NES (S3): Season 4 discussions etc

What should we do regarding the race start procedure?

• Change only the LMP race to rolling start

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • change both GT3 and LMP races to rolling start

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's raceday!

Any last minute entries should be submitted with haste. Hope to see as many of you as possible for this special event! Remember the schedule will be the same as the GT3 part of an NES round. See you soon! :D

Wait when does everything kick off today? I'm gonna be at work for at least another hour and more towards an hour and a half

Wait when does everything kick off today? I'm gonna be at work for at least another hour and more towards an hour and a half
Qualifying begins in 52 minutes. I'll be checking here before the race starts for any news about latecomers, so post here if you're on your way so I can delay the start for you

@rallymathie has been added to the Nürburgring 1 Hour entry list.

Edit: Lobby goes up in 18 minutes, qualifying goes live in 28 minutes. (based on 'last edited' time)

Last edited:
- Stream is up! :)

EDIT: Q starts @ 5:25, race starts @ 39:00 - the audio is mumbly at times, we'll have that sorted for next time! Hope you like it! :)

Last edited:
For season 4 can we get the driver profiles updated? Love a bit of ego stroking... lel

also on a more serious note when are we planning to work on a custom BoP for s4 in lmp as I have a couple notes from just tests I've done myself but I want it double validated so we have solid stuff to work from.

when are we planning to work on a custom BoP for s4 in lmp
I am grinding so I can buy all the LMP cars in the S4 roster. Now the only cars left for me to buy are the Nissan GT-R LM, the Porsche 919 and the Peugeot 908.

The following are just assumptions:

The admin team will be making lobbies to test the cars at various tracks (low-speed, high-speed, mid-speed and a balanced track, Suzuka) - A while back, when we were first having the S4 BoP discussions, offapple has given me the green light to test at (at least) 3 tracks.

TL;DR: Soon.

I am grinding so I can buy all the LMP cars in the S4 roster. Now the only cars left for me to buy are the Nissan GT-R LM, the Porsche 919 and the Peugeot 908.

The following are just assumptions:

The admin team will be making lobbies to test the cars at various tracks (low-speed, high-speed, mid-speed and a balanced track, Suzuka) - A while back, when we were first having the S4 BoP discussions, offapple has given me the green light to test at (at least) 3 tracks.

TL;DR: Soon.
Cool cool just everything had gone quiet wanted to make sure we had a plan of action :]

Cool cool just everything had gone quiet wanted to make sure we had a plan of action :]
Yeah, don't worry about anything. If we rush into S4 it won't be as refined as if we take our time. Right now though, I'm just having a small break after more than 9 weeks of organizing stuff before and during S3. I'll gradually add stuff to the S4 thread and edit things that people want editing.

Regarding the BoP for the LMP category, I've decided that a good starting point for the testing is 700bhp maximum and 875kg minimum. From there we can individually modify each car to make everything as balanced as possible. As for regular testing sessions, I will try to aim for the time used for the regular NES schedule on Sundays. Moderators and anyone else are encouraged to organize their own testing sessions whenever they want. As CJ mentioned, testing should take place on 4 types of circuits:
Low speed
Medium speed
High speed
All around (in this case, Suzuka)

For the sake of being "official" here are the results from the Nürburgring 1 Hour special event!

1st: JoeOfTheFire
2nd: RallyMathie
3rd: Sparks
4th: Traels
5th: OffApple
6th: Ninja__Karma (FunnyTroll)
7th: Umt07

Fastest lap: JoeOfTheFire (8:14.460)

Once again, thanks to all of our competitors, and to Dirten for his commentary of the event! :D

Back