MotoGP 19 announced - Due June 6th

• Thread starter barryf1fan
  • 214 comments
1 week to go before release, reviews and impressions here. Anxious to know about it compared to past games and ride3.
Edit: tonight or tomorrow is the day.not much news on this for now, really quiet now.

Edit: 1st review i see for motogp19 is on thesixthaxis site, lots positive, and says best yet, much better than 2018. Here's a small part...
You’ll notice this as soon as you hit the track; the bikes move around more, they crackle and pop, spit flames on downshifts and feel distinctly different from each other. The bike sound is a big improvement as well, with richer tones and more accurate results. Crucially, for a game that encompasses several racing categories, each type of bike rides with their own character too. A Moto3 feels light on its toes, a full-fat Ducati is a thuggish brute, whereas a Suzuki is more nimble through the corners. In previous MotoGP titles, each bike has largely felt like much of a muchness, but not this year.
Just says bugs of course and stutters which is too bad, hopefully they will patch it. Also the historical part is good, a good challenge.
The online seems still needing patching etc.
For me the good parts are most important, so I'm glad and will be getting this when its on 1st good sale. Cheers.

Last edited:
This is out today. Anyone getting it?

Previews make it sound far better than previous years.

1st review i see for motogp19 is on thesixthaxis site, lots positive, and says best yet, much better than 2018. Here's a small part...
You’ll notice this as soon as you hit the track; the bikes move around more, they crackle and pop, spit flames on downshifts and feel distinctly different from each other. The bike sound is a big improvement as well, with richer tones and more accurate results. Crucially, for a game that encompasses several racing categories, each type of bike rides with their own character too. A Moto3 feels light on its toes, a full-fat Ducati is a thuggish brute, whereas a Suzuki is more nimble through the corners. In previous MotoGP titles, each bike has largely felt like much of a muchness, but not this year....

Just says bugs of course and stutters which is too bad, hopefully they will patch it. Also the historical part is good, a good challenge.
The online seems still needing patching etc.
For me the good parts are most important, so I'm glad and will be getting this when its on 1st good sale. Cheers.
Edit: also a review on criticalhit.net says the a.i. is really much better and fun challenge it seems. They start out ordinary and get more and more challenging and varied and try maneuvers on you. The historic challenges go back to even Wayne Rainy, so there's older machines, hopefully for me it means no electronic factory aids like antiwheelie.

Last edited:
This is out today. Anyone getting it?

Previews make it sound far better than previous years.

My will be delivered today (at least tracking says, "out for delivery") and will be fired up tonight. Gonna run home at lunch and see if its there, mail comes pretty early. I have a 90 minute online league race in PCars 2 tonight, but after that I will be playing some MotoGP 19 - prob mostly TT's to get a feel for the game.

Looking forward to it.

The Sixth Axis Review

Critical Hit Review

'Course, I don't care what the reviews say, I was getting it no matter what - kinda like the sheep that by Madden or Fifa year after year after year after.... I buy some of the racing franchises that way.

Some gameplay vids from Robo46 if you're interested... Looks good. All of it!! 👍👍

Pretty pumped to get to it tonight. The Moto2's with the new Triumph 675 engine sounds wonderful. The MotoE looks interesting.

Quick time trial on the Red Bull KTM, and a quick race on the Pramac Ducati. So far, with limited play, this game is an improvement over 18. Haven't tried online yet.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Only got to spend about an hour with it, and haven't started the career or touched the MotoE or Historical Challenges, but there's plenty to do. I'm sure people will complain about whatever, but so far so good. 👍

I played a couple of hours last night. Just a few points:

Helmet, number and sticker customisation is almost identical to applying liveries to a car in Forza games.

Ai is so much better than previous Motogp games. Ai battle each other as well as yourself for track position. The Ai also make genuine mistakes, running deep into corners if they brake to late.

I'm also yet to be knocked off of my motorcycle by Ai, as they now make an effort to avoid contact with you around corners.

The graphics are much better also. Colours are quite vibrant, I'm yet to race in the rain or a night though.

