Is Gran Turismo Sport great or disappointment game.

• Thread starter kemmac
  • 112 comments
No ai will ever be as good as competing against another person. For that reason alone this game is amazing. PD has a focus unlike any other driving game on the market and that focus is online racing. Every aspect of GTS was created with this goal in mind.

I literally lol at people who claim PD has lost it's focus or do not know what they are doing. They know exactly what they are doing and where they want to go. Some people just don't want to go with them.
It's focus is online right? Not according to Kaz though, well depending on who he's thinking are listening to his words. So, what is the focus? There's no focus offline, and 85% is offline. It has 3 boring butter smooth ovals, no suitable cars. It has rally cars, but crap rally physics, no rally tracks. This game is not focused, its just a game that is lacking and has multiplayer and side missions.

It's way behind the competition in terms of cars and tracks.

What? If you're talking about modeling details etc, then yes maybe the cars. But not tracks, race tracks are about the road surface too, and in that area GTS is laughable. And that's without mentioning the actual poor car and pathetic track list.

That's on purpose. They designed a game that's easy to play. I don't like Project Cars 2 because its to real to the point of being to hard with no need for it. As the developers say racing isn't meant to he "hard" in real life so why develop a game that over emphasizes the physics to the point of being a hyper exaggeration of reality.
This makes no sense, at all. Pcars is "too real" to the point of being too hard, but developers says racing intent meant to be hard in real life? Also developers do not determine whether real life racing is hard or not.
I'd agree with most of the positive comments here on the game, and some of the negative ones.

For me I'm loving the game, it's a breath of fresh air not to have a tiresome career lasting forever and a day on some grind to supposed completion (don't get me wrong I've done past GTs, Forza's and PCars and largely enjoyed them but the career grind gets tiresome) It's a petrol heads paradise with a great but not exhausting selection of cars and I like the whole calming aesthetic of the menus, social areas and history snapshots.

You've got to laugh at some of the things GT fans say. GTS car list is a paradise for petrol heads? It is anything but a paradise for petrol heads. If you believe it is then just go look at the car request thread. It's just the right amount? Go in Alfa Romeo and Ferraris car selection at brand central then say that with a straight face. A solution to tiresome career mode is a good career mode.

Honestly, it sounds like PD could have given you two tracks and two cars and you would have come up with a reason why it's the right method.

So far, underwhelming for me. I prefer racing offline and the careers of previous GT titles. But I think PD has laid a decent foundation - it just needs a fair number of fixes and significantly more content. I still have my PS3 so I can still play GT5 & 6 whenever I want. That being said, I am planning on picking up a XB1 during Black Friday to give the more recent Forza titles a try (especially FH3). I hope PD will add a course maker and/or some free roam areas to GTS to drive and race in - would certainly add a lot of needed variety. And for the love of God, please let us edit the music playlist!
I personally don't know why you'd even consider going back to GT5 and GT6...

I love GT Sport relative to other racing games on the PS4. Not that it doesn't have its problems, but what game doesn't? I certainly want more tracks and cars but like previous versions, they always left out things in the beginning, so I expect this will change.

Some people disagree with the car handling physics but I find it superior to other games I've tried including Project Cars 2 (which to me seems on the level with GT5), and F1 (although I haven't yet tried F1 2017).

I especially like the look of the game overall. The car modeling and detail is simply superior to other games, especially if you have a 4K HDR TV.

I love GT Sport relative to other racing games on the PS4. Not that it doesn't have its problems, but what game doesn't? I certainly want more tracks and cars but like previous versions, they always left out things in the beginning, so I expect this will change.

Some people disagree with the car handling physics but I find it superior to other games I've tried including Project Cars 2 (which to me seems on the level with GT5), and F1 (although I haven't yet tried F1 2017).

I especially like the look of the game overall. The car modeling and detail is simply superior to other games, especially if you have a 4K HDR TV.

