New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Hey Hey,

I am James from Norwich , U.K.. I've not played any of the other Gran Turismo's other than Prologue and have to say its becoming quite addictive..

So yeh, see you all on track..

Bollox

Hi everyone,

Lots of new faces since I was a regular. My name is Colby, I started participating in the WRS back in Week 13 of GT4 so I've been around a while. I was Race Steward for a little while and am still here to help out the new gang of groovy stewards wherever possible. The WRS is right up my alley, I love hot lapping and striving for perfection in a lap/race and so you'll see me pretty regularly in the results. A big welcome to all the new guys too :cheers:

Hi - I'm Kevin, part of the "new gang of groovy stewards." :sly:

I'm new to that role, but have been running in WRS just about every week since week 112 of GT4. It's a great place to improve your skills, and I've made a lot of friends along the way as well. 👍

See you out on the track. :cheers:

Hello all i'm Shaun.
Stumbled upon WRS and i'll give it a go when time permits :).

Just had a quick go at week 2 and it's a combo i would never have driven myself, so i'm sure more combo's that i wouldn't normally use will keep the interest of GTP5 up for a while yet. 👍

Good Luck all. :)

Hi all, my name is Russ. I'm new to gtplanet and the WRS. I've played through GT1, 2, 3, 4 several times and now prologue. I always thought myself a fair driver, until I found this forum, man some of you, or should I say most of you are very fast! Anyway, I'm looking forward to competing with you all. 👍

Hi all, my name is Russ. I'm new to gtplanet and the WRS. I've played through GT1, 2, 3, 4 several times and now prologue. I always thought myself a fair driver, until I found this forum, man some of you, or should I say most of you are very fast! Anyway, I'm looking forward to competing with you all. 👍

You will learn there is always someone faster than you here but the more you run the WRS the fast you will become. Say give it a few months and you will notice a difference in your speed.

Hi everyone, I've been playing Gran Turismo since GT4 but this is the first time I've joined a forum. I'm still not sure how this works but I'm looking forward to improving my skills with the wheel.

Hi all! My name is Sami. I'm a Gran Turismoist since GT1. My first WRS experience was GT5P week 04 with yellow Ford GT with black stripes.
:cheers:

Hi All I'm Kevin in freezing Scotland.

Played GT1 then got married, kids etc then back for GT4. Only got my PS3 for GT5 really. First time in WRS and loving the weekly challange shame i don't have more time to race it each week. Thought I was quite quick but not as fast as most people on here!!

Play other games on PS3, if any one fancys a game of FIFA 09 or Call Of Duty 4 and 5 add my PSN Wotzit07.

Oh you better watch out I'm hoping that santa will be bringing me a nice G25 so I can get rid of my EX wheel :) and if he does well it might be a new fancy race seat in the sales!!

Hello fellow WRSers. My name, confusingly, is actually Tim. But if you call me that online I'll probably think you're talking about somebody else :) Even my game-playing friends IRL call me Bob thanks to my tag.

Been playing GT since the days of the original PlayStation and taking got my first wheel setup with GT3. I was still using that wheel till a couple of months ago!

I originally signed up to GTPlanet with the intention of taking part in the GT4 WRS, but never got round to it. The GT5p WRS came at just the right time to rekindle my interest in the game and the element of competition has finally made time trials interesting! I find it a great way to really learn the tracks and improve my technique.

Since I went Mac I do all my gaming on the PS3, so GT5p is the only racing sim I get to play these days. In the past I dabbled in online racing with Grand Prix Legends, which was just awesome. I'd love to see those cars in GT5. I like a bit of FPS action too, a few months ago I was playing a lot of CoD4 and R6V2 and I play GRAW 2 on 360 every Tuesday with a bunch of friends. Currently playing through Bioshock, which is utterly fantastic - go and buy it right now.

Hey everybody, my name is Mischa (in case you're wondering, i'm a guy, it's also a guy's name :) ) from Switzerland and i'm totally new to WRS and GTP, though i'm reading here for quite a while now.

I'm happy to participate in some race events, though i'm quite limited in my time, especially these days with all the holidays coming up.

Cheers Belifant

G'day mates. My name is Chris, I am 37 year old bloke, recently single, a Class I HGV driver and part time racer (when funds allow these days).

I reside in rural Derbyshire, England although I am no country bumpkin thankyouverymuch.. I am however partial to the occasional Bakewell Pudding.

Gaming wise, I have a long time love affair with GT dating back to the first one. My racing game "carreer" started back in the 80's with Pole Position (hehehe) but I also enjoy some FPS type stuff and have been known to make custom meshes and textures for The Elderscrolls games (Morrowind, Oblivion).

In online racing, I am strictly mediocre and unexciting although I enjoy a good clean show, no matter the placing acheived.

A very good day to you all, and happy racing :)

Hi. My name is Sami and I´m a GT-addict. Good to be here. First there were some harmless minor arcade driving games. Atleast that´s what I thought then. In those days I met this guy called AutoAki. He invited me to his place to play Gran Turismo. Told me that first time is a freebie.. He seemed to be honest so l took the hook.

So there l go. Started to move to new versions. GT2, GT3 then GT4.. Even to so called GT5P. I´m still not mad at him. No. Funny, but rather keep him as a high respected sensei. With amazing touch to almost any car, excellent pace and still staying as cold as Eskimos pus.. sorry iglu.

My girlfriend stands by me, trying to keep me busy and my attention in somewhere else. We even bought a dog. Please don´t judge me, but still when she turns her back to me, I find myself in online with wide grin in my face, squeezing that black leathered wheel and waiting for all those opponents and cars popping to my screen.. Anyway, thanks for listening. Speed be with you all. Cheers.

