Logitech G923 Review: Mainstream Mainstay

No force feed back in the pedals.
I thought that would be a given by now.

Lol was tried and failed on a PS3, but does it work on a PS2???

For me an Thrustmaster T150Pro is the best entry level wheel and a bit cheaper as the G29.

And optional Shifter TH8A is lot better than the G29 Shifter.

Now you have also the optional Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals with magnetic sensors and load cell brake..

For me an Thrustmaster T150Pro is the best entry level wheel and a bit cheaper as the G29.

And optional Shifter TH8A is lot better than the G29 Shifter.

Now you have also the optional Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals with magnetic sensors and load cell brake..
T150 is just a toy to start, of course is cheaper

The external body is the same of G29, it would not be a good idea to modify the body, the wheel need to be good and nice inside.
I didn't test yet, but reading reviews should have a great FBB, much better than G29. Of course the price is a little bit high, but I am sure that in 2-3 months ( black friday ) price will go down. Just to make an example, you can find T300RS GT edition between 370-390 Euros, they are both medium level and cost the same. I have a T300RS with T3PA since 2014, during 6 years I had to replace only the pedals one time, the wheel is still working fine, but at the time of PS3 I had for many years G27 Logitech, both are very good steering wheel. Im am sure Logitech will sell a lot of G923.

Last edited by a moderator:
T150 is just a toy to start, of course is cheaper

The external body is the same of G29, it would not be a good idea to modify the body, the wheel need to be good and nice inside.
I didn't test yet, but reading reviews should have a great FBB, much better than G29. Of course the price is a little bit high, but I am sure that in 2-3 months ( black friday ) price will go down. Just to make an example, you can find T300RS GT edition between 370-390 Euros, they are both medium level and cost the same. I have a T300RS with T3PA since 2014, during 6 years I had to replace only the pedals one time, the wheel is still working fine, but at the time of PS3 I had for many years G27 Logitech, both are very good steering wheel. Im am sure Logitech will sell a lot of G923.

The T150 "toy" has helicoidal gears (as g29) + belt drive as the T300,
It gives already a smoother and better FFB as the G29 which technology is already 15 years old using the same FFB as the G25.
BTW,g29 is an entry level wheel,just as the t150.

It has 1080 of rotation as and you can change rotation on the fly, thing you could do on a g27, but anymore on G29 .

An t300 you can find them easily at 290-300€ and is quite a lot better in FFB than a G29

The G29.3 is the same wheel but with a sound based vibrations system copied from the Thrustmaster T-GT
Nothing really worthy for the price they ask.

I also played with an G27 (last real good wheel from Logitech,now they are completely outdated) and also played with an G29, the T150, is better in FFB,more detailed and smoother.

Now if I've got to upgrade it's directly to an Fanatec,also belt driven (or direct drive if you can afford it)

I don't now if the G29.3 will sell a lot, quite overpriced for the same helicoidal gears motor of the G25/27 with a sound based vibrations system

Would definitely go for a t300, specially now that it comes with the t3pa bundle at 280-€300. It seems to be the inevitable choice, even now for the next generation of consoles, and still on PC.

I have had a t300 GTE since 2015, and despite some little shortcomings which all of them I was able to fix, it is still the best wheel in that price range when it comes to ffb.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed that this wheel isn't a big step up from previous versions. I want to upgrade my setup and I wanted to go with Logitech again, but this is hardly an upgrade from the G29.

I'm curious how true force feels in GTS compared to the G29 though. My G29 is pretty lackluster, you don't really feel the road unless you are driving over curbs, even the DS4 gives more feedback.

"Should last just as long as all its predecessors"

That's a damning indictment of the new one for sure. At least for me it is.

Between three of us I think we tallied up 7 within the two year warranty period. A combination of throttle potentiometers and the button controls bugging out means that one of us switched on the replacement to Thrustmaster and the two remaining (me being one) won't replace with another Logitech device.

Overall, a great starter wheel that's mass-produced and designed to last the warranty period.

I should also point out that all of us are casual 2-3 times a week evening players, nothing strenuous.

"Should last just as long as all its predecessors"

That's a damning indictment of the new one for sure. At least for me it is.

Between three of us I think we tallied up 7 within the two year warranty period. A combination of throttle potentiometers and the button controls bugging out means that one of us switched on the replacement to Thrustmaster and the two remaining (me being one) won't replace with another Logitech device.

Overall, a great starter wheel that's mass-produced and designed to last the warranty period.

I should also point out that all of us are casual 2-3 times a week evening players, nothing strenuous.
As I mention in the clip, I've only not got a G25 any more because someone in the (extended) family bought it off me to play Truck Driver - and that thing survived the GT5 Red Bull X Challenge. The G29 has had its foibles - the downshift paddle particularly goes through spells of not wanting to change down, or to change down twice, but then it goes for months of being fine - but again, that's only on the shelf now after... however long because G923. I only took the pedals apart once to get the awful foam block out.