Are you a pad user or do you have a wheel and pedal set?

threadSaid
Is Gran Turismo Sport great or disappointment(?) game?

Two words,
E PIC!

AI is in no way -GTS case- unpredictible or "dirty".
They pretty much follow one line no matter what.They never change lanes,they never change their "brake points",they are not "aware" of the human player (behind or in front of them).They dont defend -even when they face "each other"- the way real people would,they dont attack the way real people do either.
I cannot recall seeing the AI making a mistake and go off track or hard- breaks to keep the can in the track.
If you learn the AI line,its then easy to race against it with zero collisions.This is not what people are going up against in onlne racing.

EDIT:Let me make it more clear.
Does any part of the "single player mode" teach people that when they defend they should change line only one time and never during a corner or when the other car has established a line next to them?
Does in any way teach people that when they attack they should never "lean" over the other car during a corner and use it as their breaks?
Or what the difference between "dive" in the inside and "dive-bomb" is?
Why its wrong to push people out of the track coming from behind?
Or even a more easy one:does the game gives a penalty for cutting track against the AI?

That wouldn't happen to be delibrately false &/or misleading info would it?
Didn't find anything like what you describe in Arcade Single Race.
Haven't even touched the custom race menu yet, this just blows anything PD have done previously away, but they always seem to manage that.
Makes me wonder if you've turned a lap at all?
What is your angle?

Did the 30 minute Interlagos and 4 lap Nurburging Mission Challanges back to back earlier today and the AI seemed very "aware" of me and each other. They are pretty good despite braking early and tapping the brakes in weird areas sometimes.

I agree.
They are still slow in some sections of some tracks, some odd braking here and there, even just bit too slow on some whole tracks in general, but it's quick easy Single Race, they hit some good average's I reckon.
(As I said haven't tried custom race yet, looking forward to it after the mission endurance events).
Does this sound much unlike online racing to you?
I think the only thing missing at this point is a bit more chaos, like some of the GT6 AI packs they threw into the seasonals and later arcade.
But sounds like there is enough chaos online right now if you're desperate.

Even if they are moving a bit slower for an entire race somewhere, I found good close racing to be had somewhere in the field and some rigid defence(usually from the same model vehicle as you're driving funnily enough).
Leader applies good pressure too, teaches you good FF defence against that RCZ thingo, pulls hard out of low speed that thing from what I gather having not sampled it yet.

Whoever is writing this AI stuff is very capable.

I liked the game much more during the first week when the daily races lasted all week ... so all in all the game gets an ok from me.

There is good 25-30 hours of content in SP. Thats no way short by any means. How long anyways you want to race with AI?

Try Sport Mode. Its where the tension,drama and excitement is.

I have done around 15% campaign till now since launch because Sport mode is so great.

You should not pass judgement if you haven't experienced all modes of the game.
You are correct. I have done about 5% of the offline game. Online racing is the way to go in GTS.

Two words,
E PIC!

That wouldn't happen to be delibrately false &/or misleading info would it?
Didn't find anything like what you describe in Arcade Single Race.
Haven't even touched the custom race menu yet, this just blows anything PD have done previously away, but they always seem to manage that.
Makes me wonder if you've turned a lap at all?
What is your angle?

What part of my post is delibrately false or misleading in case of the AI?
That they will not race dirty?That they wont make a mistake if you dont touch them?
That even in pro settings they are not fast?
That racing the AI would not prepare people for online racing?
For your info the i've done a lot in the "single player" modes (until I got bored).
But again:point out what is delibrately false/misleanding in my post.
Either that or apologize -for false accusing another member- of GTPlanet.

EDIT:Also you need to report me for delibrately posting false/misleanding info in the forum,since its against forum rules.

Last edited:
Has become incredibly boring same cars on the same tracks.

To many fantasy fake cars.
Way too many duplicates, just ineptitude or laziness on developers part.
Rally is a total waste, just pointless.

Where's the content when are the content updates coming if ever.

