Modified Track Path Editor + Tracks/Discussion

Ye, I just built Hakone Nanamagari and the hairpins are kinda sketchy in some points. Plus, I'm not sure how the camber angle affects the road. Is it to apply banking to the curve? Same with Sectors, Corner Threshold and Road Length factor.
"Road Length Factor" is just a way to increase/reduce the track meshed numbers (so track road resolution).
Basic rule is a Road Mesh is 100m length that you can adjust between 50m (useful to have good resolution for tight corners) and 200m (200m can help to keep very long tracks inside PS3 memory).
(@eran0004 if you supply a function returning the track in a table (distance, length, radius (-1 or any id = straight)) inside the code, it should be possible to elaborate on a variable length solution, even adapt the type in corners) May be even to get rid of the slider and, in a second step, add automatically well located curbs which are a pain to add and easy to remove).

When going to hairpins you need to manually edit the ted file to increase the mesh resolution like
20m IN/40m MIDDLE/20m OUT or something equivalent
to allow the road texture to bend properly (lengthes depend on the radius).
(Edit 2 : If you have a very tight bending and your texture is overlaping the road, you need to use TIGHT_ROAD 1/2/3 which narrow the texture part outside the track and also restrict decorations usage at the same time)

Camber is a banking of the track segment would it be curved or straight.
You need either to have a long enough entry segment or to bend on several segments to allow a smooth banking of the track.
A good example of what can be done is Monza 1960 by Mr Grumpy
A good description of the way to proceed has been given in those post:
That i have applied for Autodrome of Linas-Montlhéry
The banking is not parabolic, so don't go to values like 30° or more, otherwise if your car drops on the lower side of the track you will be stuck against the rail.
(Edit 1: for corners little/natural banking, you can use the sliders inside the track editor that will affect globally the behaviour of the all the corners of your track)

Last edited:
"Road Length Factor" is just a way to increase/reduce the track meshed numbers (so track road resolution).
Basic rule is a Road Mesh is 100m length that you can adjust between 50m (useful to have good resolution for tight corners) and 200m (200m can help to keep very long tracks inside PS3 memory).
(@eran0004 if you supply a function returning the track in a table (distance, length, radius (-1 or any id = straight)) inside the code, it should be possible to elaborate on a variable length solution, even adapt the type in corners) May be even to get rid of the slider and, in a second step, add automatically well located curbs which are a pain to add and easy to remove).

When going to hairpins you need to manually edit the ted file to increase the mesh resolution like
(Edit 2 : If you have a very tight bending and your texture is overlaping the road, you need to use TIGHT_ROAD 1/2/3 which narrow the texture part outside the track and also restrict decorations usage at the same time)

Camber is a banking of the track segment would it be curved or straight.
You need either to have a long enough entry segment or to bend on several segments to allow a smooth banking of the track.
A good example of what can be done is Monza 1960 by Mr Grumpy
A good description of the way to proceed has been given in those post:
That i have applied for Autodrome of Linas-Montlhéry
The banking is not parabolic, so don't go to values like 30° or more, otherwise if your car drops on the lower side of the track you will be stuck against the rail.
(Edit 1: for corners little/natural banking, you can use the sliders inside the track editor that will affect globally the behaviour of the all the corners of your track)

Ok, it's starting to make sense now. I applied this info on The Tail of the Dragon and now it's much better looking.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/RestoMod_R16/course/2799314/

Also, I'm not sure by what you mean on the slider part

Also, @eran0004 I'm trying to work the deco editor. Yet, I don't even know where to begin on loading the ted.

Also, @eran0004 I'm trying to work the deco editor. Yet, I don't even know where to begin on loading the ted.

To load a ted file:
my_track = loadTed()

To save a ted file:
exportTed(my_track)

To add a decoration:
add_deco(keys, distance, side, justify)

To add multiple decorations at once:
add_decos(keys, startdistance, enddistance, side, chance)

If you want some random decorations of a specific type you can use these pre-made collections:

buildings = ('building_right_a', 'building_right_b', 'building_right_c')
buildings_white = ('building_right_b', 'building_right_c')
rocks = ('rock_inner', 'rock_outer', 'rock')
woods = ('trees', 'trees_inner_a', 'trees_inner_b', 'trees_outer', 'tree')

For instance, to place a randomly selected decoration from the woods group on the left side of the road at 1200 meters:

add_deco(woods, 1200, 'left', 'center')

To randomly add multiple decorations from the woods and rocks groups on a random side of the road starting at 1000 meters and ending at 5000 meters you can use this:

add_decos(woods+rocks, 1000, 5000, 'random', 0.5)

To create a village you can use this:

add_decos(buildings, 1000, 1800, 'both', 0.8)

Ok, it's starting to make sense now. I applied this info on The Tail of the Dragon and now it's much better looking.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/RestoMod_R16/course/2799314/
Great track, a lot of turns, up and down sequences are great, a surprising jump after the second canyon.

