IMSA | Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge | Revival? See post #622Open 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 654 comments

Please vote on all the selections below.

• Room Open: 10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 5PM UTC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good fun these cars, but I guess Giorgio and Ettick had a coming together of some sorts, as the gap should never have been that big.

The Subaru will always be strong round here with the 4WD giving a nice advantage off of the 2 hairpins and the corkscrew.

The car is already slowest in a straight line so need to be careful not to nerf its top speed too much. The advantage is off the slow corners with the traction, I don't know how you stop that. I appreciate .4 or whatever it was to Gio in quali is too much though so needs something changing, I don't want to race on my own.

Would be interested to hear what times other people manage in the Subaru at Laguna though, I picked a 4WD car for a reason (I'm good in them :P)

I won't be here next week btw, off on holiday.

I spun in front of Giorgio because I clipped the sand on the outside of T6 and he couldn't avoid hitting my car. I was pushing a bit too hard. I also haven't done a serious race in GT6 for a couple weeks, so maybe it was also me being a bit rusty.
Was my first race in a higher class, so I had some issues getting by the ST's cleanly, but it was interesting.
Was a good race, though, I had fun. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

P.S. I love the google docs stuff. It's a great idea, makes everything look professional.

Wasn't there to see it. But generally if a car has a handling advantage it is usually best to add weight to the car to slow the corner speed down. However in that case you will have to add power as well to maintain the straight speed balance... Just an idea based on my experience.. Also I notice that the Subaru is running the big or high RPM turbo, this turbo if he left foot brakes will also allow him to come off the corners with more torque than the competition due to being able to build boost through the turn near corner exit. Like Brake Boosting in a roll race.. Maybe keep the power/weight the same but use the smaller or even stock turbo on the car. This will limit the amount of boost the car is able to make... So theoretically he could have the same top end speed but less off corner torque ;)

Wasn't there to see it. But generally if a car has a handling advantage it is usually best to add weight to the car to slow the corner speed down. However in that case you will have to add power as well to maintain the straight speed balance... Just an idea based on my experience.. Also I notice that the Subaru is running the big or high RPM turbo, this turbo if he left foot brakes will also allow him to come off the corners with more torque than the competition due to being able to build boost through the turn near corner exit. Like Brake Boosting in a roll race.. Maybe keep the power/weight the same but use the smaller or even stock turbo on the car. This will limit the amount of boost the car is able to make... So theoretically he could have the same top end speed but less off corner torque ;)
The off corner torque is the advantage so the lower turbo sounds like a good idea, worth a try 👍

I think the mid and low turbos have more torque than the high rpm one. Just it's lower in the Rev range. Stock turbo with the same power would lower torque for sure.

I think the mid and low turbos have more torque than the high rpm one. Just it's lower in the Rev range. Stock turbo with the same power would lower torque for sure.
Depending how much lower in the rev range the peak torque is, the usable torque from either the low or mid turbo may be lower than the high turbo. It also depends on how much power limiter is used, and how much the driver is short shifting.

I'll mess around with it a bit. I just used the High RPM turbo since the car runs out of breath in higher revs with anything else.

I'll mess around with it a bit. I just used the High RPM turbo since the car runs out of breath in higher revs with anything else.
Try these specs for the scooby- 492pp,354hp/97.1%,1400kg +50. Top speed will be the same as current spec up to 160 MPH.

I am very interested in these races but my brain is hurting from all the info I have to take in. Give me a bit and I will make up my mind.

I am very interested in these races but my brain is hurting from all the info I have to take in. Give me a bit and I will make up my mind.
Lol Devil, I actually thought the same thing in the days when I was registering before the event....but it's all come together now.

I actually thought this series might be "to serious" for me...turns out these are just another group of good people looking to have a little fun. All the rules just make things go smoothly and fair (like we try with the drift comps lol).

I will say, that with all the organization, along with the little details like doing a parade lap with a rolling start, lead my first CTSCC race to be one of the most immersive experiences I've had playing GT...it was great 👍

What class should I be advised to participate in? The GS class is enticing, would love to be seen in an American car but the gearing would surely irritate me.
It's a little different running with a stock gearbox, but I got used to it pretty quick. The cars that use a lot of limiter but are high in torque are make decent use of the stock box if you short shift them.

Midfield sign-up. And........go!

GS Class

ST Class
1. R1600Turbo

GS Class
1. Ettick

ST Class
1. R1600Turbo

Try these specs for the scooby- 492pp,354hp/97.1%,1400kg +50. Top speed will be the same as current spec up to 160 MPH.
Did you see a major difference with these specs? I just ran a 1:15.778 at Midfield with the current specs and stock settings after ~15 laps, then switched to your recommendation and was only 1 tenth slower.

Edit: 1:19.3xx in the Civic on sport softs for a GS/ST comparison.

Last edited:
GS Class
1. Ettick
2. MRDEVIL128

ST Class
1. R1600Turbo

Did you see a major difference with these specs? I just ran a 1:15.778 at Midfield with the current specs and stock settings after ~15 laps, then switched to your recommendation and was only 1 tenth slower.

Edit: 1:19.3xx in the Civic on sport softs for a GS/ST comparison.
No I only did straight line runs. I am a little surprised that +50 kg only counted for .1 sec but it could be the nature of that track too. A point and squirt track like Laguna I bet the gap is bigger.

No I only did straight line runs. I am a little surprised that +50 kg only counted for .1 sec but it could be the nature of that track too. A point and squirt track like Laguna I bet the gap is bigger.
Yeah the slowest corner on Midfield is that hairpin before the 2nd tunnel, the rest I was in 4-6 gears.

GS Class
1. Ettick
2. MRDEVIL128

ST Class
1. R1600Turbo
2. WiiFreak

GS Class
1. Ettick
2. MRDEVIL128

ST Class
1. R1600Turbo
2. WiiFreak