Mercedes teases "Vision GT concept"

• Thread starter Ranman20
  • 395 comments
I still think it looks fantastic. When we originally saw this a few days back I did not think, for whatever reason, that we could paint the wheels. Thankfully we can and seeing the car in different colours has given me some ideas for schemes..

Have these already been posted? I don't know the source, sorry.

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-1.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-2.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-3.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-4.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-5.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-6.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-7.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-8.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-9.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-10.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-11.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-12.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-13.jpg

The more I look at these tires, the more I find it undrivable: how can you seriously turn this thing? (no space between the tire and the car body!)... no suspension travel possible either... yep, UNDRIVABLE...

The more I look at these tires, the more I find it undrivable: how can you seriously turn this thing? (no space between the tire and the car body!)... no suspension travel possible either... yep, UNDRIVABLE...
Psst. Don't tell Mercedes Benz or Kazunori!

I really want to know the car's drivetrain. I assume MR or FR; 4WD would be cool though.:eek:

I think it was posted a few pages ago, but I'm pretty sure someone said it has a front-mid engine.

*Looks through past pages*

Ah, here we go:
It's a front engine car. http://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-benz/2013-vision_gran_turismo_concept/

"Purist interior dedicated to speed

..., the AMG V8 front-mid engine." at the end of this paragraph.

Unless I'm missing something it doesn't say anything about drive wheels, though I think FR is a safe assumption.

I think it was posted a few pages ago, but I'm pretty sure someone said it has a front-mid engine.

*Looks through past pages*

Ah, here we go:

Unless I'm missing something it doesn't say anything about drive wheels, though I think FR is a safe assumption.
Thank you for the info. When I read that, I guess I didn't notice that.

I have to say, this is a gorgeous car! The wheels are definitely not to my taste, nor suit the car if you ask me, but the proportions, the design, the features, just stunning. I love the integration of the exhaust with the taillights. Without this, the back end would be sort of boring. The flow of the surfaces really makes this car unique. There is very little to break up the flow, yet it's not boring, flat, and there aren't gigantic surfaces that put things out of place or out of proportion. It would be nice if this turns out to be a joy to drive in the game, but if not, I think it's worthy of several Photomode shoots!

Who's excited to try this on day one? and yeah @Dude27 When i get this car on GT I am going to test its turning radius. lol.
If it's available Day 1 I'll be driving it. With the Anniv. Cars and this, new tracks and physics, I'll have lots to do for days before even tackling any kind of event.

Interesting. According to this, in the game there will be a variation of the original AMG VGT, the AMG VGT "Racing Series" :
Gran Turismo 6 players will soon be able to choose an alternative version of the virtual Mercedes-Benz super sports car. The "Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series" offers further enhancements over the regular show car which was presented as physical 1:1 model in California [LA Auto Show]. To ensure perfect downforce and therefore great handling stability in tough racetrack conditions on PlayStation 3, the Racing Series has a fixed rear spoiler while the show car version has an extending variant of this integrated into the boot lid.

I'm wondering if GT6 will use the dynamic LEDs in the radiator grill. In one of the screens 8 of the LEDs were on together with the headlights, but it would be really cool if it would be possible to let them show custom patterns (a la Yas Marina hotel) :)

It´s a piece of art. I really like the Car 👍

But after watching the Video I saw the "WRX" Spoiler on it. It definately kills the flow of the Car. Hopefully it is an aftermarket part because I dislike it 👎

Don't know how it will handle a bump :D, those insane ~25" rims that practically lick the wheel arches... either way, I love this thing for its cool design and ridiculous LED grill, just when I thought daytime running lights couldn't get more extreme :boggled:

Back