Also, I'm not sure by what you mean on the slider part
There is a slider in the editor allowing to configure banking behaviour:
Banking menu.png

The first 2 sliders allow you do define the banking rules for corners.
I have not played a lot with those, but i have noticed that when chaining turns (Esses) it does not work very well (or i should change camber axis), works well on single turns.

"Camber axis" allows you to define the location of the banking axis : In the middle of the road (default GT6 behaviour), on the lower part (raises the outter) or on the upper part (lower the inner).

To load a ted file:
my_track = loadTed()

To save a ted file:
exportTed(my_track)

To add a decoration:
add_deco(keys, distance, side, justify)

To add multiple decorations at once:
add_decos(keys, startdistance, enddistance, side, chance)

If you want some random decorations of a specific type you can use these pre-made collections:

buildings = ('building_right_a', 'building_right_b', 'building_right_c')
buildings_white = ('building_right_b', 'building_right_c')
rocks = ('rock_inner', 'rock_outer', 'rock')
woods = ('trees', 'trees_inner_a', 'trees_inner_b', 'trees_outer', 'tree')

For instance, to place a randomly selected decoration from the woods group on the left side of the road at 1200 meters:

add_deco(woods, 1200, 'left', 'center')

To randomly add multiple decorations from the woods and rocks groups on a random side of the road starting at 1000 meters and ending at 5000 meters you can use this:

add_decos(woods+rocks, 1000, 5000, 'random', 0.5)

To create a village you can use this:

add_decos(buildings, 1000, 1800, 'both', 0.8)

@eran0004 I tried that, then went to run it, got an error. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. There are more than one place to enter in these lines. How do you get the program to run the edits?

Ok, thank you. It makes sense now. I was trying to rewrite the coding of the program itself. I wish I put more time into my JavaScript programming class years ago.

I have redesigned Montlhéry historic track with Track Layout creator
I have difficulties to use camber configuration.

My goal is to camber turn 22
Turn for Camber.png

Then my set up for this configuration is as follows :
Camber configuration.png

The result for this turn is not what i was expecting as it is limited to 8° (checked visualy on the track):
Camber of turn.png

What am i doing wrong please ?

I have redesigned Montlhéry historic track with Track Layout creator
I have difficulties to use camber configuration.

My goal is to camber turn 22
View attachment 647089

Then my set up for this configuration is as follows :
View attachment 647087

The result for this turn is not what i was expecting as it is limited to 8° (checked visualy on the track):
View attachment 647088

What am i doing wrong please ?

You have a straight that is 45 meters, that leaves just about 20 meters for the camber transition. 0.4 degrees * 20 meters = 8 degrees

Thank you.
So what i did not understood is that the camber transition is not performed including inside the corner but on a straight before entering.

Thank you.
So what i did not understood is that the camber transition is not performed including inside the corner but on a straight before entering.

It's a transition between bank segments, so both segments are used. The transition must be equal on both sides, so the shortest bank determines the transition length.

Base build available from my track's page mate.
Still tweaking though & don't worry about the 2x floating houses I'll sort something out :)
I tried it quickly late last night before I went to sleep. The layout is great and should not be fixed any further I think:). Can't wait to see it with decorating, and added curbs:cheers:. I enjoyed it very much, I was using @Ridox2JZGTE latest replica of a new Ayrton Senna Tribute tune, the Honda NSX Type R '2002. Later I will take some laps using the Lamborghini Diablo GT2.

"When going to hairpins you need to manually edit the ted file to increase the mesh resolution like
(Edit 2 : If you have a very tight bending and your texture is overlaping the road, you need to use TIGHT_ROAD 1/2/3 which narrow the texture part outside the track and also restrict decorations usage at the same time)"

@VelociRaptor
Ok, I was working around with the hairpin turns for my last Touge under my other account RestoMod_R16. I was taking another look at your post here and was wonder if the TIGHT_ROAD 1/2/3 had to do with eran0004's TLC editor? Or the Hex editor?
Reason being, is that it would help greatly in my Irohazaka A project and others like it where I need to narrow the road down to a one and a half lanes or just one lane in tighter parts.

