(GTTCC-7) | GT Touring Car Championship S7 - Danny, Starscream Entrprises, ares and Honda win!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,557 comments

Should drivers who DNF score points for last place possible?

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, full points

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, half points

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2nd AWOL Warning? I already said that I could do only the Race 1 and not being able to do Race 2 and 3... :grumpy:
You did not fill out the attendance form as asked, so that counts as an AWOL warning. There were 20 people trying to get into one lobby (which resulted in serve issues), and it could have been avoided if you had filled out the form. It's fine you could only make one race, but you did not fill out the attendance form and turned up assuming you had a place (you are only a part time driver too), which also indicates that you did not read the debrief thoroughly, despite liking the post.

👍

You did not fill out the attendance form as asked, so that counts as an AWOL warning. There were 20 people trying to get into one lobby (which resulted in serve issues), and it could have been avoided if you had filled out the form. It's fine you could only make one race, but you did not fill out the attendance form and turned up assuming you had a place (you are only a part time driver too), which also indicates that you did not read the debrief thoroughly, despite liking the post.

👍
I'm sorry then... :(

Next time I will fill out the attendance. 👍

Anyone around tonight? Feeling under the weather and need to sort out my student finance application so I wont be on long, but I want to get a feel for the car/track and hopefully have someone to test starts with for 10/15 mins. I still think standing starts are the way to go, rolling is messy and boring, particularly in small touring cars and at the moment I'd rather see an FR come from the back of the grid to first by turn 1 then rolling starts. I kno some people think double file will be better but it's pretty much the same, the only difference is you'll be left-right-left, and you'll still get people breaking apart. At least with standing starts we can all still be bunched up, and it wont be as boring.

Also with regards to working the box around it, I think regardless of making it shorter/longer, If we can find a gear where it reduces the initial torque then you wont be able to get that back.

But i'll be online for an hour tonight and we'll see what we can do :cheers:

Had a Plan B idea regarding starts. If we do stick with rolling starts, we can do double file, side by side directly, and i'll clall 3-2-1 GO! over a mic?
Would it be too much to just go over the start/finish line? Run single file to allow for some weaving then bunch up and double file once we get to the back straight? If there's issues of too much space during the actual start, we could always go back to the replays during stewarding.

Would it be too much to just go over the start/finish line? Run single file to allow for some weaving then bunch up and double file once we get to the back straight? If there's issues of too much space during the actual start, we could always go back to the replays during stewarding.
From past experience, this is apparently too hard for most people to do. :rolleyes:

The way it looks so far with the FRs, they seem pretty strong on the starts although the pace seems just off the FFs over a single lap. Nissan is a questionable doubt in my mind on this observation however, but I digress...

I'm starting to think of the huge jump at the start thanks to FRs better pulling power out the box, and the effects it would have over the three races. Let's assume 4 of each car...

Race 1: They'd jump ahead at the start, and assuming equal skill level, would mean that they'd just manage to remain ahead of FFs to score strong points...

Race 2: They'd still get ahead initially, but would be swallowed up by the FFs if given a power penalty. Their Quali times wouldn't be strong either.

Race 3: The dangerous disadvantage swings towards the FFs, and with lowered power and slow pull off the line it will mean that FRs will likely dominate... Again, assuming equal skill levels.

Now, I know we have a remedy for this in how we are carrying out initial starts for the FRs by dictating which gear to launch in... But, going forward and looking into next season (providing another one happens) I think that we should put our thoughts into being able to allow such a potent advantage for the FRs without it resulting in drastic measures to nerf.

Yes, its a glaringly obvious advantage, but I know that everyone wants standing starts to be normal for all cars. Perhaps we can discuss this or have a suggestions box/survey to submit?

The way it looks so far with the FRs, they seem pretty strong on the starts although the pace seems just off the FFs over a single lap. Nissan is a questionable doubt in my mind on this observation however, but I digress...

I'm starting to think of the huge jump at the start thanks to FRs better pulling power out the box, and the effects it would have over the three races. Let's assume 4 of each car...

Race 1: They'd jump ahead at the start, and assuming equal skill level, would mean that they'd just manage to remain ahead of FFs to score strong points...

Race 2: They'd still get ahead initially, but would be swallowed up by the FFs if given a power penalty. Their Quali times wouldn't be strong either.

Race 3: The dangerous disadvantage swings towards the FFs, and with lowered power and slow pull off the line it will mean that FRs will likely dominate... Again, assuming equal skill levels.

Now, I know we have a remedy for this in how we are carrying out initial starts for the FRs by dictating which gear to launch in... But, going forward and looking into next season (providing another one happens) I think that we should put our thoughts into being able to allow such a potent advantage for the FRs without it resulting in drastic measures to nerf.

Yes, its a glaringly obvious advantage, but I know that everyone wants standing starts to be normal for all cars. Perhaps we can discuss this or have a suggestions box/survey to submit?

This got argued to death over Season 2 (I'm sure you remember mate), but as I said at the time then, you picked the car, you deal with it. People got free selection and picked Hondas and VWs. You either should've known what you were getting yourself into or taken some more time to make your selection.

This was why the series became one-make for a few seasons, and why Season 4 with the CR-Zs was probably my favourite, because there were no excuses. Same car, no tuning, same tyres. No advantages on starts, no tracks that favoured a particular manufacturer or drivetrain. Just racing.

