MOTOGP 18

• Thread starter jpine324
  • 276 comments
4 Strokes first came in 2002, there were still 500cc bikes in that season but not many. 2003 were all 4 Strokes.
Thanks alot adam. Do you mean the 4strokes are not 500cc? I haven't followed real racing since long really.
Do you know which historic bikes will be in motogp19? Will it have the older 2 strokes from 90s like or just the newer 4stroke?
I wonder also when they started to use aids like antiwheelie i noticed that in rossi game when you wheelie too high it cuts off the throttle. It be fun to have the non-aids bikes from past.
@John Wells
Thanks John too. I tried the yamaha ow23 in ride3. Fun bike, sounds good and feels good. They say it's the 1st 2stroke to win a world championship i think.

Last edited:
Thanks alot adam. Do you mean the 4strokes are not 500cc? I haven't followed real racing since long really.
Do you know which historic bikes will be in motogp19? Will it have the older 2 strokes from 90s like or just the newer 4stroke?
They went from 500cc 2 stroke to 990cc 4 stroke, then in 2007 to 800cc and since 2012 have been using 1000cc.
In terms of the game, all I have to go on is the trailer. I can't see any 2 strokes in there.

Here you go Jtheripper, this may help

MotoGP History
Thanks i did read that page. Interesting history, didn't know Agusta was so dominant back in the 50s 60s for 17years. I did go on the worldsbk site after to refresh and catch up too on that. Interesting how gp affects sbk with rules and specs. I loved to watch sbk world and ama. To me it's also fun and easier to imagine riding same as them with road bikes being similar. Especially latest road superbikes being so light too and so nice machinery. The sbk even get pretty near to gp bikes laptimes on some tracks i thnk.

Back