@VelociRaptor
Ok, I was working around with the hairpin turns for my last Touge under my other account RestoMod_R16. I was taking another look at your post here and was wonder if the TIGHT_ROAD 1/2/3 had to do with eran0004's TLC editor? Or the Hex editor?
Reason being, is that it would help greatly in my Irohazaka A project and others like it where I need to narrow the road down to a one and a half lanes or just one lane in tighter parts.
Not sure to understand clealy your need.

There is post there https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...racks-discussion.337816/page-54#post-11766475 that deals with road width management.
In short :
  1. Tight Road 1/2/3 are just managing the texture size "outside" rails.
    It allows you to create tight turns without overlapping the road borders textures on the road segments on its inner sides.

2. You can anyway use 2 road sizes by using 'Int Flag' parameter in the Road Struct.
    Int Flag = 0/1 are using the normal road size that is specified in TED header structure
    Int Flag = 2 allows you to narrow the road to around 8m (no control on this value)
By combining Int Flag = 2 on a Tight_Road segment, you should get the smaller possible hairpins.
I tried it up to 22/24m diameter.

There is post there https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...racks-discussion.337816/page-54#post-11766475 that deals with road width management.
In short :
    It allows you to create tight turns without overlapping the road borders textures on the road segments on its inner sides.

2. You can anyway use 2 road sizes by using 'Int Flag' parameter in the Road Struct.
    Int Flag = 0/1 are using the normal road size that is specified in TED header structure
    Int Flag = 2 allows you to narrow the road to around 8m (no control on this value)
By combining Int Flag = 2 on a Tight_Road segment, you should get the smaller possible hairpins.
Just a quick update on int flags.
Int flag 2 reduces int flag 0's
Int flag 3 reduces int flag 1's

You can see the effects of this on my Enna Pergusa track I'm making atm, normal track width at 15m but reduced to 8m in all chicane's (like the real circuit).
It's actually come out quite well.

@Mr Grumpy I have tried the new update of the Enna Pergusa, and it is really nice. I like the difference of track width, and the run off areas. The tight chicane works great, the curbs help settle the car:)👍. I can't point anything out that needs tweaking, other than decorating. Can you remove those two floating buildings?. It's not a big deal, I think the decorations will hide them a bit. Great work, and thanks in advance mate:cheers:

@Mr Grumpy I have tried the new update of the Enna Pergusa, and it is really nice. I like the difference of track width, and the run off areas. The tight chicane works great, the curbs help settle the car:)👍. I can't point anything out that needs tweaking, other than decorating. Can you remove those two floating buildings?. It's not a big deal, I think the decorations will hide them a bit. Great work, and thanks in advance mate:cheers:
I've managed to hide them behind some banked grass & tree's :)

In short :

Ok, I see what you mean, I could sure use that on some of my courses as I sometimes have to go with no roadsides to get the hairpins to fit. So I'm guessing this is achievable through the use of the Hex editor?

Ok, I see what you mean, I could sure use that on some of my courses as I sometimes have to go with no roadsides to get the hairpins to fit. So I'm guessing this is achievable through the use of the Hex editor?
Yes, i use 010 Editor associated with the supplied template.
Then, it's quite easy to adjust road segments size and type.

You can use TED Editor+banking editor pointer or Track Layout Creator with ruler to get exact distance of your point of interest on the track.

Yes, i use 010 Editor associated with the supplied template.
Then, it's quite easy to adjust road segments size and type.

You can use TED Editor+banking editor pointer or Track Layout Creator with ruler to get exact distance of your point of interest on the track.

Ok, that makes sense. I'm out of town right now. When I get back, I'll attempt to see what I can do with the 010 editor. I'm very eager to get the most out of the editors in order to provide everyone the chance to drive unique and interesting routes and circuits.

@Mr Grumpy

We've been using your Highland Park RM Edition track for DoTW and it has to be one of the best user-created tracks ever made. It's just perfect with the signs cutting the grass out of the bridge. Genius idea there!
Thank you very much :cheers:
All credit belongs to @Razerman, @eran0004, @tarnheld, @PR1VATEJ0KER, @J24681357 & any others that have been involved with the modded TPE :bowdown:
Expect Enna Pergusa very soon aswell.

Back