Pacquiao vs Mayweather Jr.

Who will win?

• Total voters
Mayweather did what he should, moving and counterpunching.And he did it very well.After the first round Manny realised that he couldn't box from distance because floyd was picking him with single shots.So he closed the distance and started to use combinations whenever he had floyd in front of him which it was hard to do.Generally what i saw was floyd's winning rounds were more clean to score but manny won more rounds(close rounds but more than floyd's).For me floyd didn't do enough to win the fight and for the first time i saw compubox scoring punches that were landing on manny's gloves.Both sky and hbo commentaries where hyping floyd.
i saw the fight on replay,not live and i read a lot of articles before i watched it.I thought that floyd was the clear and easy winner but when i saw the fight i was very sceptical.I scored it for manny(very close decision)and the best i would give to floyd was a draw.
Just my opinion.

I personally thought the fight was way to close to have a clear cut winner as neither fighter looked remotely hurt by it's conclusion.

With that said, boxing has always been about the challenger doing enough to take the belt from champion. I didn't see Manny do that at all.

With that said, boxing has always been about the challenger doing enough to take the belt from champion. I didn't see Manny do that at all.
Except it was Manny's WBO belt that was on the line. Mayweather didn't put anything up except for Ring Magazine's Pound for Pound title, which isn't an officially sanctioned belt to begin with. Manny should have had championship advantage, but Mayweather had the green advantage.

Speaking of the WBO Welterweight championship, the WBO actually had some balls and stripped Mayweather yesterday of the Welterweight (147 lbs) championship that he won from Manny. The issue was that Mayweather is also the Junior Middleweight champion, and since you can't be a champion in two different weight classes, something that can be avoided by dropping the 154 pound titles and paying a $200,000 sanctioning fee (both of which Floyd didn't do), the WBO has stripped him of the 147 championship.

Timothy Bradley is rewarded the interim championship in his recent performance against Jesse Vargas Saturday.

UPDATE: The formal announcement from the WBO to strip Floyd Mayweather of the 147 pound title and awarding it to Timothy Bradley may come as early as Monday. This according to ESPN. It was also revealed through this reporting that the WBA and WBC are breaking their own rules by allowing Mayweather to hold both of their 147 and 154 pound titles at the same time, and that may have been motivation for Mayweather to push the WBO into submission. Let the record state that currently, Floyd holds the 147 from the WBO, WBA and the WBC, and the 157 from the WBA and the WBC. This would also mark the first time in recent memory that a titlist has been stripped of his title.

Last edited:
Except it was Manny's WBO belt that was on the line. Mayweather didn't put anything up except for Ring Magazine's Pound for Pound title, which isn't an officially sanctioned belt to begin with. Manny should have had championship advantage, but Mayweather had the green advantage.

If you want to be technical, Mayweather put his undefeated record on the line against an opponent many believed (myself included) would knock Mayweather out. Mayweather also took this fight to shut the critics up and while the fight was not exactly as I expected Manny took the loss.

UPDATE: The formal announcement from the WBO to strip Floyd Mayweather of the 147 pound title and awarding it to Timothy Bradley may come as early as Monday. This according to ESPN. It was also revealed through this reporting that the WBA and WBC are breaking their own rules by allowing Mayweather to hold both of their 147 and 154 pound titles at the same time, and that may have been motivation for Mayweather to push the WBO into submission. Let the record state that currently, Floyd holds the 147 from the WBO, WBA and the WBC, and the 157 from the WBA and the WBC. This would also mark the first time in recent memory that a titlist has been stripped of his title.

Last I checked Mayweather gave up his belts already so this "bold move" by these boxing organizations means little.

http://www.si.com/boxing/2015/05/03/floyd-mayweather-relinquish-titles-manny-pacquiao-defeat

Check the date on that article. That was from May 3, the day after the fight. Two months of inaction on the fate of the 154 pound titles is reason enough to strip him of the 147 pound belt that he won from Manny.

