GTP_WRS'ers and their ride...

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 658 comments
Dude, you are in for an exciting weekend....

Confirmative :D

She's finished, runs like a dream. Friday night was a bit hard-core, broke the engine in at 4AM, racing started at 9AM :lol:. But pussyfooting style break in is antequated anyhow.... I kept away from the high revs but apart from that I gave it plenty horns! Didn't hurt the engine a bit, more likely the opposite 👍

And man, was THAT a fun day! This is the only recent pic I've got uploaded atm, I need to settle back to normal life again first, then the album will be updated with the finalization of the rebuild as well. I'll throw another pic or two in here as well then....

Finally on the track:
IMG_0357cropped3-4albumtitle.jpg

The engine just before it went in:
P1200034.jpg

Last edited:
OK - Some of you know that I've been going on about this for months. :P

I ordered my Dodge Challenger last October. This was after waiting for about 4 years between the concept first being shown in Hemi Orange, and my chosen color, the classic Plum Crazy, becoming available.

I ordered the R/T Classic package, which comes with a 5.7 Liter Hemi, classic stripes and wheels, and scripted fender badge like the original Challenger. I ordered a 6 speed Manual, and nearly every available option for the car. It has 382 HP at the rear wheels, and 425 Lb. Ft. (575 Nm) of Torque. :eek:

My car was built on February 3rd, and then faced a quality control delay imposed by Fiat, and then a logistics delay, due to inclement weather and a lack of available railcars to bring it west.

After all that waiting, it went on a train on Tuesday, March 9th and was delivered to my dealer today. :D

I stopped on a parking lot that seemed to have a nice backdrop, and only managed a few pics from my Android Phone while it was still light, before making my drive home. So more pics to come, but here is the Purple Beast, in all its glory. ;)

8ab8ad73-1.jpg

34c52051-1.jpg

96a2c62c-1.jpg

In case any of you were wondering, I've got the plates on order as well. Remember, the color is Plum Crazy. And here they are. :)

VanityPlate-3.jpg

I'll be away for the weekend on a long trip, so can only promise that by next week, I'll have plenty more pictures to show everyone, including interior and underhood.

I might even take a quick video so you can hear how it sounds. :D

Hope you like it as much as I do.

:cheers:
Kevin

Well done Kevin 👍 Finally the wait is over! I hope that it'll give you much fun and many happy moments.

Can't wait to read your first reports, and hope that you'll be able to neutralise the horror reports that I read about cornering behaviour of American hotrods :)

Extremely, extremely awesome Kevin, and you know how I feel about muscle cars!:D:D:D

Very, very nice Kevin! Big congrats, beautiful car! I grew up in the U.S. and yes, agewise it slotted right in with the Dukes.... so 'nuff said about my attitude towards the Charger/Challanger :D

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it Kevin.

Could your next trip east be in a car, that car?
Just kidding.

I hope you enjoy your dream car as much as I did mine, the 01GTP.

I hope this is the beginning of your fleet.

Doubly strange considering your main industry.

You might want to have a look at Germany.... every 6th job depends on the automotive industry, yet you get the impression the bloody government is doing everything to kill individual transport...
I feel with you Scandinavians (know your fuel prices :nervous:)

Very nice Kev, looks great! Bet you're glad the waits over now. When are we swapping cars then? :P

Sweet ride Kev - there's a guy I know here that has the orange twin of yours but I gotta say I like the plum far better.

Very nice Kev, looks great! Bet you're glad the waits over now. When are we swapping cars then? :P

Come on Jack, we all know that car wouldn't even fit on your roads. Not to mention, Kev could fit your car inside his engine. :lol:

Will you be getting an aftermarket exhaust so you can really hear that engine growl?

Niiiiice, Kevin :cheers:

I'm sure I can speak for the majority - we're all extremely relieved that the waiting is over :lol:

My wife and all my RL friends feel the same way. :lol:

Can't wait to read your first reports, and hope that you'll be able to neutralise the horror reports that I read about cornering behaviour of American hotrods :)

Slow in, fast out. ;) I'm planning to get coil overs, and the stock suspension handles just fine. Still getting used to the car, so taking more of the point and shoot approach, for now. :P

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it Kevin.

Could your next trip east be in a car, that car?
I'm thinking about taking the Route 66 trip in this car. At the end of that, I'll be closer to you than to home, so, you never know. 👍

Not a chance in hell. :dopey:

Will you be getting an aftermarket exhaust so you can really hear that engine growl?

The 6 Speed comes with upgraded exhaust, so it sounds pretty mean as it is. The wife said she was afraid a couple pictures were going to fall off the wall when I was backing it into the garage last night. :lol:

Thanks to everyone else for the kind comments. EDK is happy as can be. :)

Great pic Ren...congrats on getting it all together....Kev, that is definitely my next company car....she's beautiful.....

Did a session at PBIR yesterday in perfect South Florida weather....PBIR is like a mini Fuji, half technical and half straights. 3rd run was a virtual GT5P competition, Corvette, Caymen, RS8, GT3 and my 911 duking it out for 5 laps...the GT3 lapped us all and that Corvette always caught me at the end of the backstretch, but then I'd lose him in the twisities....great fun and car ran GREAT for a change....

Very nice looking car Kevin, I couldn't imagine seeing one around here. Especially with the steering wheel being on the wrong side :sly:

After Kevin's devastating publishing of his new ride I could not resist to post my new wheels.

Features:
- zero miles on the clock
- matte black paint
- chrome rims
- no-flat tyres
- automatic switch-on lights
- rear-wheel drive
- 3-gear forward drive, manual reverse
- 0-100m and top speed dependable on driver fitness
- adjustable seat level
- adjustable steering wheel level
- backside mountable luggage facility
- rear wheel locking device (anti-burglar)

deruigjes_387.jpg

:D

That sucks spy... but you can borrow mine, i'm not using it since I've got my first car last week :)

@Steven nice bike, you even got an air pump :)

:lol: I was reading through that list and assumed you was on about the Peugeot. Then I was wondering why a 406 had rear wheel drive, when I realised you was on about the bike! :lol:

Nice though Steven. :)

How do you find the time to back it into the parking spot like that? :lol: I bet I could handle that baby better than I do most of the Lotus cars.

LMAO :lol:
Nice one!

You might have added to the extras list:

- Full rear diff lock
- Seat-Helicoils
- Drum brakes with ABS (when they get wet :sly:)
- ASR (unless very fit rider or snowy conditions)

The last three have been beauties; Steven's matt black finish, Ole's stunt trike and Kevin's 'the plumbs'.

If I had to choose my favourite......:lol:

Kevin Ma' Man! That is a sweet ride! I love the license plate too. I sure wish we had the option for 7 characters here in Oregon. Were stuck with just 6 and I hate how I can't have my personalized plate (jumpace) LAME! Guess I'll just have to move to Cali :P

Back