Must buy 20,000,000 dollar car to race in nostalgic 1979 professional race ?

• Thread starter bwanabud
  • 374 comments
For the most part I am enjoying working through the single player mode, but the ridiculous price tag on some of the classic cars is pretty irritating. There are a few of them I would like to add to my garage, but I haven't got enough to time to grind races to buy one of them, let alone several!

Keeping my fingers crossed for the wheel of fortune...

I got the pattern down in the F1 Suzuka race good enough that I can be in P1 on lap 4. Clean and in a stock car. As you said @TonyJZX, problem solving. Then I try for fast laps. That's a good time for me.

I got the pattern down in the F1 Suzuka race good enough that I can be in P1 on lap 4. Clean and in a stock car. As you said @TonyJZX, problem solving. Then I try for fast laps. That's a good time for me.
I overtake:
0n the main straight in front of the pits - taking care to not spin entering the main straight after the chicane;
after turn 9 on the short straight approaching the hair pin - if there isn't a decent gap I will slow down and let the car back through
on the outside of the track after the hairpin, on the left side, before I think the corner 12 curve;
On the next large straight (between corner 14 and 130R (cnr 15);

There are other places available but its too easy to be hit IMO - and even on the main straight one car can do a Kamikaze move and although I am well clear and into the right turn at the end of the main straight, I've still been hit from behind by a missile car - so I don't push the main straight overtakes, I take 'em fairly early or back off

My problem with passing early is getting touched, running into the car in front due to what seems to be brake testing, and the game IMO becomes more sensitive to errors if you are in front early ... its much easier to run wide at places, and the hairpin will spin the car much more easily if you are well in front IMO. For me the best way to earn the bonus is to take the lead around lap 8 or 9 and then focus on keeping well away from any of the curbs. And be super careful through the hairpin, and add some extra car at the chicane which enters the main straight.

Maybe I should actually back off and try to keep the gap less than three seconds to the car running second ... maybe the game would be safer then!

I don't know how slow I am though, the cars are not fast, and I've not had a 1:34 lap time either, and if I pushed while well in the lead I reckon I'd leave the track, due to what I said earlier about substantial leads.

Funny thing was I only just discovered the car had its 8th gear ... I have been racing with only 7 gears being used ... I'd love a good gearbox setup for Suzuka ...

Last edited:
This is so stupid... I had 9.9 million credits before trying these nostalgic 1979 races. So I saw the "rival cars" and went to the brand central. Ferrari is 20 million. The other one is 20 million too. Another one is 15 million. Then I bought the 2 cheap cars (from Toyota and Chevrolet, i think). OK! They weren't allowed... sold then back and now i had 9.7 million credits... looked again the list... Alston Martin Giulia for 10 million cr.. Bought this one and now Im with 0 credits and no chance to win this race. wtf

This is so stupid... I had 9.9 million credits before trying these nostalgic 1979 races. So I saw the "rival cars" and went to the brand central. Ferrari is 20 million. The other one is 20 million too. Another one is 15 million. Then I bought the 2 cheap cars (from Toyota and Chevrolet, i think). OK! They weren't allowed... sold then back and now i had 9.7 million credits... looked again the list... Alston Martin Giulia for 10 million cr.. Bought this one and now Im with 0 credits and no chance to win this race. wtf

Man, Aston Martin never made Giulia :) BTW credits are so easy to grind... you could get those back pretty fast...

On other hand, if you red this thread, you'd know by now that Alfa Romeo is not a good choice...

So after almost two months of grinding every day I have just enough to buy the Shelby. I've heard that the power and weight upgrades are quite steep with the mileage points. I consider myself a pretty decent driver. Realistically, how many mileage points does it takes to make the Shelby competitive enough to win all three races clean? I want to buy the Shelby because I love the car but don't know if its worth waiting a couple more weeks for the ford or jag?

That's it, the Alfa Romeo Giulia (10 million credits). I can reach the 2nd place in Monza (tuning the car all way up and driving dirty - straight lines on curves, crashing with the other cars and etc). But that Ferrari (20 million credits) is unfair, cannot compete with this.

You should have stayed at 9.9 million and keep saving up for that Ferrari, and as @rex1825 said in his post, if you red this thread, you'd know by now that Alfa Romeo is not a good choice.
The Credits are easy to grind but you have to do it earn them if you want that car.

Man you can earn almost 7 million with a rubber-banded controller while you sleep, I don't know why you guys do this to yourselves. Must be masochists.