Hi all you GT-nolifes!

My name is Aki, and I have also been addicted to this game since part 1. GT3 was finally mindblower to me, and I almost quit my schools and jobs, that I could only play it 24/7.

Since those days, and small disappointment with GT4, which had no that kind of online structure what I was hoping, this new Game is awesome! Now we finally have somekind of 'easy to play-online', and it's getting better since we got more options in to it.

I have been hanging here since Prologue was released in Finland, but I never give any serious thoughts about getting deeper, cause I've had so much fun with many quality-drivers here, even I have no tag.

Then I saw my good friend Kemikz had done that qualifier, and I felt huge jealousy raising inside me. Spirit of our endless competition in everything which affiliate to Gran Turismo, said to me: 'Dude, you can find that time to do it, if you really want. It's about time at last'

I have very strong racing-nature, so I was never chosen that qualifying-mission, cause I always rather race online than driving alone laps after laps. It just dont fit to me, and I'm not very good at hotlapping. I make too much mistakes when driving to the limits, and then I get mad to myself. I have manner to punish myself by hitting my leg with fist, so after hotlapping session I hardly can walk everytime.

To this WRS-competition I will try to participate so soon as possible, but I have family and lots of work, so I maybe cant do my ultimate best performance. I'm somekind of racing-perfectionist too, so it's hard to me take a part, if I cant do best what I could.

My racing days are Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. Not all of them at same week, but if you wanna fair and clean battle, you may find me from some of RWD-events between 19-23pm GMT.

ps. If I sometime accidentally hit you, or something like that, you can cool down your anger by imaging how I'm punching my leg and tears are leaking along my cheeks.

See you on track!

AutoAki/GTP_Aki

Welcome to the WRS, Aki. Great to see you've desided to make a GTP PSN-id :)
And I see you've qualified straight into division 1 bronze. Well done 👍

Welcome to WRS Aki and congradulations make division 1.:cheers: From your post, I'd say you're going to need a wheel chair soon. :)

Hi all you GT-nolifes!

My name is Aki, and I have also been addicted to this game since part 1. GT3 was finally mindblower to me, and I almost quit my schools and jobs, that I could only play it 24/7.

I make too much mistakes when driving to the limits, and then I get mad to myself. I have manner to punish myself by hitting my leg with fist, so after hotlapping session I hardly can walk everytime.

ps. If I sometime accidentally hit you, or something like that, you can cool down your anger by imaging how I'm punching my leg and tears are leaking along my cheeks.

See you on track!

AutoAki/GTP_Aki

Welcome to the WRS buddy, also congratulations on making it into D1. 👍
That part about you punching yourself in the leg made me :lol:
Maybe I need to try that one myself. :)

Yo,

MadMax86 here, I'm a "GT-Holic"
I just turned 22 today. :D
I live in Finland.
I've been around GTplanet / weekly race series since week 171 of GT4 WRS.

I purchased GT3... PS3+GT5P sixaxis pack 4 days ago.
And I ran the qualifier for current WRS yesterday.
At the moment waiting for those results, but soon to be taking part to GTP_WRS Week 06

regards

MadMax (GTP_MadMax86)

Congrats and great to have you back.👍

We have now more Fins then Dutch.

Yo,

MadMax86 here, I'm a "GT-Holic"
I just turned 22 today. :D
I live in Finland.
I've been around GTplanet / weekly race series since week 171 of GT4 WRS.

I purchased GT3... PS3+GT5P sixaxis pack 4 days ago.
And I ran the qualifier for current WRS yesterday.
At the moment waiting for those results, but soon to be taking part to GTP_WRS Week 06

regards

MadMax (GTP_MadMax86)

Great to have you on board here. 👍 And I hope you made it into D1. :sly:

:cheers:
Kevin

Hi, my name is Ricardo, I'm 16 years old, and playing Gran Turismo since the first one, but only on GT4 a stated to play for real.
I'm totally new in WRS.
I will try my best.
See you in the track!

Hey everybody!

I'm AUSnicko9 (PSN: aussie_nicko) and the WRS is totally new to me! Been a huge fan of the GT Series since the first one and played every game up to
GT5: Prologue.

Looking forward to my first official WRS race!

Hey, Im new to WRS.

Im Jack and a Division 1 bronze GTP member. Normally Im not to keen on doing time trails but Ive grown to liking them..... just about :lol: Wanted to test out something new so thought Id try this out :)

Some of you may have raced me before as Im normally on GT5:P each night.

Looking forward to this, Jack

Edit: Owh and I race with a SixAxis :)

Hey guys I'm new to the WRS. The week 08 challenge was my first one and I am still getting used to the new DFGT wheel I got a few days ago. I'm in Division 3 bronze (qualified with a pad) and I'm still building my skills with the wheel up to where they were with a pad, but I'll be there soon enough. It's just tough dealing with oversteer - it's completely different with a wheel than a pad, and it'll take some time to get used to, but the new NSX challenge should help with that.

Hi all,

My name is Diogo, I'm a Brazilian living in the US. I've started my GT addiction relatively late (GT4), and I'm a complete GT addict by now with Prologue. I usually prefer to race online, but I'm starting to like time trials now that NTSC races are so empty that they are essentially time trials disguised as races. :)

Looking forward to some close competition.
Cheers,

-- Diogo (ZeeStig)

PS: Yes, ZeeStig is a reference to The Stig (love top gear).

Back