GTPlanet Celebrates 20 Years Online!

Congrats GTPlanet and Jordan,
Since 2003 l daily visit this site so there must be something good over here :D:cheers::gtpflag:

Likewise ....one of the websites that visit almost every day and to be honest a few times a day. Used to always look forward to the days when there would be that fresh (new) GT updates on the main page. Now moving more into true sims, so that is not as important.

:gtpflag:Congrats GTPlanet and all involved! :gtpflag:

As a long time member and before that, a long time reader, I would like to thank you for all the efforts and great work here.
In these times of social media platforms, this site / forum thankfully still excists. It's a blessing to read a forum in which you can search and everything is ordered. Great articles and beautiful style. Lots of nice people here.

:gtplanet::gtpflag::gtplanet:Thanks and keep up the good work!:gtplanet::gtpflag::gtplanet:

(my signature does not reflect my love for GTP, it's just some criticism and therefor temporary)

Congratulations GTPlanet! I almost never write on the forums, but I do check this site daily. From Colombia I send greeting to everyone, and special thanks to the staff who work to make this places what it is.

Happy Birthday GTP and congrats @Jordan.

Been a member for about 11 years now, lurking for a little longer.
I'm not the most vocal or active member but GTP has been a part of my daily internet life for a long time now... long may it continue :gtpflag:.

:cheers: to all GTP'ers for helping make this my favorite place to visit.

Congrats to everyone that has made GTPlanet so good for so long. I have been on this site since 2013 and browsing since the late 2000's. Even my dad found a Gran Turismo 3 100% game save from here for me in the early 2000's. GTPlanet has been useful and entertaining for a very long time.

I remember to find this website, to have all the news to the next GT game: Gran Turismo 4.
During GT5/GT6, I had a lot of game pictures, and I wanted to share them. So I finally took the time to create an account, and join th community.

And as same as every previous GT game launch, since 15 years (for me), I come here every night to check if a new little GT news came out.

So thanks, and Happy Birthday :cheers:

PS: If you have some nostalic feelings, here some old school GTPlanet front pages from the past :gtpflag: (2001, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2017)

2001 April:

50878275213_e3cd2c1dc6_c.jpg

2003 April:

50879002281_dc9bfc1121_c.jpg

2006 July:

50879002366_8a63aabff2_b.jpg

2009 February:

50879002596_2b49db79d0_b.jpg

2012 September:

50879002686_0f7eaa60d5_z.jpg

2017 October:

50878299553_10c93d49c4_c.jpg

:gtpflag::gtplanet::gtpflag:
Edit: all these pages, come from "Wayback Machine", this website archive a lot of internet pages. If you want to check the GTPlanet historic, link here : archive.org/web/*/gtplanet.net

Last edited:
I would just like to add a massive Congrats to @Jordan and all the crew at GTPlanet, for putting together a great community for all us Petrolheads worldwide, who know and love GRAN TURISMO!

Props to the OG @Famine for holding the admin fort for so long without falter. :D

I am so glad to be a member of this forum since Gran Turismo 3 & 4 (around 2002), and thus being on here for so long, I would love some bday cake, hehe.
To another prosperous double decade of Racing, Online Fun and Community! :gtpflag:See you folks in GRAN TURISMO 7!

I first joined GTP on July 28, 2003 (under a different name.) We were two years deep into GT3 and GT4 was still about 18 months away. I've enjoyed my 17+ years here. This is a good community. Thanks for hosting it.

I'm 5 months older than this website. My brother is younger than it. The house I live in now wasn't even built when this website was established. That's how old it is.

I remember to find this website, to have all the news to the next GT game: Gran Turismo 4.
During GT5/GT6, I had a lot of game pictures, and I wanted to share them. So I finally took the time to create an account, and join th community.

And as same as every previous GT game launch, since 15 years (for me), I come here every night to check if a new little GT news came out.

So thanks, and Happy Birthday :cheers:

PS: If you have some nostalic feelings, here some old school GTPlanet front pages from the past :gtpflag: (2001, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2017)

2001 April:

50878275213_e3cd2c1dc6_c.jpg

2003 April:

2006 July:

50879002366_8a63aabff2_b.jpg

2009 February:

50879002596_2b49db79d0_b.jpg

2012 September:

2017 October:

50878299553_10c93d49c4_c.jpg

:gtpflag::gtplanet::gtpflag:

I knew how long I lurked prior to joining, but man, seeing it laid out like this...I lurked for a long time before joining. :lol:

Also, nice coincidence to see the literal first article I wrote here in 2012. Holy forkin' shirtballs...

It feels like just yesterday when I started lurking and eventually signed up after constantly seeing it linked on PSU as a source for GT5. It's crazy to think the fan-made forum has outlived the "official" one (it was never really a full forum, just a section sadly).

(pour one out for ForzaPlanet :() and it's all because of this place. Congratulations! Also, put that beer down because you're not old enough.

I miss having a sane place to discuss Forza, I know we have the section here but that site just had a certain vibe to it that made it special. :(

Whew, time has flown by. Congratulations for the milestone @Jordan, I can safely say this has basically been a staple of my life since High school.

2003 April:

Goodness, this takes me back. It was about the time I discovered it and was just looking at it before joining a year later. Insane how much things have changed.

20 whole entire actual years.

How many still-functioning websites even get to claim that one, never mind those that are still growing and still right at the top of their particular sphere?
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. 11 year rookie. Congrats on 20 years of a great friendly racing page to all racers. As a 49 year old casual racer I've been here 11 years out of the 20 years. I have no other racing website I use and I don't need one. Everyone here from sim guys to casual racers have treated me great. Thank you.

2012 September:

Bro... That design :lol::lol:... Memories to the 1st time I've entered here back in 2013 trying to find the differences between the 2 Nismo 400R in GT2 :lol:... Then joining here 19 days before my 2015 birthday to showcase a concept design to give the current Ford GT the GT vibe it had to have from the VERY start! (Hey, I barely changed! :lol:)

Ok, honestly, awesome this website is still open to the world after all these years! It really showcases the influence Gran Turismo (and other games) have on us from the very start, and how that influence rewarded us somehow!! Really looking forward to the next 5 years for the 25th anniversary!! :gtpflag:

@Jordan, you forgot this video in the video!! :lol:

20 whole entire actual years.

How many still-functioning websites even get to claim that one, never mind those that are still growing and still right at the top of their particular sphere?

Ahem...

Last edited:
Back