GTP_WRS'ers and their ride...

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 658 comments
Here is a pic of my ride, but it is really dirty, it has been below zero for like 10 days and I have had no chance to wash it.

20180101_162215_HDR.jpg

Mine is not a BMW........it's an Infiniti, it is better than a BMW. :lol: (Kidding I like BMW's just not as much as my Infiniti, almost 400hp AWD, can't go wrong)
Ohh, those head lights and the main shape definitely baffled me, I really thought it is BMW. Seems I do not know a thing about cars. :D or those have such similar look to me.

Ohh, those head lights and the main shape definitely baffled me, I really thought it is BMW. Seems I do not know a thing about cars. :D or those have such similar look to me.

No, they are very similar looking, that is why I like this car, I have always liked the look of BMW, but I have been driving Infiniti's for over 10 years, and am very loyal to them, so this is the perfect car for me.

No, they are very similar looking, that is why I like this car, I have always liked the look of BMW, but I have been driving Infiniti's for over 10 years, and am very loyal to them, so this is the perfect car for me.

How are you coping with the drive-by-wire steering? I got a loaner Q50 while my G37 was in for service and the difference was crazy - felt like I could move the wheel a millimeter and go flying off the side of the road. Didn't get a chance to play with sport mode settings, maybe that helps :confused:

How are you coping with the drive-by-wire steering? I got a loaner Q50 while my G37 was in for service and the difference was crazy - felt like I could move the wheel a millimeter and go flying off the side of the road. Didn't get a chance to play with sport mode settings, maybe that helps :confused:

Oh yeah, it is weird when in normal mode, but in Sport or sport plus mode (only the sport versions have sport plus, tightens suspension also) it really tightens up. I really like how it feels then. Down side of the new motor is the twin turbo's really mellow out the exhaust, doesn't sound as mean as the g37 or even my g35xs (Loved that exhaust note on that one)

Down side of the new motor is the twin turbo's really mellow out the exhaust, doesn't sound as mean as the g37 or even my g35xs (Loved that exhaust note on that one)
Indeed, cold starts still give me a smile every morning. By far my biggest complaint is the transmission in the G, would have gone manual but as I'm sure you're aware the X was never made with one :( Just feels slow and wonky sometimes as it tries to hunt for the right gear.

Nice cars guys :drool:
Seens you can start the BMW club in here ^^ so many of them. :bowdown:👍👍👍

LOL indeed!!! Had not been back to this thread for a while, coincidentally checked in now starting at my own last post... and what do I see?: BMW's everywhere :lol: ... plus a bunch of other awesome rides. Just shows you that the people are not just gamers but actual petrol heads :cheers:

Jeez, real fun to scratch through these threads again. Have not done so for years, since GT5 prologue in fact. Sooooo.... just to work against the beemer front (which I fully support obviously :)) I thought I might just repost my other little precious! (which I do indeed still own, its my retirement package :D, so it's ligit to post it as "my ride", although I do not "ride" it)... I fully rebuilt this thing, everything... engine, suspension, brakes, interior...... then drove it a bit.... Aaaaand then I relocated to SA, and since then she has spent the past 11 years under a blanket in a dry workshop in Germany... which is sad but investment-wise probably the clever solution :grumpy:)
side.JPG
dug around in here for

P1070405.JPG
P1060437.JPG
Interior.JPG
P1060700.JPG
engine.JPG

P1070092.JPG

Ren
Jeez, real fun to scratch through these threads again. Have not done so for years, since GT5 prologue in fact. Sooooo.... just to work against the beemer front (which I fully support obviously :)) I thought I might just repost my other little precious! (which I do indeed still own, its my retirement package :D, so it's ligit to post it as "my ride", although I do not "ride" it)... I fully rebuilt this thing, everything... engine, suspension, brakes, interior...... then drove it a bit.... Aaaaand then I relocated to SA, and since then she has spent the past 11 years under a blanket in a dry workshop in Germany... which is sad but investment-wise probably the clever solution :grumpy:)View attachment 703721 dug around in here for

View attachment 703722 View attachment 703723 View attachment 703724 View attachment 703727 View attachment 703728

View attachment 703729
Really nicely looking Lancia, it looks great in red, yet i can imagine it in the Martini cover aswell ^^ though as you said, a bit sad it just quietly sits on one spot.

I was just thinking the same, it’s like the (BM)WRS

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-43-license-to-overtake.319532/

Steward's Comments:
Dr BMW :cool:
GoldBMW :sly:
On Her Majesty's Secret BMW :mischievous:
From Russia with BMW :eek:
You Only BMW Twice :lol:
BMW's are Forever :grumpy:
BMW Another Day :D
BMW Never Dies :dopey:
Never Say BMW Again :lol:
The Man with the Golden BMW :sly:
The BMW Who Loved Me :odd:
For Your BMW Only :P
A BMW to a Kill :irked:

Whichever works best for you. ;) Have fun driving this Bond car on a classic British track. :cheers:

I thought I'd just recycle these for your Bimmers :)

Ren
Jeez, real fun to scratch through these threads again. Have not done so for years, since GT5 prologue in fact. Sooooo.... just to work against the beemer front (which I fully support obviously :)) I thought I might just repost my other little precious! (which I do indeed still own, its my retirement package :D, so it's ligit to post it as "my ride", although I do not "ride" it)... I fully rebuilt this thing, everything... engine, suspension, brakes, interior...... then drove it a bit.... Aaaaand then I relocated to SA, and since then she has spent the past 11 years under a blanket in a dry workshop in Germany... which is sad but investment-wise probably the clever solution :grumpy:)

