(GTTCC-7) | GT Touring Car Championship S7 - Danny, Starscream Entrprises, ares and Honda win!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,557 comments

Should drivers who DNF score points for last place possible?

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, full points

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, half points

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope @True-blue-8, he was right haha.
'Two is two too many.'

I believe 'two' refers to the quantity of incidents.

The second two i'm not sure why it's there, but I think 'two too' was trying to say that it was way too many, such as saying you are too too slow. So I think ayrton is trying to say that two incidents is way too many, so it should be 'two is too too many'

Is that right @MC CAULEY ? :lol:

It makes better sense if you use another number... say 6. Ideally, we want no incidents. Therefore, if there are 6 incidents, then there's 6 too many. This could also be phrased as "6 is 6 too many". In your case, you would need to add a comma: "6 is too, too many". And I'm meant to be a physicist. :P

It makes better sense if you use another number... say 6. Ideally, we want no incidents. Therefore, if there are 6 incidents, then there's 6 too many. This could also be phrased as "6 is 6 too many". In your case, you would need to add a comma: "6 is too, too many". And I'm meant to be a physicist. :P
ah, but even when you add a comma, it would be;

'two is two, too many.'
as in the quantity of 2 is too much.

So 'two is too too much' is still a valid sentence, although 'two is too, too many' would be perfect.'

So you're still wrong :lol:

What am I doing with my Saturday nights :lol:

No no no, you're adding the comma to the wrong version. The comma is only needed in the version you say is perfect. "many" and "much" are interchangeable, so both of the phrases I gave are correct. :P

No no no, you're adding the comma to the wrong version. The comma is only needed in the version you say is perfect. "many" and "much" are interchangeable, so both of the phrases I gave are correct. :P
'two is two, too many'

That doesn't even make sense :lol:

That's the one you said, not me. ;)

It's either:

"two is two too many"

OR

"two is too, too many"

Repetition of a word for hyperbolic effect always justifies the use of a comma, as in the second version I just gave. The first doesn't need a comma.

Ummmmm, I think it's 'two is too too many'

See. 2 years getting an English degree to finally use it :lol:

A good idea mate 👍 :lol:

I doubt it. New room before race 1 and slowly call people in so the rejoining doesn't affect things. Hopefully we don't need to make new lobbies then, but yesterday's time schedule was a mess, will make sure it doesn't happen again 👍

See, I was right you numpty :lol:

I believe the correct grammar to be more than 1 is too many! So as to imply that any number greater than one is unnecessary

Nope. But it has enabled me to do a PhD, so that's good. :P
Not as far ahead as you, but you're used to jump starts :P

I believe the correct grammar to be more than 1 is too many! So as to imply that any number greater than one is unnecessary
agreed, but the problem is there are 'too many' uses of the term two/too :lol:

Thats why ash hasn't fully understood what a 'Number too' driver is yet :P

Anyway, on a serious note :lol:

Not a bad night Friday. Had 2 good races, lets not mention the other :lol: However the initial numbers was an issue. It's why I asked people to fill out an attendance form, so next time this will HAVE to be done or you wont get a spot unless you're told, simple as.

Success pens wise, I think it worked well, but am happy to drop it slightly to storm's idea.

regarding the starts they need to be looked at. The grid was way too spread out by lap 1. I think the majority of us prefers standing starts so hopefully we can test to get those back.

But looking forward to Nurb :cheers:

True, I mentioned the other day that I was getting my laptop from repair earlier today. Sadly, they didn't deliver my laptop to the shop today as intended. Providing someone does their job right, I should have it back by Monday, so I'll fill out the attendance form.

What are we doing regarding numbers if more than 16 can attend? and also regarding John's points... Still going on record or are points being reworked?

True, I mentioned the other day that I was getting my laptop from repair earlier today. Sadly, they didn't deliver my laptop to the shop today as intended. Providing someone does their job right, I should have it back by Monday, so I'll fill out the attendance form.

What are we doing regarding numbers if more than 16 can attend? and also regarding John's points... Still going on record or are points being reworked?
That's cool mate, the form will be up Monday/Tuesday anyway.
This time there wont be. A few indy guys are only making a few so they'll be put as 'reserves'. Pretty much the top 16 in the standings (including toshost) will have a spot. We shouldn't have that problem again, as we have 13 people locked in, and the rest who are reliable (duker, xflow) will let me know if they can make it. If they cant then I can find out who fills the remaining spots. Those at the back of the grid who don't let me know before race night and just turn up, like homes and stig wont get a place, simple as. Unfair I know but they caused problems yesterday by doing it, and we need the night to run smoothly. 👍

EDIT - And yes, John's points will not count 👍

Last edited:
Back