So after almost two months of grinding every day I have just enough to buy the Shelby. I've heard that the power and weight upgrades are quite steep with the mileage points. I consider myself a pretty decent driver. Realistically, how many mileage points does it takes to make the Shelby competitive enough to win all three races clean? I want to buy the Shelby because I love the car but don't know if its worth waiting a couple more weeks for the ford or jag?

Dunno how many upgrade lvls does Shelby have, but on my 330 P4 it was:
~5k for lvl 2
~7k for lvl 3
~9k for lvl 4
And almost 12k for lvl 5

Thing is, with 330 you can win all races stock. Not so much with Shelby, so save up on Mileage Points, even tho Shelby costs 5mil less than 330 and is probably cheaper to upgrade

Dunno how many upgrade lvls does Shelby have, but on my 330 P4 it was:
~5k for lvl 2
~7k for lvl 3
~9k for lvl 4
And almost 12k for lvl 5

Thing is, with 330 you can win all races stock. Not so much with Shelby, so save up on Mileage Points, even tho Shelby costs 5mil less than 330 and is probably cheaper to upgrade

I went ahead and bought the Shelby last night and started out stock, it’s a blast to drive even though it can’t win yet. I’ve still got some challenges to complete and now I don’t have to grind, I can do whatever I want without worrying about money and just focus on earning mileage points!

Last edited:
I went ahead and bought the Shelby last night and started out stock, it’s a blast to drive even though it can’t win yet. I’ve still got some challenges to completed and now I don’t have to grind, I can do whatever I want without worrying about money and just focus on earning mileage points!
Exactly this.

I still follow the other Daytonas round B for a lap and watch the replay after. They sound so brutal.

Sell half or all of your garage and then purchase Ferrari 330 and then grind all those cars with Ferrari 330 .

Definitely no objection to these cars getting races, content I believe should have been included from day one, IMHO.

But it is a chore or pot luck to get one of these cars, and that's a real shame too. Grinding just shouldn't be required. Earned by achieving something, yes. Hard, subjective, but definitely. But a grind on an oval, very poor game oversight.

* Refuse to believe this is game creativity. It's not.

But more races please, then it'll make the grind more rewarding later, lol. (Or increase payouts/add log in bonus).

Definitely no objection to these cars getting races, content I believe should have been included from day one, IMHO.

But it is a chore or pot luck to get one of these cars, and that's a real shame too. Grinding just shouldn't be required. Earned by achieving something, yes. Hard, subjective, but definitely. But a grind on an oval, very poor game oversight.

* Refuse to believe this is game creativity. It's not.

But more races please, then it'll make the grind more rewarding later, lol. (Or increase payouts/add log in bonus).
If you want something, well you have to do some Grinding to earn that car, there is no need to do the Oval race in one car over and over, and there are other very good races as well :).
Another thing the payout for each events are very good in this game, and there is no need to increase the payouts which is :crazy:. If you earn 1 million credits a day in the game for 20 days, you will have 20 million to buy that car 👍. So it is very easy and very easy to earn credits in this game.

If you want something, well you have to do some Grinding to earn that car, there is no need to do the Oval race in one car over and over, and there are other very good races as well :).
Another thing the payout for each events are very good in this game, and there is no need to increase the payouts which is :crazy:. If you earn 1 million credits a day in the game for 20 days, you will have 20 million to buy that car 👍. So it is very easy and very easy to earn credits in this game.
I've read your hypocrisy fella, lol. No sell. You're a shining example of how not to play games.

You rubberbanded the game. And anything you could say is just of no interest to me. Goodbye.

I've read your hypocrisy fella, lol. No sell. You're a shining example of how not to play games.

You rubberbanded the game. And anything you could say is just of no interest to me. Goodbye.
So bloody what if I do a little bit of rubber banding, I can do that if I want. l do a couple of hours racing a day using my wheel and I earn over a 1million credits a day and in about 20 days I will have 20 million credits. So it is so easy to get a lot of credits doing races, and stop moaning and groaning about the credits and play the game.

Last edited:
https://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/car_sheet.php?id=1072

Question. If the Dodge Challenger race car ever drops, would it be competitive? I remember having the same entry issue back in GT5 and GT6 with these nostalgic races. Found this custom design by Polyphony to be almost up for the job.
Think I tuned one of those to below 600hp for Route X. Can't remember the '69 Camaro tune. I think the Camaro wasc better susoension wise. Had those big balloon tyres.