:drool: I Want :bowdown::bowdown::cheers:

:lol::lol::lol::P:tup:

Edit: just checked that GT6 WRS thread. I only played GT6 a handfull of times, but the Z8 was one of my go to cars. As I said when I posted a pic of the e39 here earlier it is very sad that particular M5 model features in so few games... that said the Z8 was the closest thing as it shares the exact same engine (S62) with the M5 of that generation. With less weight than the sedan that made it the fastest BMW available at that time. Unfortunately once again the sound of that engine in the game is a sad joke, we know this from so many cars... In RL, or I should say in my case with the particular exhaust I am running, that car produces the perfect sound: an addicting blend of classic american V8 mixed with Nascar. Maybe the sounds comes right in GT7(?).... or 8..... or 9?

Last edited:
Your Integrale looks mint Ren. I bet you could just sit there in the garage and drool over the details. The engine alone looks like a work of art. I find the gauge that is most prominently in your vision is the turbo pressure gauge.

The sound in GT6 is baaad, yes. Finally GT Sport made the step forward the franchise deserves.

Your Integrale looks mint Ren. I bet you could just sit there in the garage and drool over the details. The engine alone looks like a work of art. I find the gauge that is most prominently in your vision is the turbo pressure gauge.

The sound in GT6 is baaad, yes. Finally GT Sport made the step forward the franchise deserves.

Thanks mate. Yeah, my engine as well as the entire vehicle rebuild got rather extensive. (1 year almost fulltime, I was unemployed and had money at the time :lol:) I sandblasted, painted or had powdercoated 260 odd engine parts alone. I went absolutely mental on that project, got out of hand, also cost wise.
And actually there are 2 boost gauges, yes the tiny toy standard one in the middle of the dash, and then I fitted the huge Abarth instrument on a CF plate instead of some vents further on the right. It's the exact same Instrument the ralley cars used to run :D

To the game sound: well I have to agree it improved from GT6.... but take AC as comparison, or any other current game for that matter, GTS is light years off when it comes to sound! Just look at (or rather listen) to this weeks WRS car.... what a joke. On the other hand, PD does so many other things so bloody well that it keeps us all coming back!!! 👍👍👍

Really nice Frank, that colour choice was spot on and definitely give it that don't mess with me look :cheers:

Thx.
I ordered black at first, but was not convinced. My gf pursaided me to change to this mineral grey. Happy she did. Might install a front lip.....and maybe after warrenty install another exhaust.

249933_137551472986290_2057064_n.jpg
PB010091.JPG
20160121_113906.jpg
247403_137551452986292_5590449_n.jpg
248293_137551562986281_163868_n.jpg
While I currently drive a Camry Sportivo...being an accountant and a Dad of 2...my partner chose the oxymoron (camry/ sport) being the closest thing to the 1:10 power weight ratio I wanted and still meeting her criteria.

This is my Skyline I had before the camry...before it got stolen :(

I had a Prelude before that, gotta love 4WS!

Next one is me on my Fireblade, next to Dad on his old CB900

Last edited:
I may be scarce for a while... New car! :D

It's a 2017 Focus ST with the ST3/402a package so I have black leather heated Recaros, heated steering wheel and a moonroof with all the rest of the goodies. I wanted Tangerine Scream but it was replaced with Triple Yellow from the Mustang for this year. :( Also would have preferred the base wheels but these are kind of growing on me. We'll see what happens when the weather warms up and I go for some summer tires.

I love driving it so far! Oddly, I feel like it is way more comfortable on the road than my wife's Focus SE or my C350 Mercedes despite the sport suspension. Loving having to use both feet again too! :lol:

IMG_20180120_135533.jpg
IMG_20180120_135606.jpg

I may be scarce for a while... New car! :D

It's a 2017 Focus ST with the ST3/402a package so I have black leather heated Recaros, heated steering wheel and a moonroof with all the rest of the goodies. I wanted Tangerine Scream but it was replaced with Triple Yellow from the Mustang for this year. :( Also would have preferred the base wheels but these are kind of growing on me. We'll see what happens when the weather warms up and I go for some summer tires.

I love driving it so far! Oddly, I feel like it is way more comfortable on the road than my wife's Focus SE or my C350 Mercedes despite the sport suspension. Loving having to use both feet again too! :lol:

Very Nice :) Wheels look good to me as they are not that dissimilar to the double spokes on my beemer which I love :cheers:

Very Nice :) Wheels look good to me as they are not that dissimilar to the double spokes on my beemer which I love :cheers:
I do like your M! You got it in the right color. :dopey:👍 Everyone around here has it in silver that I have seen which really does nothing for it.

A few pics of my mk3 focus RS which I have had almost a year. Absolute hooligan of a car which suits UK back roads perfectly. Hopefully doing a few sprints in it this year as it is very much at home on track and seems capable of embarrassing much more expensive machinery. Just wish they had a version in GT sport, be fun to compare the handling.

IMG_20170302_143818_017.jpg

IMG_20170302_150308_166.jpg

20170805_080310.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Back