I have only raced the red bull rookies bikes so far, handling feels decent, though changing direction from left to right feels slow. Tuning suspension settings accordingly can speed this up though. Motorcycles also low side into corners if you are too heavy on the brakes while leaning over.

So far so good, no glitches this far.

What a huge improvement over 18. Graphics, sounds, the feel of the bikes. I'm really impressed.
I was surprised to find there's no tuck button this year, it's automatic. But you have to switch some buttons around as the forward lean takes you out of tucking for some reason. I'm so used to always pressing forward when not braking, I just remapped it to something else.
The helmet cam is much better too, they got rid of the yellow filter!

And yes, the AI doesn't bash you off as easily, which is really nice.

Can't wait to play more.

Anyone know how to unlock the 4-stroke historic bikes/riders?

What a huge improvement over 18. Graphics, sounds, the feel of the bikes. I'm really impressed.
I was surprised to find there's no tuck button this year, it's automatic. But you have to switch some buttons around as the forward lean takes you out of tucking for some reason. I'm so used to always pressing forward when not braking, I just remapped it to something else.

Can't wait to play more.

I think you have to complete some historical events. Each one unlocks a specific team/rider if you complete them.👍

Can't wait to play more.

Glad to hear all that, and helmet view being good, interesting about the tuckin..you too you always tuckedin except for braking hmm?, the handling is better in ride3 when tucked. there's also older 2strokes in this supposedly.

Glad to hear all that, and helmet view being good, interesting about the tuckin.., there's also older 2strokes in this supposedly.
Yes, a paid DLC pack for the 2-Strokes.

I think you have to complete some historical events. Each one unlocks a specific team/rider if you complete them.👍
Thanks! I figured, but wasn't sure if it was like 17 where you unlocked them by various ways in quick races and career.
Awesome.

Yes, a paid DLC pack for the 2-Strokes.

Thanks! I figured, but wasn't sure if it was like 17 where you unlocked them by various ways in quick races and career.
Awesome.
Ah yeah. Thats right paid dlc but its pretty cheap. How u find the tuckein in 18 and in ride3 if u have that too? I asked here about this before because it helps in ride3 in turn in, but so easier to follow the track line when not tucked seems, well depends on each bike in ride3, and the track too i guess.

Just a couple of things after a few hours of playing career mode a little more.

I've just had a bug where a random rider starts the race about 25 metres ahead of the grid.
Its not a problem if you are doing a quick race or a normal career race where you have race restarts enabled, as restarting the race sorts the issue.
However if you are playing Pro career with restarts disabled, this issue could get annoying.

I have also done a race in the rain at Sachsenring and the rain effects on the track looked poor, like the lighting was all too blue compared to the rest of the environment.
The bike also had what looked like Slick tyres equipped, however the bike handled fine so this must've just been a visual bug.

While not game breaking, it would be nice to see these few bugs ironed out soon.

Just a couple of things after a few hours of playing career mode a little more.

I've just had a bug where a random rider starts the race about 25 metres ahead of the grid.
Its not a problem if you are doing a quick race or a normal career race where you have race restarts enabled, as restarting the race sorts the issue.
However if you are playing Pro career with restarts disabled, this issue could get annoying.

I have also done a race in the rain at Sachsenring and the rain effects on the track looked poor, like the lighting was all too blue compared to the rest of the environment.
The bike also had what looked like Slick tyres equipped, however the bike handled fine so this must've just been a visual bug.

While not game breaking, it would be nice to see these few bugs ironed out soon.

The race I ran in MotoGP was a wet track (not the rain) and you can clearly see the "rain tires" on the bike.

enhance

enhance

I agree that the rain "effects", such as spray and whatnot, aren't quite as good in this version, but to me, meh, okay with that. I was hoping for a "Live" track, a'la Project Cars 2, where a dry line would form and you would have to cool your wets on the straights by looking for the wet to run through, maybe MotoGP 20. . .

