GTP_WRS'ers and their ride...

Discussion in 'GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials' started by Sjaak, Nov 3, 2008.

1. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

Sweet wagon :)

numbnuts70 likes this.
  2. Nickonen

Nickonen

My Honda Civic EG9 Vti.It's the first car I ever had the year 2002 and still it's my baby.Ι call it "Black Vixen"
    001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  3. Carlos Fandango

Carlos Fandango Premium

Inspired by Richard's post @numbnuts70 that was in the wk45 thread briefly :odd:, I'm taking a trip down memory lane. My first car...
    [​IMG]

closely followed by...

[​IMG]

Both of mine were black. I then defected from GM and went over to Ford and had one of these...
    [​IMG]

Bought it for 65 pounds off a mate, popped in a new driveshaft and off we went. Riddled with rust though. Got my first proper job and went and bought one of these...
    [​IMG]

This got replaced when we bought our first house with some cheap crap which then failed so I bought one of these...
    [​IMG]

Which then got traded in for a company car at the start of 2005 and things got less exciting from then on, although I did have one of these for a few years in Australia...
    [​IMG]

I'll stop now...sorry :O

4. numbnuts70

numbnuts70

Yeah, sorry about that @Carlos Fandango , I posted that Pic then thought it wasn't the best place to post it and it would've been taking the thread off topic.

5. EDK

EDK Moderator

I bought one of these (same color) for $75 off a "mate", was hit hard in one door and 3 guys that I went to high school with learned to drive a stick in it. He'd tuned it up, and could not start it. A gap gauge and cap and rotor later, it was road worthy. I put a clutch in it 6 moths later, and it served me well for more than a year before it started on fire on the way home one day and burned to the ground. :lol:

IMG_2743.jpg

6. Bugman

Bugman

I don't own a vehicle that has a roof...

Attached Files:

7. numbnuts70

numbnuts70

Nor would I if I had a garage that big :eek:........but which one tows that boat?? :lol:

Bugman, mr_lab_rat and TeamCZRRacing like this.
  8. GTP_Luds78

GTP_Luds78

So in my time away from the Weekly Race Series I have been playing with my new toy. It’s a 1978 Holden Gemini Gravel Rally car. Now running a mild 1.6l with twin Webers. I ran my first South Australian Rally Championship event last year The Robertstown Walky 100. Whilst I have no chance of competing with the Evos and WRX's up the front I still had a ball going flat out on the gravel roads. Driving to Pace notes was a challenge but very rewarding when you start to feel comfortable in them. There was around 100 competitive kilometres and about the same in transport which meant that aside from 3 20 minute services we were in the car for at least 8 hours. I managed to finish the Rally which was my main goal for the day. Here are a couple of pics from the event.

Prep is now well underway for the 2015 season where I will run 1 rally and 4 or 5 Khanacross events.

Attached Files:

9. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

10. Mires

Mires

10392183_1227706179279_1719596_n.jpg

This is my ride - Suzuki Swift 1.3 GLX AC, 90 HP (nicknamed by me as Marmot - Svišť)

This "Small Japanese Pocket Rocket" has surprisingly a lot of space for 4 well-proportioned people, but a small cargo space. But i love to drive this car. It keeps its line even in tighter corners at slightly bigger speeds. It's fun to drive this car. I participated in few slalom events, but, there were bigger cars to claim the prizes. :D

One shot with it's "bigger Brother" a Nissan Z350 (small similarity is there if you have a good imagination :D )

10392183_1227706219280_8232332_n.jpg

And I have also a personal guard :D

26826_1405696388923_2235236_n.jpg

Attached Files:

euclid58, Nail-27, swsc73 and 2 others like this.
  11. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

My new ride, my last few cars have been the Ford people carriers so they were handy for the kids and shopping, its nice to get back to a bit of driving pleasure.

SAM_2460.JPG SAM_2465.JPG GTP4.png SAM_2459.JPG gtp1.png GTP2.png GTP3.png SAM_2444.JPG SAM_2453.JPG

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  12. skyline1683

skyline1683

image.jpg image.jpg My new weekend toy couldn't resist picking it up for a shocking £1000

13. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

How, what? Is there something wrong with it?

14. Iceman220

Iceman220

How much miles has it clocked? And the year of make?

15. skyline1683

skyline1683

2001 bug eye model
    78,019 Miles
    Just had full service cam belt plugs pads and discs on every corner
    Pulls like a train in every gear
    Only one thing wrong is small rust patch on rear driver side arch

Guy just wanted it gone after it cost him his licence so I snapped it up

Nail-27, Cats_PJs, PASM and 1 other person like this.
  16. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

bargain.

skyline1683 likes this.
  17. skyline1683

skyline1683

I feel like I stole it but it looks so good parked outside the house

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  18. Carlos Fandango

Carlos Fandango Premium

Picking one of these up next week...getting quite excited now!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDK, roamer2629, Cats_PJs and 10 others like this.
  19. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

Found On Road Dead :p

Awesome. :drool: A friend at work just got a blue 50th anniv model, for some reason he won't let me take it for a spin around downtown Seattle... :confused: :lol:

Nail-27, roamer2629, PASM and 2 others like this.
  20. Carlos Fandango

Carlos Fandango Premium

Nice! Does his have the performance pack as well? V8 or EcoBoost? No sooner do I put pen to paper, then Ford go and release the GT350...That thing is truly awesome, although probably a bit much for a daily driver in Michigan winters!