I think in our LAN group, we only had one set of even DFGT pedals chuck a six, ever...

... but I have heard of people who just get nothing but lemons from the brand. It's not my experience, so not something I could talk about with any authority, but also not something I'd dismiss.

The G29 has had its foibles - the downshift paddle particularly goes through spells of not wanting to change down, or to change down twice, but then it goes for months of being fine -

Happened to my G25 as well. The problem is the weak spring that is used to put the shifters back into position. I modded them by adding coil springs. Works fab now.

Well, I went to CWW2.5 anyway.

I´ll stick with my g29 that i bought last year in novembre.
I wonder why my g29 have the same blue metal on the center of the wheel and my throttle pedal have the same shape/design has this new G923.
I compared mine with other G29 and its diferent in that those 2 aspetcs :confused:

I wonder why my g29 have the same blue metal on the center of the wheel and my throttle pedal have the same shape/design has this new G923.
I compared mine with other G29 and its diferent in that those 2 aspetcs
As I mentioned in the video, the blue bit of my G29 flaked off pretty early in the wheel's life - to the point where I almost thought it was one of those blue dust cover things you find on new electronic items that you're supposed to peel off and I just hadn't peeled it off.

The throttle pedal is the same... I just mounted my G29's upside-down as an experiment, and never bothered to change it back.

Haha thanks, yes the pedal shape its the same only orientation is changed. Was a bit curious.
They kept all exterior shapes/design so no more cost associate with it, true force seems to give a little more immersion, must check the review again.
Since they updated the electronics and now the wheel can receive and send more information to the console/pc i wonder if the dial that we can rotate will be more precise.
At least in GT sport i have it assigned to travel between front/rear balance values., brake bias, fuel maps etc and when im turning or when theres to much inputs that dial doesnt work has intended.
Don´t use it in any other game maybe its only a GTS problem.

Between the console version ACC, PC3, and now this wheel, I've seen an amazing amount of hate for these products. And it seems to be mostly from people that have no intention of buying them. What's with that?

There's already been a $200 reduction in the price in Australia, which is much needed if it's to be in the slightest bit competitive with other available wheels, but at $600 it's still $150 more than the older G29/920.

And to get it into hands faster, since announcing the new wheel two weeks ago at $799,95, a decent reduction in price sees it now offered at an RRP of $599.99 (and $699.90 for those in NZ).
https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car-news/logitechs-new-g923-might-be-what-you-need-in-lockdown/

Logitech g923 400€

Fanatec CSL elite 550€

For 150€ more you get wheel that is 3x more powerful (2nm vs 6nm),belt driven, much smoother, bigger rim, better quality and overall MUCH better in every way. Even pedals are better(+ you have upgrade path to loadcell pedal).

With G923 you will eventually upgrade to something more powerful(tspc/tgt or fanatec) but CSL elite is enough for most people, unless you wanna upgrade to direct drive.

G923 is a nice entry level wheel but its not worth it 400€

A good review of a solid entry level wheel but as a current G29 user, there's nothing for me to get excited about.

Make something that can compete with a T300 with Logitech's quality control (Thrustmaster's scares me) and I'll be very interested in upgrading to it. Especially if it's priced competitively.

As a newb to racing sims - I have used a Thrustmaster T80 in the past and it was/is awful to steer, brake, and accelerate with, haha - how does this G923 compare to a Fanatec CSL Elite? I think my wife will *finally* let me part with some cash to get a wheel and stand, and wonder which of these (the Fanatec vs the G923) represents the better value for a new player/buyer.

As a newb to racing sims - I have used a Thrustmaster T80 in the past and it was/is awful to steer, brake, and accelerate with, haha - how does this G923 compare to a Fanatec CSL Elite? I think my wife will *finally* let me part with some cash to get a wheel and stand, and wonder which of these (the Fanatec vs the G923) represents the better value for a new player/buyer.
Yeah the T80 is a bungee cord wheel that pretty much any belt, gear or combination of both wheels would crap on in terms of feel. The G series wheels have always been pretty reasonable for a lower end starter wheel, whereas the Fanatec wheel is imo a step up from the G923 (I think it's about 2nm compared to about 6nm of torque for the CSL Elite) but it's also a step up in price, especially if you want three pedals. The other bonus with the Fanatec is that it's part of an ecosystem that has many possible choices of wheels and pedal sets, something that's not possible with Logitech systems.

I wish I'd gone with something else, like the Fanatec. Ultimately once all the reliability woes are over there's still a wheel that can't be upgraded really.
I've done a shifter mod that I enjoy, with stiffer shifting and metal knob (feels fantastic, ooer) and upgraded the springs in the pedals to get a better brake feel. But I'm really only doing basic updates, unlike Thrustmaster and Fantec which both have multiple wheel options.

Fanatec would be my choice now to be honest.

Latest Posts

Back