This is another Driveclub, game might become great.

but by then it will already be dead.

Has become incredibly boring same cars on the same tracks.

To many fantasy fake cars.
Way too many duplicates, just ineptitude or laziness on developers part.
Rally is a total waste, just pointless.

Where's the content when are the content updates coming if ever.

This is another Driveclub, game might become great.

but by then it will already be dead.
At least Driveclub had many offline events... For the first time, I'm not keen on to play a GT. GT5 and GT6 had many flaws but I still found a way to have fun playing them. When I start up GTSport, I have the feeling that there is nothing special to do. I can't explain why, GTSport gives me a "GT prologue" vibe.

At least Driveclub had many offline events... For the first time, I'm not keen on to play a GT. GT5 and GT6 had many flaws but I still found a way to have fun playing them. When I start up GTSport, I have the feeling that there is nothing special to do. I can't explain why, GTSport gives me a "GT prologue" vibe.

that's exactly what it feels like.

A Prologue/Academy 1/4r release before the main title drops.

Did the 30 minute Interlagos and 4 lap Nurburging Mission Challanges back to back earlier today and the AI seemed very "aware" of me and each other. They are pretty good despite braking early and tapping the brakes in weird areas sometimes.
Ok now i might say something that will raise some eyebrows now but here it is: AI is definitely better than gt6.
In GT6 you started at the back of the pack with 100+ meters of distance from eachother, in the long run the 3 lap "race" was about catching up with the head of the pack and win. Now i found myself actively "fighting" for my place. Moreover it's as if every car has its own AI and not simply pushed to run in circles around a predefined track; take any GR.4 for a spin on any racetrack and you'll recognize the following personalities
  1. that guy: in almost every race there's someone that spins the car ( and not in a particular difficult turn even)
  2. the slow one (sometimes in pair)
  3. the reckless one: i found this on brands hatch, a gr4 4c that did hawthorn and westfield without braking and was always behind me
it might be just a supposition but maybe there's a chance they're working on a better AI for future use.

It was a disappointment to me. The livery editor is a good touch, but everything else just seems a bit basic. Tuning, driving, weather conditions, tracks, cars, offline, or online. VR Mode was quite the disappointment, but that's not why i got the game.
Having a rear view mirror in all the views would be nice too.

But it does look nice atleast.

That they will not race dirty?That they wont make a mistake if you dont touch them?
For your info the i've done a lot in the "single player" modes (until I got bored).
But again:Point out what is delibrately false/misleanding in my post.

EDIT:Also you need to report me for delibrately posting false/misleanding info in the forum,since its against forum rules.

AI is in no way -GTS case- unpredictible or "dirty".
They pretty much follow one line no matter what.They never change lanes,they never change their "brake points",they are not "aware" of the human player (behind or in front of them).

I didnt/dont record my offline races, and I dont do them anymore, but none of the above is true, but i cannot prove it, and neither can you.

Last edited:
But again:point out what is delibrately false/misleanding in my post.

Can't report you buddy, that would be unfair of me wouldn't it? It could be just plain ignorance on your end, thought I would give you a chance to sort that out at least. Besides, I think it's cowardly to enter via the back door, no?

Anyway, no time for word gymnastics, got better things to do with my spare time as you could imagine right now.
I laid my cards on the table above, invalidating most of the first paragraph I quoted of yours, I'm not going to run you right through it, I at least hope you still retain some level of reasoning to work it out for yourself. Plenty of spacial awareness by AI in that vid.
Got plenty of other vids here, showing some of the other things you mention as well, not contained above, be careful what you ask for.

Whereas, you are yet to play a single card yet(of your own, not someone elses).
Nothing, no evidence of anything, all I see is your mouth still flapping in the breeze. I will wait until such time(suspect I wont be here much longer lol).
edit: also don't forget to include the intent-o-meter in your vid.

So I guess my question still remains,
"That wouldn't happen to be deliberately false &/or misleading info would it?"

Back