Oh, I saw the date. I also so what Mayweather said...

Other fighters need to get a chance," Mayweather said. "I'm not greedy. I'm world champion at two different weight classes right now. ... It's time to let other fighters fight for the belt."

"I think Monday, I'm going to relinquish all belts. I made a decision in the back that my last fight might not be a championship fight. I'm going to give up all the belts. It's still going to be a 12-round fight, but I'm going to relinquish all the belts Monday."

Factoring in how Mayweather has one more fight, I believe that Mayweather formally being stripped of his belts is an afterthought to him.

It's a done deal. Pending an appeal (July 20th is the deadline set, per WBO appeals rules), Floyd Mayweather Jr. is no longer the WBO World Welterweight Champion, the WBO World Championship Committee voted today for holding two titles across two weight classes at the same time (see post #214 in this thread for which titles), and failure to pay a $200,000 sanctioning fee.

Read the whole ruling here:

http://www.wboboxing.com/resolution-to-vacate-wbo-title-of-floyd-mayweather/

Breaking news!

Flomos, sorry to burst your bubble but

On the eve of his record-breaking megafight with Manny Pacquiao on May 2, pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather took an intravenous injection of saline and vitamins that was banned under World Anti-Doping Agency guidelines, according to a report by SB Nation on Wednesday.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...nned-iv-manny-pacquiao-fight-according-report

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-under-radar-over-usada-iv-scandal--95622

This is only the beginning. It's all down hill from here for Floyd and his precious Money Team. The charade is over.

hard work and....MEDICATION

-------

This is a post from a user on the facebook group Thunderdome Boxing Talk. Totally spot on:

This is what I've been talking about even before the fight. Floyd Mayweather has all the advantages on that fight. Venue advantage, Referee advantage, Judges advantage, How the drug-testing should be done advantage, Drug-testing agency(under his pocket) advantage, Date advantage(announced it whenever he wants so opponent will have few week prep only), and many many other.
Now I want to focus on the Durg-Testing Agency advantage. First of all Floyd always say "I just want to fight on an equal footing", anyone who believes this phrase of him is an idiot. Focusing on the Drug Agency, how the hell can the fight be on an equal footing if the Drug Agency conducting the Drug Tests for the megafight works under your pocket? Manny Pacquiao was tested 13 friggin times in less than 2 months. And you Floyd we don't even know if you were really tested for PED use since the Drug Testing Agency WAS UNDER YOUR POCKET! And one more thing if you lose that fight you can make this Corrupted Drug Testing Agency release a result of a positive Drug Test on Pacquiao EVEN THOUGHT HE IS CLEAN making the world to believe on a bs!
OR if ever you won the fight you can order the Corrupted Drug Testing Agency to release a result that YOU ARE BOTH CLEAN even though YOU(FLOYD) ARE NOT CLEAN, again making the world believe on another bs. Its a win-win situation for you Floyd. YOU-ARE-THE-DIRTIEST-FIGHTER FLOYD! Some are only dirty inside the ring(inside of boxing) BUT YOU, YOU ARE DIRTY INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF BOXING(INSIDE OF BOXING).

-------

And for those who still don't believe Manny won that fight at the points:

Last edited:
The IV itself isn't the problem, it's the fact that he could have taken it to hide other substances. If it wasn't for that piece of info, this wouldn't even be newsworthy.

The IV itself isn't the problem, it's the fact that he could have taken it to hide other substances. If it wasn't for that piece of info, this wouldn't even be newsworthy.

I don't think it is anyways. The USADA have already made their statement.

It probably would have been news regardless simply because it involved Mayweather and especially because it pertained to the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...-andre-berto-live-updates-20150912-story.html

Unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. improves to 49-0 with a unanimous-decision victory over former champion Andre Berto (30-4) tonight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Mayweather thanked God and the fans for the victory and added that Berto has heart.

"My career's over. It's official," Mayweather said in the ring. "You've got to know when to hang it up."

Back