I only did the one race and started at the back so don't know if there was anyone starting ahead of the line...
In all honesty, I didn't expect this game to be perfect - especially right out of the gate, figured there would need to be patches down the line. There hasn't been a game (of any genre) released in ages that hasn't needed a 1st day patch and multiple patches later to get better. Or be more ironed out, if you will. From what I've seen (which is limited) 19 is an improvement over 18, and it will just take some time to get better. I remember that Milestone patched the Ai alone (not only) 3 or 4 times before they left it alone. And from what I experienced last night in 10 laps around Red Bull ring the Ai are already better than last years iteration.

Hopefully Milestone will support this game, as well as get the dedicated servers working properly. 👍

The race I ran in MotoGP was a wet track (not the rain) and you can clearly see the "rain tires" on the bike.

enhance

enhance

I agree that the rain "effects", such as spray and whatnot, aren't quite as good in this version, but to me, meh, okay with that. I was hoping for a "Live" track, a'la Project Cars 2, where a dry line would form and you would have to cool your wets on the straights by looking for the wet to run through, maybe MotoGP 20. . .

I only did the one race and started at the back so don't know if there was anyone starting ahead of the line...
In all honesty, I didn't expect this game to be perfect - especially right out of the gate, figured there would need to be patches down the line. There hasn't been a game (of any genre) released in ages that hasn't needed a 1st day patch and multiple patches later to get better. Or be more ironed out, if you will. From what I've seen (which is limited) 19 is an improvement over 18, and it will just take some time to get better. I remember that Milestone patched the Ai alone (not only) 3 or 4 times before they left it alone. And from what I experienced last night in 10 laps around Red Bull ring the Ai are already better than last years iteration.

Hopefully Milestone will support this game, as well as get the dedicated servers working properly. 👍

Agreed, this game is already much better than Motogp18. If I'm totally honest, 18 was probably the worst I've played on the current gen consoles.
I played it last Wednesday and theres still issues with the gearbox clicking into neutral once the lights go out at the start of the race, and the Ai is still shockingly robotic.

This years Ai is much more human-like, the graphics are beautiful when racing In daylight, and even on a drying track the game looks really good.
Like I say, if they could readjust the lighting/effects slightly during the rain and solve the grid "head start" glitch, they have made a very good and respectable game considering last years shambles.

Ah yeah. Thats right paid dlc but its pretty cheap. How u find the tuckein in 18 and in ride3 if u have that too? I asked here about this before because it helps in ride3 in turn in, but so easier to follow the track line when not tucked seems, well depends on each bike in ride3, and the track too i guess.
In both of those two games I wouldn't use the tuck during turns, just when you level out of the turn and punch it.

I agree with the above posts, I'm so impressed by this iteration this year. They have some serious improvements and the graphics finally look next gen for sure. I'm really happy with it so far. I was looking forward to this during all of 18's patches, just waiting to see how they'd start optimizing the Unreal engine given more time.

Really enjoying this so far. Bought on Xbox One X and not experienced any stuttering or glitches yet.

Started off with the Red Bull rookies. One thing to note, as you start each session, go to the mechanic section and switch your tyres. It doesn't automatically switch to new tyres for you. I didn't realise this at first and by the time I started the actual race, I couldn't understand why it felt like I was riding on ice!

It might have mentioned this somewhere when you start the game, but I hadn't noticed! But agree with above, graphics are nice and the A.I so far is behaving itself and making what look like genuine mistakes.

Really enjoying this year's game, so far anyway. completed the Red Bull Rookies cup and won all but one race, which I tried to sneak a sip of beer on a straight and veered off track and crashed. Ended up getting passed by two but still finished on the podium to take home 3rd. Started the Moto3 career and just did one development test before I went to bed. The tests are different this year from last, and there is only 3 this time round.

I have ramped the difficulty up every race, though, and while the Ai are "better" in terms of spatial awareness, they aren't very good. I started my RBR Cup career at 70%, and I run with the Pro physics on - switched to that in MotoGP 18 - and have bumped the difficulty up the entire way (with each race) and am now at 95%. I had won pole by over 2 seconds in Misano and finished the race 21"s ahead of the "first loser", so decided, since I had already wrapped up the RBR championship, to skip QT1 & QT2 and go straight to the race. The last race is at Aragon, a track that I don't generally get along with, and I ended up winning that race (from last place) by over 17"s on 95% difficulty... wtf?? Gonna do my first Moto3 race on 95% and see how it goes, an since it's a full season I have plenty of races to fiddle with the difficulty setting - trying to find a spot where I have to work for wins, but yet still have a chance at a win.

