Maintenance Notice this time for GT6 thank God!

• Thread starter zlays
  • 625 comments
It's nice that some small things were changed/added like the ability to copy Setups (especially this), race karts on full weather tracks, more advanced searches, etc. But where in the hell are the big updates for things like the community features, b-spec, track creator and where is our TRACK THAT WAS PROMISED LAST MONTH? Not a word from them...

I didn't expect much. I wasn't even sure we would actually get an update. So this is what I think:

- The additions to the online lobbies are nice. The online mode still needs plenty of work.
- The triple monitor support is the biggest feature. Unfortunately I won't be able to use it
- Karts on all tracks and tuning options for them is great for those running the karts frequently. Why wasn't it available from the start?
- Copy in tuning sheets is nice but the tuning section is still lacking quite a lot of functionality.
- The car search function is nice but this really isn't exactly groundbreaking. How long did that take to implement? 3/4 hours?
- Clothing sorted by colours. Finally, that was on the top of my pressing issues list. Really? I mean really? Are they freaking serious? I guess GT does have unique features after all.
- M4 in frozen black? And you can't even get the paint chip? Great new car addition. I am gonna file that one in the same folder as the C7 Gran Turismo tune and the Merc VGT Racing.

The last two points are actually so funny, you'd thing it is something out of a satire rather than what actually happened.

Overall I'd summarize the update as baby steps. Too little for the long wait if you ask me. As @Lawndart said it probably really didn't take a lot of man hours. I am still wondering why the delay for this kind of tweaks (the only new feature is really the multi-monitor support)?

Is it just a little something to keep us engaged and they are still working on the big update that for some reason keeps being delayed? Were they busy with fixing the hacking?

I like the new car search button! It helps fill a small void in the menu and works pretty well too, bit disappointed over the lack of the Zahara track but I'm sure it will come eventually, (they really should have never told us it existed, so we wouldn't be anxious)

I'm thinking Zahara and a VGT may appear on Thursday when the seasonals are updated.

- M4 in frozen black? And you can't even get the paint chip? Great new car addition. I am gonna file that one in the same folder as the C7 Gran Turismo tune and the Merc VGT Racing.

That M4 is our promise monthly DLC......:bowdown:

Just shows that people shouldn't get their hopes up. I knew PD would give us some 'great' addition i.e. the same car we already have, just in a different colour. I wonder if the 'new' M4 is going to be categorised as a new premium model to add to the existing car count? :D

Well got updated and we now get....

- Drift trials, time trials and Free Runs are available as lobby room modes.

- Racing Gear in the shop is now Arranged by colour.

- A Multi-Monitor function has been added.

Go to Options > Display > Multi-Monitor Settings to enable it.

Also car search feature implimented in home screen to. It is now possibl to search for a car with specific parameters within the dealerships.

Tuning options for for karts expanded for all tuning stuff, traction control, skid recovery and brake balance.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Zahara and a VGT may appear on Thursday when the seasonals are updated.

When developers make a new map or a new feature, they make an announcement with a trailer.

PoDi announced nothing so we can't expect anything.

Zahara isn't completed. And it isn't a surprise for me, 27 km, larger than the Ring.
Then we knows perfectionism developers ... it can't go fast.

Meanwhile, 1.05 is a nice update with additions that improve playing comfort :)

Features - as B-SPEC, track editor, etc - are still listed on the official site so they will come.

Just be patient.

the car search function don't work so well.. searched for some cars and add a filter for the year before 1979 and I got some intruders.. the junior kart,the Spoon Cz,some TC cars.. :lol:

the car search function don't work so well.. searched for some cars and add a filter for the year before 1979 and I got some intruders.. the junior kart,the Spoon Cz,some TC cars.. :lol:
Because they don't have a year.
__
I'm pretty happy that PD actually did something. I'll be playing with the new features for about a week until waiting for 1.06. :P

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back