Mercedes teases "Vision GT concept"

• Thread starter Ranman20
  • 395 comments
While there is room for ambiguity, the quote nowhere states the 2 versions of the car will be featured in the game. Not that I don’t want them, but you can only fall as high as your hopes are. By precaution it’s safer to consider the fixed wing version will be alone. As others have already pointed, the virtual and real-world replica may have slipped at a given time where adjusting things may have become impractical. It’s not like PD has this only car in the oven right now. Anyway, this leaves room for yet another update.

I'm assuming that the race car will be the car we may drive first, then the built prototype may come later, similar situation as the Citroen GT road car, though that had time to get into the game by launch

I'll go to the airport in that car with no problems.:lol::)

SLS.jpg

Edit: actually chances are I'll drive to my destination.:embarrassed:

Is anyone else massively excited about the potential for the Vision GT thing? It's something absolutely wonderful. Here we have some of the most talented designers in the industry creating these dream cars which can then be experienced within the game. I think it's the best thing that's happened with GT (much more interesting than GT-Academy) since the game debuted.

I feel like this can actually have an effect on the real automotive landscape as well. I mean, we would have never received the Evo, Sti, or GT-R in the US without Gran Turismo. It does have the capability to change the real world.

Not that excited if all they can produce will be fantasy cars that would be virtually undrivable in real life, like the Mercedes VGT, which must have only a few millimeters of suspension travel at most.

I don't know if someone pointed this already, but in the Gran Turismo website (Portuguese version) it says that there will be 20+ companies participating in the Vision, 18 confirmed, 1 we don't know how is it going (Lexus), so we can expect in the future maybe more 1 or 2 companies.

Not that excited if all they can produce will be fantasy cars that would be virtually undrivable in real life, like the Mercedes VGT, which must have only a few millimeters of suspension travel at most.

That's the whole point of it being in a video game though! It's like Ridge Racer, but designed by people who do it for a living. It's just raw design fantasy, and it's amazing. I can't wait to see all of the vision cars, it's now probably my favorite thing about Gran Turismo.

That's the whole point of it being in a video game though! It's like Ridge Racer, but designed by people who do it for a living. It's just raw design fantasy, and it's amazing. I can't wait to see all of the vision cars, it's now probably my favorite thing about Gran Turismo.
But this is Gran Turismo and I'm not looking forward to driving arcade looking cars with totally made-up driving behavior. As it is, if the Mercedes VGT can be competitively driven in GT6, then it would be even less realistic than the X20xx Red Bull cars or to put it differently it would mean that it has been physically modeled in a way that doesn't reflect the specs that the car would end up have in real life due to its extreme body design.

But this is Gran Turismo and I'm not looking forward to driving arcade looking cars with totally made-up driving behavior. As it is, if the Mercedes VGT can be competitively driven in GT6, then it would be even less realistic than the X20xx Red Bull cars or to put it differently it would mean that it has been physically modeled in a way that doesn't reflect the specs that the car would end up have in real life due to its extreme body design.

You can't say that for sure.

I also don't like 'fantasy' cars because more often than not, their characteristics and performance is unrealistic e.g. Amuse S2000 GT1 in GT5 that takes Enzos to the cleaners :rolleyes:

The GT5 version (GT1) is. The 394hp '04 model existed but the premium one was a concept car that was never finalized because the guy who created it died prematurely.

it took him too long to model.

To the people who don't like the idea...you guys are too stuffy. Just because GT is a driving simulator, It can't have concept cars that can be driven? That's weird. As long as the concept cars handle realistically and follow the laws of physics, I see no problem with them. They could actually be fun to drive, and I like to have fun when I play video games.

To the people who don't like the idea...you guys are too stuffy. Just because GT is a driving simulator, It can't have concept cars that can be driven? That's weird. As long as the concept cars handle realistically and follow the laws of physics, I see no problem with them. They could actually be fun to drive, and I like to have fun when I play video games.

That's just it, though. How do we know that the driving characteristics of those cars are accurate in GT? Take the Isuzu 4200R- I doubt PD took it out for a spin so we don't really know if the way it behaves in the game is how it would behave in reality. Or the Mitsubishi ISR Concept? or whatever that late 80's/early 90's car was called.

Back