So bloody what if I do a little bit of rubber banding, I can do that if I want. l do a couple of hours racing a day using my wheel and I earn over a 1million credits a day and in about 20 days I will have 20 million credits. So it is so easy to get a lot of credits doing races, and stop moaning and groaning about the credits and play the game.

I don't need to waste time on cutting corners. I'll leave that to the impatient, you, to highlight the issues with your pathetic ways.

You do realise by rubberbanding it actually confirms just the opposite of what you say though. Of course, do whatever you want, but stop kidding yourself. Silly.

Just bought the Mark IV. It's like driving a bus compared to the 330 P4 :lol: Laptime wise is similar to the XJ13 but it just understeers a little bit more.

Only the 250 GTO left to go. I calculate if I do 5 races a day I'll be able to buy it at the end of the month, hopefully before the next update drops (and no more 20 million cars PD :rolleyes:).

Couple of hours? Im pretty sure those "couple of hours" are Blue Moon premium or nostalgic de la sarthe. Otherwise its impossible get 1 million in couple of hours just by playing normally.

Ford not everyone can play a game 24/7 like you. People have their jobs to do.

Couple of hours? Im pretty sure those "couple of hours" are Blue Moon premium or nostalgic de la sarthe. Otherwise its impossible get 1 million in couple of hours just by playing normally.

Ford not everyone can play a game 24/7 like you. People have their jobs to do.
Use the N200 M3 tuned to 244hp RSS at Maggi ore. 1.2 Mil in an hour. That's a normal race.

The three Gr. 2 races yield 900k in one hour. At bare minimum, doing one race a day, a player can accumulate 1mil in three days. It's easy.

Guess I'll never win those races then...:indiff:
And once again, what the hell PD!? The 15-20Mio. price-tags itself are outrageous enough, but locking people out of races because of this? I havent even done the F1 races, because I couldnt save up to 2Mio. :scared::lol:
This is something that really bothers me I want to race the $20 million cars , but I can’t grind enough to get them, I work full time and I just can’t pull it off . Thanks PD for putting in great cars I’ll never be ableto drive.

This is something that really bothers me I want to race the $20 million cars , but I can’t grind enough to get them, I work full time and I just can’t pull it off . Thanks PD for putting in great cars I’ll never be ableto drive.
If you grind the right way you will pick up 2 million credits an hour a day, and in 10 days you will have 20 million credits.
If you grind for just over 30 minutes a day you will pick up 1 million credits, and in 20 days you will get 20 million credits. So you will able to drive one in no time at all, remember the more you grind the more you get.

If you have not got the time because of a real like job, well that is your problem and not the games fault.

I love how all this culprit is from the economically deaf 20mil cars whose price remain unchanged from GT6 - GT5 days back when earning credits is much easier. Oh did I mention that the credit cap is reverted back to 20 million for absolutely no reason?

And no, I wont grind. I want to play the game for a good time. Give me some decently paying sport races that pays better than goddamn GT League. Having a battle with other players around the world is much more fun and challenging than the AI that can't even turn.

30 minutes of sport races is much better than 30 minutes of Blue Moon Bay BS.

I love how all this culprit is from the economically deaf 20mil cars whose price remain unchanged from GT6 - GT5 days back when earning credits is much easier. Oh did I mention that the credit cap is reverted back to 20 million for absolutely no reason?

And no, I wont grind. I want to play the game for a good time. Give me some decently paying sport races that pays better than goddamn GT League. Having a battle with other players around the world is much more fun and challenging than the AI that can't even turn.

If you don't grind you will not get any credits at all, and that goes with Sports Mode races. You know credits does not grow on trees, you have to earn them by winning races at that is grinding.

If you're that short of time I wouldn't bother trying to get the 20 million cars. I played the game normally for months and still had to grind the last 6-7 million and honestly it sucked.

Sticking on earphones to listen to some random podcast and then sitting there doing the same boring race again and again was mind numbing.

Then after all that time you finally save up for the car you want and it's great. ..to start with and then just like any car on GT Sport you get bored of it. Then you get annoyed that you've wasted all that time getting this one car!

And I've had Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa waiting to be played while I wasted my time on GT Sport.

that goes with Sports Mode races.

Do you actually realise how much longer the grind is in sport mode?

(Press show ignored users content in the other thread so you can see the comparison;))

And as you say the grind is acceptable offline, using your own logic you would therefore be in agreement that the sport mode grind is in need of improvement to bring it to an equal level with offline.

Back