MOTOGP 18

• Thread starter jpine324
  • 276 comments
United States
Illinois
jpine324
Has anyone heard any news on MOTOGP 18??? I am hoping they make it with the frostbite engine like the MX games that are coming out.

I can't find any news on this, but love MOTOGP!!

MotoGP 18 is being developed by Milestone. No news yet, It's only confirmed that it will use Unreal Engine 4.

Frostbite engine is a proprietary engine of EA, I think you mean Unreal Engine.

MotoGP 18 is being developed by Milestone. No news yet, It's only confirmed that it will use Unreal Engine 4.

Thanks buddy. You are correct I did mean the unreal engine. I haven't been able to find anything. I am really looking forward to MOTOGP 18. 17 was good, but body movements just aren't right. I hope they get a better online system

Do you know of a good active forum for Motogp games??

I haven't heard any news either, about MotoGP 18 - I've recently gone back to playing MotoGP 17 after a stint with Ride 2... Would love to have an 18 version as I feel they were on the right track with 17. So many things improved, I'm getting a little worried though as I have been checking their website to see of they post anything about it being in development, but so far, nada.

I'll keep playing 17 anyway, as I really need to get better at it. If you find something, please post it in here.

-Barry

I haven't heard any news either, about MotoGP 18 - I've recently gone back to playing MotoGP 17 after a stint with Ride 2... Would love to have an 18 version as I feel they were on the right track with 17. So many things improved, I'm getting a little worried though as I have been checking their website to see of they post anything about it being in development, but so far, nada.

I'll keep playing 17 anyway, as I really need to get better at it. If you find something, please post it in here.

-Barry
Barry have you tried the online racing with GP17, I haven't tried that before. Im down for some racing anytime. It would take me a bit to get back in form since I have only played GTS since it came out. Car racing is first love.... but sliding the back end of a bike into a corner just does something for me though. Thanks for the reply. I had another thread going on this too, and someone said we probably won't hear anything until Gravel is released. But I would say with certainty we will get gp18 this year with unreal engine which would give so much for freedom to the rider on the bike

I can't find any other info on this. The video is of the mx stadium they just came out with. So now I am questioning its legitimacy

They just blocked the web, now ask for login.

But some information had::
- Unreal Engine 4 will be used
- 3D Scan of all MotoGP™ riders’ faces.
- Drone Scanning: 1:1 recreation of all MotoGP™ tracks, for an unprecedented realism.

They just blocked the web, now ask for login.

But some information had::
- Unreal Engine 4 will be used
- 3D Scan of all MotoGP™ riders’ faces.
- Drone Scanning: 1:1 recreation of all MotoGP™ tracks, for an unprecedented realism.
I got the same pop up for login. I wonder if it wasn't supposed to be made public yet. Either way I will take june release on this game!!

I really hope they have the manager mode like in 17', I haven't read that yet though

Unfortunately they said on twitter that this time around we'll not have manager mode.
Other news but has to be confirmed we may get flag to flag on race.

Man I just bought moto gp 2017 on sale and this one on a new engine and more career mode and cut scenes ahhhh. Motogp is awesome, I’m just gonna have to wait I think gotta play motogp 2017 and other stuff first :( sounds good though.

@MotoGP 17 veterans,

How the heck do you all beat the CPU in a race, lol. I haven’t come close and I’m learning on “very easy” difficulty. The game always starts me in the back and it seems impossible to pass.

Any tips on tuning? Made some adjustments to suspension that gives me more control going into corners.

Man I just bought moto gp 2017 on sale and this one on a new engine and more career mode and cut scenes ahhhh. Motogp is awesome, I’m just gonna have to wait I think gotta play motogp 2017 and other stuff first :( sounds good thought.
17' doesn't have the new gaming engine. But it is better than 16' was. The manager mode was more fun than career mode I though in 17'. Get good at this with no assists and you will be set when 18' comes out! Have fun!

Last edited:
Yep, what jpine said... To be fast (which I'm not... but faster) you really need to run with the assists off. It takes some getting used to, but running without assists will be faster than with them.

Im interested. I skipped last years game for RIDE 2 although I enjoyed 2016 (Valentino Rossi The Game) I run with assists on, just keeping the TCS at high, but I play on the highest difficulty and I do pretty well in most races. You gotta be so used to braking early before entering a corner and not turning in too hard or you'll fall off. lol :)

Yep, what jpine said... To be fast (which I'm not... but faster) you really need to run with the assists off. It takes some getting used to, but running without assists will be faster than with them.
Ha me either. I do run with TCS on low most of the time. When your playing with tire wear on, it really eats your rubber and by the end your sliding all over getting passed because you can't grab that rear! Also noticed that tire wear is accelerated on shorter races. So even a 3 or 4 lap race by the your struggling to keep it together. SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW GAME THOUGH!!

I'm excited for the new game - especially if they really did laser scan the tracks. The tracks are pretty decent anyway, but if they are laser scanned with true "lidar" type elevation changes, well, that would just be awesome. We utilize Lidar scan imagery in the GIS stuff I do (although not near enough) and it is really cool. I think some of the tracks in PC2 must be laser scanned utilizing digital elevation - if not, they did a good job faking it. :D

I'm excited for the new game - especially if they really did laser scan the tracks. The tracks are pretty decent anyway, but if they are laser scanned with true "lidar" type elevation changes, well, that would just be awesome. We utilize Lidar scan imagery in the GIS stuff I do (although not near enough) and it is really cool. I think some of the tracks in PC2 must be laser scanned utilizing digital elevation - if not, they did a good job faking it. :D
that is awesome I am looking forward to a new edition of the game. Not much has changed in the last few years. Started playing in 14' and the best thing they added was manager mode last year. And sadly it is not in this game.
I really do hope they have a better offering of rider customization. The helmet selection was garbage last year. Same with the Rossi version 16', the only cool helmets were his helmets. I am going to jump into online and try that some time. Heard that it is pretty awesome!

I tried online a couple times and got smoked... I think the people that play it online only play this game. :lol::lol: I could hang until I made a mistake, even a small one, and they were gone. The few times I tried it the human racers didn't make a mistake - the entire race. :odd: I'm just not that consistent.

Back