GTP_WRS'ers and their ride...

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 658 comments
16 year old wagon.

I wouldn't have thought that my 3rd kid would be the 1st of his siblings to buy his 1st car, way nicer than my 1st car ('78 Ford Granada - about as tough to drive as @mr_lab_rat 's sleeper wagon, regarding the clutch engage :P Thanks again for letting me drive it up to Whistler! ).

My son worked a lot of hours and overtime to get this 1999 528 that's the same age as him, for $3k. I'm still a little skeptical as we've had some expensive repair bills with other BMW's. I'm useless when working on cars, so I've failed as a father on that front. :ouch: Maybe we can learn together. We went karting tonight at k1speed and I gave him hell when I was following him for multiple laps, unable to pass. :D Had to explain blue flags to him. :lol:

IMG_2413.jpg

Also, my 4th is about to get her drivers license and will be driving this :scared: 2004 325xi

2010-11-05151329.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't have thought that my 3rd kid would be the 1st of his siblings to buy his 1st car, way nicer than my 1st car ('78 Ford Granada - about as tough to drive as @mr_lab_rat 's sleeper wagon, regarding the clutch engage :P Thanks again for letting me drive it up to Whistler! ).

My son worked a lot of hours and overtime to get this 1999 528 that's the same age as him, for $3k. I'm still a little skeptical as we've had some expensive repair bills with other BMW's. I'm useless when working on cars, so I've failed as a father on that front. :ouch: Maybe we can learn together. We went karting tonight at k1speed and I gave him hell when I was following him for multiple laps, unable to pass. :D Had to explain blue flags to him. :lol:

Also, my 4th is about to get her drivers license and will be driving this :scared: 2004 325xi

The Beeemers are solid cars and when they are god they are very good but yes, sometimes a very expensive part goes bang and that can really hurt. They are safe cars though and that both the 5 and the 3 looks to be in really good shape 👍

Just picked this up Monday, I shall call her black betty

Very nice, looks great in that colour too. What do they call that model in US? We call them Mondeo's here in the UK and they have been super popular cars for many years here.

Sweet ride Mike, looks like you need it where you are as well 👍

Yeah, I used to have a Vauxhall Insignia but whenever it snowed it was useless & I had to leave it at the nearest village & walk about 2-3 miles home. So decided it made more sense to get something that could get through anything

Yeah, I used to have a Vauxhall Insignia but whenever it snowed it was useless & I had to leave it at the nearest village & walk about 2-3 miles home. So decided it made more sense to get something that could get through anything

Lol, I know that feeling ended up getting a 4x4 for the exact same reason. Love my BMW Z4M but every time we had 4 flakes of snow I couldn't get it out of the garage as it would just spin it's wheels.

I don't have a pic of it available, but I also have one of those family awd Suv's. It is an 17 Inifiniti QX60, or as my son calls it the slow car, and the Q50, the car in my avatar, is the fast car. :lol:

It is nice to have a practical car and then a non pratical car. I drove my Q50 in the snow the other day, even with AWD it wanted to slide all over. I 1/4 throttled it getting on the highway and ended up kicking out at a 45 degree angle at 50 mph. With all the GTS practice I easily maintained control and enjoyed the ride until it straightened back out, my wife, not so much. :lol:

I don't have a pic of it available, but I also have one of those family awd Suv's. It is an 17 Inifiniti QX60, or as my son calls it the slow car, and the Q50, the car in my avatar, is the fast car. :lol:

It is nice to have a practical car and then a non pratical car. I drove my Q50 in the snow the other day, even with AWD it wanted to slide all over. I 1/4 throttled it getting on the highway and ended up kicking out at a 45 degree angle at 50 mph. With all the GTS practice I easily maintained control and enjoyed the ride until it straightened back out, my wife, not so much. :lol:

LOL did you get a punch in the arm :lol::lol:

I'm fairly new here and have been enjoying the time trials, I have a fairly ropey early car history including two Skodas. That is until 2005 when I had my first (and only) brand new car a seat Leon Cupra R, thats where the LCR user name came from. After that I had the car in the avatar pic, a JDM Forester STi tuned by Litchfields, still the best value all rounder I've had.

Forester15.jpg

After that I had a brief spell with a WRX STi before getting the RS6 my current pride and joy second hand in 2016, I think I might be able to afford to run it for one more summer before it breaks me!! Here it is in wedding mode and rubbish tip mode!

RS6wedding.jpg
RS6skip.jpg

Back