EDIT: Found On Road Dead - In the 20 years I've been driving Ford products, old and new, in three different countries, I've never broken down...not once.:p

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    EDK and numbnuts70 like this.
  21. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

I believe it does have the perf pack, and he's really happy with it overall. Weird useless feature on his, not sure if non-50th anniv models have it or not: a light on the underside of the mirror shines a pony shape on the ground. :boggled:

[​IMG]

Wish you luck with your continued good reliability. :cheers:

22. Carlos Fandango

Carlos Fandango Premium

@Gravitron ...

Lucas, it's on all the premium cars, along with leather, heated and cooled seats, dual zone climate, sync etc...

Just making me more excited thinking about it. Was going to pick it up today, but the car comes with summer tires that I wanted them to swap to all season tires (since it's a DD), and the new rubber won't be in until next week :ouch:

23. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

image.jpg

Okay, I know what you're thinking. "What is that?!" The answer is, it's a quarter midget. One quarter the size of a fullsize midget racecar. No, it's not street legal. Sadly. :lol: It also comes with a whopping 14 horsepower from a Briggs & Stratton World Formula engine. One track championship, 8 wins. :tup:

EDK, euclid58, roamer2629 and 3 others like this.
  24. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

@Gravitron If seatlle looks a bit like the gt track i totally understand why :p hahaha

mr_lab_rat and Gravitron like this.
  25. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

It does. Man, I miss that track.
    When it comes to letting other people drive there are very few that are allowed to drive my wagon without my supervision.

26. roamer2629

roamer2629

Seattle was one of the few city tracks I actually liked. That and Rome Night from GT2. Suspect cities get picked from a Marketing and demographics point of view :boggled:

27. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

and which way kaz's babymakingstick is pointin' :p

mr_lab_rat and roamer2629 like this.
  28. avata_jo

avata_jo

The time has finally come for me to upgrade my car to something a bit more "posh" :)
    I replaced the 2007 Audi A4 3.0TDI Quattro (Manual) with a 2011 Audi A6 3.0TDI Quattro (S-Tronic)...
    After the first two weeks of ownership, I can report that I am still very happy with the change.

Attached Files:

mr_lab_rat and GTRacer22 like this.
  29. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail

Had one of these ....it was our second.1986
    image.jpeg
    This is Subaru number # 7 It was IMPOSSIBLE to find in WW parking lot full of mommy mobiles. Lasted one year...

image.jpeg
    This is Outback #7 Subaru #8
    image.jpeg

GTP_Dutchy likes this.
  30. miata13B

miata13B

Well, figured I would show off my lasted "work in process" along with a couple new goodies for it.

Meet the new project
    20151122_152749.jpg

All stock Fire Breathing 70 whp :-) Speed major Speed. :-). The main goal is getting weight down. With rough calculations that have been made with a rather neanderthal method of weighing items the car has been reduced down to roughly 1857 lbs. From her starting curb weight of 2167 lbs. Not a bad diet. Wish I could lose weight that easily.

20160329_194921.jpg
    20160619_155122.jpg

Still playing the weight game, but I can probably get at least another 100 lbs. Out of her before she will be sent out to get a proper cage built in her.

Now 70 whp of performance would not really suffice, but because I am building this to be an endurance car I am not overly concerned of outright performance right now. That will come in time.

With that, what is a non-Vtec Honda to do, go grab a cheap SOHC D16Z6 and drop her in. Although the 'new' engine is not currently in her she will eventually get dropped in. Say Hello to a blistering quick 100 whp and say good bye until she will return from the machine shop

20160501_112614.jpg

If you look closely to the upper left portion of the Head you might notice something wrong with the Valve Cover mounting point. Yup good ole Johnny Overtorque decided to rear his ugly head in this head. I guess the previous owner decided it was not tight enough... arse hat.

Great oppurtunity to build the engine though. It is the current crossroad I am at. That is another story for another time.

Hondas are quite notorious for blowing head gaskets, reliability is my main aim right now. So what would any Honda guy do to help fight heating issues? Well like any sane Honda guy, get a VW radiator.

20160712_185648.jpg

Instead of the stock single core this is a dual core radiator off a VW Scirocco from 1985. It adds over double the capacity any stock Honda radiator that will fit in the hatch, and cool more efficiently. Some modifications required of course. Next on the list will be figuring out the issue of oil cooling. That will be in the future.

Remember that weight loss game I'm playing, well the next step is to concentrate on losing as much weight off the front end. Which leads to installing this.

20160710_150838.jpg

The process is 25% complete for skinning the whole support structures of the hood and I'm hoping to drop 5 lbs. Off of it. This will lead to 2 more hood pins on the front and most likely 2 at the back corners too.

More goodies came in, these are for the nut between the wheel and seat.

20160804_092110.jpg

More will follow soon.

Attached Files:

OZ, Ph1sher, Nail-27 and 1 other person like this.