GTP_WRS'ers and their ride...

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 658 comments
It‘s time for somerthing older... :gtpflag:

D8BBA2EF-1B18-4FD2-B840-224501A83880.jpeg

1999 BMW E46 328i, 193 hp, 85000 miles

:cheers:

Hm, I don’t usually name my cars. Except my CRX, that was a “dumpling”. Doesn’t translate to English very well, in Czech it’s also used as a nickname for something small and cute.

I guess the nickname would fit here as well.

The M2 looks shorter than it is because it’s so wide. The length is pretty much identical to the e46.

And the sound, OMG the sound it makes. The optional M Performance exhaust is worth every penny (350000 pennies).

Hm, I don’t usually name my cars. Except my CRX, that was a “dumpling”. Doesn’t translate to English very well, in Czech it’s also used as a nickname for something small and cute.

The M2 looks shorter than it is because it’s so wide. The length is pretty much identical to the e46.

And the sound, OMG the sound it makes. The optional M Performance exhaust is worth every penny (350000 pennies).
Then the WRS Community will name her, and begin everyone!

Edit: my nomination is Bethel!

Last edited:

I nominate Edsel!

@suprajef

After many years of driving family stationwagons I finally obtained the means for something nice. The real goal - a 993 series porsche - was out of reach so I settled for this.
That sounds frustrated but I am in no way. This is such a great little car with fantastic design lines, and the technical setup is just great. Still can't believe it. I love it!

upload_2018-9-17_22-13-11.png

After many years of driving family stationwagons I finally obtained the means for something nice. The real goal - a 993 series porsche - was out of reach so I settled for this.
That sounds frustrated but I am in no way. This is such a great little car with fantastic design lines, and the technical setup is just great. Still can't believe it. I love it!

View attachment 766728

Very nice Steven, hope you have lots of fun in that :cheers:

Welp, after selling my E39 back during the summer I was on the lookout for something new as I just don't feel right owning "just" two cars :D

Finally, 3 weeks ago I found this little fella for sale for a great price in Germany:

1.jpg
7.jpg

Now some of you probably now think I've completely lost it buying an old french tin can (which it really is... :odd:), but bear with me here...

It's a 2000 Clio B RS Phase 1, sporting a 2.0L engine with 169 bhp. It's light, it's got a short wheelbase so it's nimble and it goes like hell. Plus it's got a sports exhaust system and the sound is absolutely fantastic :eek::drool:

I've got quite specific plans for it after I register it properly here in Austria. More to come in the near future :mischievous:

That's a lovely looking ph1. Check out Pure Motorsport if you fancy lightening your wallet on upgrades!

I've got a ph2 182 and it's a lift off oversteering hoot!

Coilovers, 190hp, and then a quaife diff going in over winter. They're great track cars.

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_175546.jpg
    IMG_20181103_175546.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for the tip @_r_p_m_ The things they have do look nice... :drool: Those prices tho :eek:
Your Clio looks good too :dopey:

First of all I'm thinking about Bilstein B14 coilovers, anti-roll bars, polyurethane suspension bushings and a set of 15" OZ Ultraleggeras with Yokohama semi-slick tires. Later on I'm looking at a new set of sports brake discs and pads. Sadly the regulations in the race series don't permit any changes to the engine and drivetrain apart from the air filter, clutch and exhaust system. Also the regulations state the car still needs to be street legal with the modifications which can a problem due to ridiculously strict vehicle examinations here in Austria. :rolleyes:

They're just no fun at all! :irked:

Last edited:
Wife went test driving yesterday. She wants a fun car for the summer. A C300 Sport is not fun enough.

She has always wanted a Porsche (never driven one), but she can be cheap. So she tested a new Miata. Then she drove a Boxster.

She is currently searching for a Porsche (used, no IMS).

My wife has been vacillating about what car she would like to purchase.

Went looking at cars today, mostly Mercedes - AMG c43 sedan, GLA AMG 45, GLC AMG 43 coupe.

She is going Monday to test drive this:

boxster.jpg

Back