 is a possibility but I see no point in owning a 316. One plus about modding is that you get to know how the car was build (very poorly :P) Also you get to do some weight reduction. I still have bits and pieces laying around which, for the life of me I couldn't figure out where they belonged.

My 2 at the moment - Both Stock(-ish).

A 2005 SAAB 9-5 2.3T HOT Aero 250Bhp (Manual).

T2eC16ZHJHEE9ny2sYsfBRLnr4efiw48_86.jpg

T2eC16FHJF0E9nmFQUmBRLnrSBCg48_86.jpg

A 1997 Mazda MX-5 Mk1 1.8i 133 Bhp (Non PAS).

100_1362.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

Last edited:
Nice cars. :)

I edited your first post so the images would show up, for some reason it looks like photobucket was maybe giving you some extra characters that GTP didn't like.

Back