However, even with all that said, this game is miles ahead of MotoGP 18, the improvement in graphics (on a standard PS4) is a big leap forward. The bikes, track detail, and even the track side "furniture" seems improved. The sounds have made a huge step forward as the bikes in different classes have a "feel" to them, just from the unique sounds of each class or bike. The bikes, overall, handle better and are less understeery (don't think that's a word) and making small changes to the setup makes a difference on track, to me anyway. I also think they improved the UI or menus, if you will, as it looks a little bit like a cleaned up interface from MotoGP 17... So far, I'm glad I picked this up day one, being a big fan of the series' that race in this game it was a no-brainer for me. I'm hoping they patch the Ai as they seem a bit lacking (and they did a few times in 18) but I can keep adjusting the difficulty til I get it right (for me).

Now, if they'll just bring back the Managerial Career mode . . . :rolleyes:

The thing is, as i detailed more in ride3 thread, you have more control in turns when tucked in, you can tap, trail the front brake and power oversteer better. And less understeer.
Sorry for the late reply, I need to do some testing on this in MotoGP. Have you noticed any difference, similar to Ride?
One odd thing that I hope they patch or at least give me an answer on fb is why when you're leaning forward does it take you OUT of tucking on the straight? What's faster, leaning forward or staying neutral and tucking?

Also, this game is so effing good! I'm still so damn impressed this year. Love it!

Sorry for the late reply, I need to do some testing on this in MotoGP. Have you noticed any difference, similar to Ride?
One odd thing that I hope they patch or at least give me an answer on fb is why when you're leaning forward does it take you OUT of tucking on the straight? What's faster, leaning forward or staying neutral and tucking?

Also, this game is so effing good! I'm still so damn impressed this year. Love it!

They seem to have made tucking (the fastest way on the straights) automatic only. If you want to sit up, to scrub off speed, before a corner, then pulling back on the stick sits you up. It just seems to be an odd quirk that either forward or back sits you up.

It does sit you up automatically as you brake hard of course, but if you want to override it then you can. I prefer it where tucking is automatic to be honest, as it is a bit wearing on your thumb to hold the stick forward. I prefer having to do the manual sitting up.

Not yet Jtheripper, once comes down in price get then, all looks good.:D
Yeah. Same me, also let them patch it for a few months and get it on discount.

Well i only have rossi motogp16 in the gp series so i cant say if the newer gp games are same as ride and ride3 for that. Yeah makes me worry a little the tucking in motogp19. Hope it's good.

I have played all of the GP and SBK games and 19 may just be the best one yet from MS. I can't stop playing it, unlike 18 which just didn't do it for me.
Once you get used to the longer braking distance, you can really just get into a racing groove. The A.I definitely has more awareness and are great to race against this year for a change.
There are a few bugs here and there but nothing that stops me from enjoying 19 that's for sure.

I am Xbox if anyone wants to add me. BIGGCAROLINA

Edit: Tire wear works not only for you but the A.I as well, it actually adds an element of strategy to GP. Don't forget to change your tires after each session and save a new pair for the race.

Last edited:
I have played all of the GP and SBK games and 19 may just be the best one yet from MS. I can't stop playing it, unlike 18 which just didn't do it for me.
Once you get used to the longer braking distance, you can really just get into a racing groove. The A.I definitely has more awareness and are great to race against this year for a change.
There are a few bugs here and there but nothing that stops me from enjoying 19 that's for sure.

I am Xbox if anyone wants to add me. BIGGCAROLINA

Edit: Tire wear works not only for you but the A.I as well, it actually adds an element of strategy to GP. Don't forget to change your tires after each session and save a new pair for the race.

I may pick this up for Xbone, if I do I'll add you, man! Right now only on PS4. . .

Back