I do remember, haha! I think people tend to spend more time arguing than finding solutions to it not being so broken.

As I saw it, it didn't end up being AS bad at it appeared because I recall mainly FF dominance.

I chose this Honda despite seeing the Toyota and Nissan spank it hard off the line at every start. My thing is as long as they can be reeled in gradually over the course of a race distance then I have no problems with FR starting normally... :)

From past experience, this is apparently too hard for most people to do. :rolleyes:
That's what was meant to happen anyway. Leader goes on the line and everyone reacts, but no one was, people cant say 'do this, do that' because it has been done, it's just ended up going terribly wrong. There was meant to be space, then people bunch up on the line, however people were doing e.g 70MPH and then wouldn't go when they should and it just made the entire grid spread out. I'd have thought people would be capable of doing it but as star said, no matter what we have done it always ends in problems.

This got argued to death over Season 2 (I'm sure you remember mate), but as I said at the time then, you picked the car, you deal with it. People got free selection and picked Hondas and VWs. You either should've known what you were getting yourself into or taken some more time to make your selection.

This was why the series became one-make for a few seasons, and why Season 4 with the CR-Zs was probably my favourite, because there were no excuses. Same car, no tuning, same tyres. No advantages on starts, no tracks that favoured a particular manufacturer or drivetrain. Just racing.
One of the reason I've picked FR is due to starts and handling. I know there is that advantage which is fine, however this season is worse than ever, it's a massive gap.

But I've done all can. I'm a bit fed up of people moaning about 'do this, do that' regarding the starts when every possible scenario has been tried, and people can not do it correctly. The instructions were clear on 2 occasions and people still did not follow them. For some reason people just cant pay attention to their speed or car in front, and the rule is to accelerate when the leader crosses the line, but again no one could do that right, so there's no point suggesting what is already in the rules and has not been carried out properly.

Honestly, i'm okay with having a normal start (but it is FR cars responsibility to not crash due to their extra speed) and leave as is rather than stressing by explaining the rolling start procedure and no one being able to follow it then people suggesting the current rules, which to me indicates they have not read it.

I'll put a poll up later after work 👍

*cough* One-Make Wednesdays *cough* *cough* ;) :cheers: 👍
I'm up for that, not as many/long as GTTCC but it would be great for close racing like that again.

With or without a power drop?

@True-blue-8 judging by points, i think we could let allow cars to have a little advantage because we don't really know what will happen until race day. Shame no WTCC nordschleife race ;)
With. 👍
Not sure what allow cars is :lol: but I agree, the likes of the Toyota could really benefit from that advantage at the start, and it will allow FR cars at the start of the grid race 1 to be in a good position for points.

Regarding points, I think they look great. Filo had 2 wins and a solid 5th and isn't that far ahead, when usually he would be. The Q points seems to have tightened it up to. Also, noir, danny mike and myself had a non scoring race and we're not that far behind either, if we did score points it would be very close up the top. I think points wise it all looks good and no need for advantages. Although a few people have asked about DNF drivers, and have proposed points for last place, and I thought how would people feel about DNF drivers being put last and scoring half points? (DNF only and must have completed one lap).

Even the FF drivers are in favour. To be honest if we use rolling or standing starts there will be problems, but we may as well keep it simple and stick with standing starts, unless any objections?

I agree with you all that standing starts will be better and us FF drivers will have to deal with being a bit swamped at the start, it doesn't bother me. One thing I will say though is that in practice races, I was getting hit up the back by fast-starting FR drivers a few times, so they should be a bit careful to avoid that happening!

I agree with you all that standing starts will be better and us FF drivers will have to deal with being a bit swamped at the start, it doesn't bother me. One thing I will say though is that in practice races, I was getting hit up the back by fast-starting FR drivers a few times, so they should be a bit careful to avoid that happening!
Yeah I agree, hence why it will be the FR driver's responsibility to avoid a collision (unless someone pulls out if front etc) but hopefully that wont happen I the actual race 👍

What's the last point-scoring position?
15th 👍

Usual system, 20, 18, 16,14,12, 10 then 9 8 7 etc

I don't particularly know what my pace is yet. Haven't managed to put in a good lap on this new setup. I'm down to 2:09.0 though, I think there's about .4-.5 lying around somewhere. :cool:

Well, I wish I could say that my pace was anywhere close to some of these ones, but mid 2:09 is about where I'm at right now...

... with 307 bhp that is.

Had a good session with ares, ives, star, Danny and Ninj... Took the fight to Danny in a 7-lap race but the difference between both our skill and the power difference was crazy. Dan made two mistakes and still caught me with a lap to go!

Last edited:
Well, I wish I could say that my pace was anywhere close to some of these ones, but mid 2:09 is about where I'm at right now...

... with 307 bhp that is.

Had a good session with ares, ives, star, Danny and Ninj... Took the fight to Danny in a 7-lap race but the difference between both our skill and the power difference was crazy. Dan made two mistakes and still caught me with a lap to go!
You two fought hard enough for me to have a 5.9 second gap at the end of lap 2 before I DC'd. :D

Good enough to slow FILO down. :lol:
Good, as long as they do the job and shake up the racing :P

Also, track limits. 2 wheels (inside) must be kept on the kerb at all times. If you abuse this, lift off. Stewards will be watching and if anyone sees anyone doing it please let me know 👍

Back